Blui's 2014-2015 Season

Blui

lv85 paladin
Howdy, stuff goes here

LC #1: Dragonite/Virizion/Techs 3-0-2 (3rd)
R1: Seismitoad/Mewtwo/Garbodor WW 1-0-0
R2: Virizion/Genesect WLT 1-0-1
R3: Seismitoad/Mewtwo/Cobalion/Garbodor WW 2-0-1
R4: Landorus/Lucario/Garbodor WW 3-0-1
R5: Virizion/Mewtwo/Genesect ID 3-0-2
I decided to ID last round because I was hungry and tired, 5 points doesn't really matter to me at this point.

Props:
Dragonite
Early CP
Techs man

Slops:
People not IDing into Top 4
Dead drew Round 2 :(

LC #2: Dragonite/Virizion/Techs 3-2 (5th)
R1: Trevenant/Seismitoad WW 1-0-0
R2: Seismitoad/Yveltal/Mewtwo/Garbodor LWW 2-0-0
R3: Blastoise/Keldeo/Black Kyurem LL 2-1-0
R4: Aromatisse/Xerneas/Mewtwo/Yveltal LL 2-2-0
R5: Lucario/Landorus/Garbodor/Hawlucha WW 3-2-0

Props:
Seismitoad + Hard Charm
Decent pulls

Slops:
Smells
Worst draws of any tournament I've played in
Prizing Seismitoad when I actually want it
>tfw bubble

10/300CP

Blui

lv85 paladin
I've been to two cities thus far and have done alright.

21 players // 5 rounds // Top 8

At Adelaide I played Zapdos/Mega Manectric/Mewtwo/Jynx. It was the right call but the tournament didn't pan out as expected :(
R1 vs Donphan WW
Easy match, it was some random guy and Zapdos did what it's meant to.

R2 vs Seismitoad/Charizard/Mewtwo/Garbodor WW
Game 1 goes down to 1 prize but I manage to pull it out. Game 2 he gets a bad start and I capitalize.

R3 vs Yveltal/Darkrai/Seismitoad LWT
This is where salt formed. Game 1 I dead draw and lose from there. I pull Game 2 easily and then Game 3 pretty much went down to sleep flips. Time gets called and I'm sitting on five prizes, but my opponent couldn't pull the game.

R4 vs Gengar/Stoutland/Dragalgae/Dusknoir LW
This deck is stupid. This deck is stupid. This deck is stupid. This deck is stupid.

R5 vs Virizion/Genesect LWL
So I'm playing into cut, lose the opening flip and it just goes downhill from there.

2-1-2 (9th)

Props:
nothing? I didn't like this tournament :/

Slops:
wasted a day

40 players // 6 round // Top 8
I went in with Seismitoad/Garbodor

R1 vs Deoxys/Lugia/Thundurus/Eeveelutions WW
Easy matchup, I drop Head Ringer on his mons and keep discarding Energy.

R2 vs Seismitoad/Pyroar/Charizard LW(?)
I Quaking Punch and then he VS Seekers for N, plays it and we get a double game loss :^) The I pull Game 2 very easily from him with a strong start.

R3 vs Aromatisse/Techs WW
Probably the hardest game I had to win. I had to deal with Yveltal, Mewtwo, Seismitoad and Virizion. Luckily I hit my Hammers and Ringers and just lock him out of it.

R4 vs Seismitoad/Yveltal/Darkrai LL
He ran Rock Guard and got it out both games so I just get slaughtered. Didn't help that I missed early Quaking Punches.

R5 vs Night March (no Flareon) WLW
Oh god. Game 1 I go first and get decent stuff, but he manages to get three Battle Compressor. Luckily, he prized the Night Marchers he needed. I Trump Card him the next turn, get Garb and just roll from there. Then Game 2 I just couldn't get Toads going. It was weird. Game 3 was a standard Toad vs Night March match, I lock him out of Compressor the game rolls to me.

R6 vs Kyurem/Mega Manectric/Deoxys WW
Sadly I got downpaired and couldn't ID into cut. Luckily this was a good matchup though. I get good flips of everything and just roll it.

5-1-0 (2nd Seed)

Top 8 vs Landorus/Crobat/Hawlucha WLW
This was a lot harder than expected. I manage to get a stong start Game 1 and take it from there but in Game 2 he just had too much offensive pressure and I crumble. Game 3 we both start strong but Garb trumps Crobat so I manage to pull it.

Top 4 vs Landorus/Crobat/Hawlucha LWW
This deck again. Ugh. This was a lot harder as I kept getting baited into taking the first Hawlucha hit. Game 1 and 2 are pretty much just this and then Game 3 he starts lone Landorus and doesn't draw another Basic :/

Top 2 vs Seismitoad/Charizard/Garb LL
I wasn't really prepared for this. Sadly I can't get Punches off on other Toads and lose the trade off. He also ran more anti-Toad stuff, so I bite the bucket there.

Props:
40 CP
Bounced back after Adelaide
Memes

Slops:
3 Medicham in my 10 packs. 3
Seismitoad mirrors :(

So now I'm sitting on 50/200 CP from 4 events (2 LCs, 2 Cities)

Blui

lv85 paladin
Perth Regionals
Flareon/Empoleon

The event was on the Sunday and my friend and I went up on the Friday to chill for a bit. We made the PokeAus Edition of Cards Against Humanity for when the others arrived later in the afternoon. When they did we had a BBQ and played CAH, it was pretty great. On Saturday night we ended up going for a Laser Tag session and that was very productive. Then the event on Sunday.

I ended up playing Flareon/Empoleon, the deck I used in Tasmania Regionals but with a single change of including a copy of Vaporeon (Muddy Water) to help in the Landorus/Crobat matchup which knocked the two Flareon in Tasmania.

