Blui's 2012-2013 Season (82/200 CP)

Blui

lv85 paladin
Before the event I decided what I was playing, Darkrai EX/Hydreigon with a Mewtwo EX tech. I knew my list had its problems (not enough search) but it performed very consistently, and I would only lose against unfavorable matchups or when I had a bad start.

I woke up at 7 to get ready for the day (breakfast, ect.), I normally wouldn't wake up that early, but my sister was going to here boyfriends house (which sucks). My dad dropped me off at my grandparents (he was going away from the city) and I caught a bus with them that stopped right outside the store, except I had to wait for my disorganized friend (urgh). So they left (they were going to the country via train after catching the bus) and I waited for half and hour for my friend to show up. He arrived just before the bus came and we got to the venue at 9:30, half a hour before registration began.

I waited and bought a nice cool raspberry soft drink (the venue was boiling) to enjoy before the tournament starts. I handed in my list, and away I went.

Round 1 vs Emily K (2012 Australian National Champion) w/ Darkrai EX/Mewtwo EX
I was worried when I saw this, because I had only beaten her once and she was playing a hard deck for me to beat.

Game 1: She sets up a Mewtwo with heaps of energy and Catcher'd all my pokemon and Ko'd them
0-1
Game 2: I get a good start, I get a T2 Hydreigon and Night Spear on an Eviolited Darkrai, she couldn't get anything going and I won
1-1
Game 3: Tough one, we both had average starts, but I got what I needed first and KO'd her Darkrai and Mewtwo.
2-1
I was really happy, I beat one of the top threats in seniors. I asked her why she didn't play Terrakion, because if she had that she probably would have beaten me.
1-0

After the game i found out that she dropped from the tournament, which meant I had to win all my games to make cut :/

Round 2 vs Henry w/ Ho-oh EX/Tornadus
I hate this deck, it is such a hard deck for me to beat, so I was really worried, even though I knew the whole list.

Game 1: I start with a lone Deino and go second, he starts with a Tornadus EX, he drops a Skyarrow and a DCE and uses Blow Through for the game.
0-1
Game 2:
This game went forever basically I just Catcher'd his Terrakion and used the Hydreigon/Sableye combo to get cheap prizes, then he played a Mew EX with a DCE and catched my Mewtwo (which had three energy) and OHKO'd it, I hit the last Dark Patch in my deck, use it, Dark Trance onto Hydreigon and use Dragonblast for the KO.
1-1
Game 3: he starts with a lone Shaymin EX (which is for the mirror apparently), he goes first and draws a Mewtwo, he benched it and attached a DCE and an Eviolite, I play my Mewtwo (knowing that he didn't have any Plus Powers) and put an Eviolite on it too. He attaches another energy (a fire) and passes. I draw a Bianca, which I play to get a Rare Candy and a Hydreigon, I evolve my Deino and Dark Trance three energy to Mewtwo, retreated and Catcher'd his Mewtwo and OHKO'd it, he scooped after that, because he didn't draw into a basic after that.
2-0

Round 3 vs Christopher Kan (2011 World Champ. :O) w/ straight Darkrai EX
This was an odd game, he was just playing straight Darkrai. I knew I had the upper hand and played the best games ever

Game 1: I get a T2 Night Spear and Hydreigon (again?) and KO his Sableye, he sends in a Darkrai potions it and passes, I proceed to 2HKO it with my Darkrai.
1-0
Game 2: he gets nothing and I swamp him with my Darkrai team
3-0
Wow! I beat the best player in seniors!

I knew what I had to face in the next round, Terrakion EX/Mewtwo EX, the worst deck imaginable.

Round 4 vs Lucas w/ Terrakion EX/Mewtwo EX
I was really nervous, neither of us had made topcut in a tournament and whoever won would go into it.
Game 1: He starts with a lone Bouffalant, I go first and put two Energy on my Darkrai (with attachment and Dark Patch) he draws into a Terrakion and benches it, then he plays a N. I drew into a Candy, Hydreigon, Blend and another Dark Patch. He passes, and I draw into a Catcher, I play the Blend on Deino, evolve it and Catcher his Terrakion and KO it. I get a Dark Patch off my prize, he drew into no basics and played another N, he whiffed all the basics and search cards, I use the cards in hand to get another Dragonblast KO.
1-0
Game 2: He gets a Terrakion EX and I get my only Dark Type Deino, he KO's me 2nd turn for the win.
1-1
Game 3: I forget this game :p,, it went to 1(me) to his 3, time was called and he had Turn 0, he passes after attaching to his benced Terrakion EX, I attack his active Mewtwo with my Darkrai and place 30 on the other, he Ns hoping for a Catcher so he could KO my Sableye and bring it to Sudden Death, he whiffs it and I get the Catcher that I needed, he retreats and hits me for 160 (lol Eviolite ftw). I play the Catcher and KO his Mewtwo
4-0

So after Swiss I go 4-0, putting me in top cut (yeah, in Aus we get cut). We wait half a hour for pairings, my opponent is Chris.

