'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

TyrantrumTantrum

The angriest fossil
So basically run Mega Mewtwo Y ex with Shaymin ex, and never use the X version because this one is way more viable, got it... broken AF X-Ball, and still not a counter to night march! :] Lets go bois!

okuRaku

Aspiring Trainer
The Cresselia's attack is called "Moonlight Gain" and has text under it, so I would assume it has some type of effect.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Sigh, why the heck couldn't they turn Mega Mewtwo X into a fighting type Pokémon for some variety like they did with Mega Charizard X? Granted it has fighting type energy requirements but still...

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Gotta love PCL... X Ball on steroids... although this time they took caution so games wouldn't be just Mewtwo countering Mewtwo (damage not affected by weakness)...
Oh, and the artworks look amazing, specially Mega Mewtwo Y...

Last edited:

orthusaku

Tired Trainer
Sigh, why the heck couldn't they turn Mega Mewtwo X into a fighting type Pokémon for some variety like they did with Mega Charizard X? Granted it has fighting type energy requirements but still...

But than it would be able to abuse strong energy and all the fighting support already in the game :p

Also liking how both can be ohked by AT golurk (muscle band or strong energy needed for mewtwo Y) :D

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The Cresselia was super cute! I'm not really impressed by the M Mewtwo art for either, but at least they're better than the one we saw yesterday. :p

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
I was expecting already one mega to be fighting type, to abuse strong energy and the fighting stadium.
But hey, I am not complaining. Both of them ate insanely powerful.
Specially the one with 200 damage. OMG.
I mean there's only a stadium card in play, and it's not effected by any effect on defending Pokémon.
Good by Girantina... Nice knowing you.

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
200 damage?
With an upside? o_O
Okay, that will see some abuse!

I guess he isn't fightning to prevent something like Maxie's to get it into play easier without mega evolution.
And how rediculious would it be with strong energy...

CYL

All hail Eevee!
So I want to clarify this for people, yes the art for Mewtwo EX is a bit odd, but PLANETA is an art studio with multiple artists, each card done by a different one specifically but they all pitch in one way or another. So PLANETA has always had a decent mix of awesome and lackluster artwork, and substantially more positive reviews than Yoshinob, but I digress.

While Mewtwo doesn't typically get shown to be physically orientated, the fact that this Mewtwo is the set up for the physical bruiser M-Mewtwo X makes sense. It is portraying what this Mewtwo wants to be in the future. Perspective wise, having Mewtwo's head be down with its mouth open is definitely a side of Mewtwo that we are not used to seeing, but nothing is proportionally wrong with it, its just awkward. It could be worse, it could have been Machamp EX broke sausage fingers.
So the yet-to-be-release version would be more Mewtwo Y orientated? Interesting idea.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I was expecting already one mega to be fighting type, to abuse strong energy and the fighting stadium.
But hey, I am not complaining. Both of them ate insanely powerful.
Specially the one with 200 damage. OMG.
I mean there's only a stadium card in play, and it's not effected by any effect on defending Pokémon.
Good by Girantina... Nice knowing you.

I don't think It's an instant win against Giratina. Mewtwo X takes 3 turns to attach the necessary energy, while Giratina can do it in 2 turns (best case scenario) Also you can't play any stadium cards after Chaos Wheel and with Vileplume in play you might lose a turn because you can't play a spirit link. Anyway, I do love the new Mewtwo especially X. It's a pretty brutal attack... if you asked me though, they should've nerved it a bit and made Mewtwo X a fighting type.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Oh my... Mewtwo's X-Ball rises from the grave. The main issue might be its low HP for a mega at 210, but the scariest thing is this Mega could easily be placed into lots of deck strategies. After all, it just needs 2 colorless to attack.

Just imagine putting this into a Fairy Toolbox or Bronzong Deck! O_O

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
I'm not entirely sure about M Mewtwo-Y, but it does seem to hit all the right numbers (DCE on M Mewtwo + DCE on opponent = 130 Damage, more than enough for most one DCE attackers.

The only thing about old X Ball Mewtwo was that is was always splashable. This isn't really, it's a deck. Nice move to make it not hit for weakness though. I think they've learned from X Ball.

As for M Mewtwo X, I kinda like it. It's PFF with Dimension Valley, which with Mega Turbo and various other methods of acceleration (such a Landorus FFI) it could work. The only problem is that while the attack may seem like a better P Groudon attack, M Mewtwo can take advantage of non of the Fighting type damage boosts. The most it can take advantage of is Muscle Band, which at 220 is missing a lot of important KOs

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Oh my... Mewtwo's X-Ball rises from the grave. The main issue might be its low HP for a mega at 210, but the scariest thing is this Mega could easily be placed into lots of deck strategies. After all, it just needs 2 colorless to attack.

Just imagine putting this into a Fairy Toolbox or Bronzong Deck! O_O

It's still at least three cards to function properly (Mewtwo EX, M Mewtwo-EX Y, and Spirit Link).

It's not splashable, by definition Mega Pokemon really are not designed to be so. However, as it's own deck in Bronzong it might be very very good. Especially with Float Stone back in the format and Rush In Zoroark in the set as well. I'd argue a M Mewtwo/Zoroark Deck is a superior option to Metal Ray.