'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
Octillery might see some play. Its like a better Electrode, or a slightly worse Delphox but its a Stage 1 instead.

I still think Shaymin-EX has taken too much power for weaker substitutes, though.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
stage 1 water poke, can be grabbed by both level ball and dive ball, and can refill your hand to 5 once a turn, think I can find a spot in my decks for it.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
this may be something to use in vespiquen...as the deck already abuses level ball

jaredtheunseen

Aspiring Trainer
Octillery looks awesome! He isn't hampered too much by being a Stage 1, I think. He won't be turned off by Silent Lab which is a huge plus over Shaymin-EX. And, obviously, you can use Octillery every turn instead f just once when he is benched. Additionally you can use Wally to get Octillery out on your first turn and you can then use Octillery's ability to draw some more cards. And given our currently available draw supporters (ie not stellar), I think Octillery will really shine.

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
So honestly, I don't know what to think of this card. The 90 HP means it can be searched with level ball, which is great. This thing is, after all, a better Electrode which did see some play.

However, as someone mentioned earlier, Parallel City is in this same set. With that said, it's hard to tell if bench warmers will even still be viable. Shaymin-EX is already better than this, and Parallel City makes that fact even more true.

Budget alternative, maybe?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
This will be amazing in Vespiquen decks. I can even see it playing a single copy of Parallel City to discard it or any Eevee you don't neede anymore or need in the discard for a KO.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
So honestly, I don't know what to think of this card. The 90 HP means it can be searched with level ball, which is great. This thing is, after all, a better Electrode which did see some play.

However, as someone mentioned earlier, Parallel City is in this same set. With that said, it's hard to tell if bench warmers will even still be viable. Shaymin-EX is already better than this, and Parallel City makes that fact even more true.

Budget alternative, maybe?

Shaymin is a bit of a liability, being an EX with a tiny amount of health that you only use once (without using Scoop Ups or AZ, etc) that just sits on your bench doing very little for the rest of the game after you use it. It's true that this only lets you draw up to 5, but that's still a decent amount of cards for a once-per-turn effect.

asdjklghty

-------------
Why can't they just reprint cosmic power claydol? Best consistency card ever made.
The makers want to the game to be more luck based than ever. Honestly, besides N and Sycamore (gone in Standard), there aren't any good draw cards. Shauna is so weak and should have given an extra card instead of a weak 5. Birch is too luck based.

Cosmic Power needs to come back but I don't see that happening. There won't be many ways to get out of a jam, especially on PTCGO where the "shuffling" is horrendous.

Mithrandir

Aspiring Trainer
With all the water type reveals we might be getting our special water energy this set. That would be cool. I wanna see if it fits my AT Gyarados deck.

LostSalamence

LOST: The End
I don't really like Octillery's artwork. It looks like it is saying 'please give me more water, this pool is too small...'. And you just don't want to give it water, because it looks awful. Hope we get another Octillery (there is a solid chance with two Remoraids) with better artwork.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Use Octillery's ability for hand power. Play cards down to your opponent's hand size. Use Noivern BREAK's Synchro Woofer.

Even if there are better cards for managing hand-size, Octi is a cutie.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
Octillery draws more cards than Electrode and that card saw a decent amount of play. This can be grabbed by 2 Pokemon Search items without any drawbacks. Remoraid can discard a stadium in any deck running energy, which is one of the better attacks on a prevo support Pokemon I have seen. This may be a victim of the card killing Parallel City, but that doesn't mean it's not a good card.