R1) Jit Min w/ Groudon/Landorus
What a way to open a tournament, against the only international player and a stellar one too. I felt comfortable going in, my Flareon, Leafeon and such would trade very well with Jit's Landorus, Lucario and Groudon. This was true for Game 1 which I took with relative ease, but sadly I open very poorly the next two games and get kicked out in the first round.
0-1-0

R2) ??? w/ Seismitoad/Crobat
I didn't quite know what I was going into here, all I knew was that is was a Seismitoad variant and I don't quite like those because of my lowered Leafeon count. Game 1 I manage to Bangle a Leafeon and sweep him from there as Bats have very little board presence allowing me to keep my Leafeon out even longer. Game 2 is a repeat of what happened with Jit, I open poorly and get thrown about quickly losing too many prizes to have a proper comeback. Game 3 I dominate him early, Leafeon takes quite a few prizes but then I hit a brick wall as he takes my Leafeon out and I can't respond properly. I eventually manage to get that last KO and take the set.
1-1-0

R3) ??? w/ Virizion/Genesect
Game 1 I get a god tier board position; 3 Flareon and Silver Bangle turn 2 and start taking prizes. The game lasts about five minutes. Game 2 was a little shakier as I lose an Energy Evolution Eevee T2 to a Lysandre Emerald Slash. I somehow manage to hold on and get the Flareon rolling and take the game quickly.

2-1-0

R4) ??? w/ Manectric/Suicune/Stuff
Before the game begins we make an agreement that if it would go to a tie, whoever was up on prizes would take the win. Game 1 he barely attaches any Energy and I roll him quickly. Game 2 I prize some crucial pieces such as Trump Card and can't locate them because I can't find the Town Map. It gets to the point where I deck out because the Trump was my last prize. Game 3 he gets a great start, T2 MegaMan and the likes. I'm quickly set back and am struggling to get up on prizes, but eventually take down the MegaMan and his charged up mons, putting me a prize ahead on Turn 3. He keeps to the agreement and scoops to me.
3-1-0

R5) Amy Wilson w/ Seismitoad/Garbodor
Game 1 I get a strong start but fizzle out due to my lowered Leafeon count. Game 2 I get a Bangled Leaf Blade going taking prizes everywhere. Game 3 I don't even remember. It was pretty bad though.
3-2-0

So at this point I have to win to get in, there's a couple of Toad in my bracket and then a VirGen. Naturally, I hope to hit the Grass deck :p but, I don't :L

R6) Steven Filliposki w/ Landorus/Crobat
http://www.twitch.tv/retroaustralia/b/643068644
So I ended up hitting Bats, the deck I teched for. Good. Game 1 he opens with some crazy stuff, like 3 Zubat if I remember correctly and I'm just sitting there scared. I get a Turn 1 Vaporeon with the Training Center though but end up burning my hand away. Luckily, he N's away my nothingness into a fresh hand of 6. Ah. From that point I just swing at him over and over, taking all my prizes. Game 2 was much of the same, Turn 1 Vaporeon and I laugh from there.
4-2-0

So now I await the verdict of if my resistance is good enough to cut. And...8th seed! Yes! Just in!

1) Daniel Collins (Manectric/Seismitoad/Suicune)
2) Amy Wilson (Seismitoad/Garbodor)
3) Andrew Tan (Groudon/Donphan)
4) Shane Quinn (Kyogre)
5) Jit Min (Groudon/Landorus)
6) Matty Masefield (Seismitoad/Yveltal)
7) Shaun Sewell (Flareon/Empoleon)
8) Michael Zirnsak (Flareon/Empoleon)

Top 8) Daniel Collins w/ Manectric/Seismitoad/Suicune
So I was staying at Daniel's and I had to beat him in Top 8. Sure thing. Game 1 he doesn't get anything on the board and Leafeon Leaf Blades him to death. Fun. Game 2 was a lot closer, he gets a Trump Card chain going early and Flareon has a hard time getting enough damage on the board to get rid of MegaMan but eventually gets here. After the MegaMan were dealt with Leafeon cleaned up.
5-2-0

Top 4) Jit Min w/ Groudon/Landorus
Oh man, Jit again. Both of us were very worried, him because the theorymon was in my favor, and me because of what happened in Round 1. Eek. Luckily, it's not a repeat of Round 1 and I get a quick Vaporeon spreading damage around to soften up his Terrakion and Lucario. As well as shutting off his Focus Sash. From there I take down his stuff largely with Leafeon and then Flareon taking the game right at the end. Game 2 was much of the same, I get some small damage on the board quickly and proceed to take my prizes from there.
6-2-0

Woo! Top 2! If I pull a win, I get my worlds invite.

Top 2) Amy Wilson w/ Seismitoad/Garbodor
http://www.twitch.tv/retroaustralia/b/643126262
I get rolling quickly and get down to 2 Prizes before she has much of anything on the board. Sadly, when I had potential game in hand, I flip tails on a sleep flip and lose all steam from there. Game 2 was cancerous. Both of us open with dead hands and the non-preferred starter, me with Audino and her with Trubbish. I attach a DCE and pass. She attaches hers and plays a Laser. Heads. Swing for 20, sleep check. Tails. Dammit. Pass. Tails. 20. Tails. Top deck Exeggcute and drop it. Pass. Muscle Band and KO the Egg. Welp, what a final.
6-3-0

+135CP
185/200

Props:
>PokeAus CAH
>Laser Tag
>Cracking Magic packs and getting Elder Dragons
>Second
>Vaporeon
>Leafeon
>Team Daniel
>Jit Min (had a great laugh with this guy in Top 4, it was such a chill game despite the level)

Slops:
>Sleep checks
>CaneToads
>Poorly advertised prereg