Top cut vs Christopher Kan w/ Darkrai EX
Yay! Cut!

Game 1: I can't get anything :<
0-1
Game 2: See Game 1 :<
0-2

So I place 2nd and get my packs, CP and Victory Cup, me and Chris had a pack opening war. I pulled a FA Ho-oh and a regular Terrakion EX, I think he lost that battle.

Props:
2nd!
Great pulls!
Beating Chris in a match!
Beating Emily!

Slops
Emily dropping.

Season:
4-0
10CP
Next tournament; Ballarat BR on the 28th

Ballarat BRs w/ Hydreigon
R1 Chris w/ Hammertime L
R2 Nick w/ Mewtwo/Terrakion W
R3 Emily w/ Darkrai/Mewtwo L
R4 Robin w/ Reshiboar W
5th 0 CP

Ballarat Cities w/ Hydreigon
R1 vs Chris w/ Ho-oh W
R2 vs Robin w/ RayEels W
R3 vs Emily w/ Darkrai/Mewtwo W
R4 vs Kaiwan w/ Landorus/Mewtwo L
T2 vs Kaiwan w/ Landorus/Mewtwo L
2nd 40CP
Afterwards I found out that Kaiwan played Hydreigon every round. Argh

Geelong Cities w/ Hammertime
R1 Mr Lucksack (Kye) w/ Blastoise/Keldeo (T2 Blastoise every game with heaps of energy. Argh) L
R2 Emily w/ Blastoise/Keldeo W
R3 Robin w/ Hydreigon W
R4 Kevin w/ Landorus, goes down to time and I get no energy and go second. L
6-8th? 0CP

Melbourne cities w/ Blastoise/Keldeo
R1 Kaiwan w/ Blasoise/Keldeo L
R2 Robin w/ Hydreigon L (I freaking hate Shaymin (except when they're mine :D))
R3 Kye w/ Blastoise/Keldeo W
R4 ??? w/ n00b deck (dead draws, wins) W
9th 0CP

Dandenong Cities w/ Hydreigon (back to basics)
R1 Bye
R2 Angus w/ Hydreigon W
R3 Kaiwan w/ RayEels (he needed to draw 1 Electric energy to win game 1, top decks Computer Search, slow donk'd Game 2) L
R4 Nick w/ Sigilyph I lose game 1 and then get game loss Game 2 because of an evil Hydreigon L
4th! (I was so happy, as if I won worlds :p) 30CP and got a Computer Search!

CP Total: 82
W:L Ratio (Swiss): 15:9
W:L Ratio (Top Cut): 0:2
ELO: 1640.41 :)()

Here's to dead drawing on all the important games!

Went to a PR today and am really annoyed. I draw well at PRs. Not at actual events >.>
So I get there and find all these new seniors and stuff.
We get our packs and I start opening, I get RH Colress machine, Colress, Plasma Energy, Eviolite, Victory Piece and some other stuff. Everyone who sat at my table (except) me pulled an EX. I always get bad packs.
I make my deck
1 Skarmory
1 Durant (Hard Crunch)
1-2 Watchog (the hand discarding one)
1 Lunatone
1 Druddigon
1-2 Garbodor (Biosmog, its for the poison types)
1 Liepard (just for discarding)
1 Rotom
13 Lightning Energy
8 Steel Energy
1 Plasma Energy
1 Plasma Frigate
1 Colress Machine
1 Colress
1 Bicycle
1 Ether
1 Eviolite

I win the first round because he didn't use the alien's second attack
I win the second round because I overwelmed him with good plays (like rendering Vaniluxe useless, despite having 3 energy)
I win the third round because I survived Victini EX with Skarmory and procede to maul it
And I win the last round becaause he starts with 1 basic each game and I manage to get T1 attacks for 20 twice, and flip heads with Watchog's second attack.

So I won with a crap deck and survived multiple EX scares. Why didn't this happen during cities?
I open my last two packs and get more trash. I later trade for another Rayquaza EX and Sigilyph and sell a Plasma Klinklang for $8. I also trade 2 Max Potion and Shift Gear Klinklang for a Dowsing Machine. And some guy said that he wanted both of his Scramble Switch, and as soon as I trade with someone else he trades it. Wut.

Pros:
Lucky sleeves(?)
Cons:
Lucky matches at PR
Bad pulls
not getting scramble switch
Kaiwan having 2 Lugia EX, 2 Victini EX, 4 Hypnotoxic Laser and every PS staple there is...

Back