'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

With Vanilluxe's first attack (Shivering Press), will the effect (not using trainers/stadiums) still be on you if the opponent KOs Vanilluxe in his or her turn directly after Shivering Press is used? I am trying to think of a precedent of an effect existing after the Pokemon that "created" it is knocked out or removed from battle (particularly a longer-lasting effect like this), but drawing a blank (mostly because I've never had the situation come up in battle).

My guess is yes, but I'm not a rules expert or judge.

With Vanilluxe's first attack (Shivering Press), will the effect (not using trainers/stadiums) still be on you if the opponent KOs Vanilluxe in his or her turn directly after Shivering Press is used? I am trying to think of a precedent of an effect existing after the Pokemon that "created" it is knocked out or removed from battle (particularly a longer-lasting effect like this), but drawing a blank (mostly because I've never had the situation come up in battle).

My guess is yes, but I'm not a rules expert or judge.
You're thinking of the Magby rule:

Magby (Neo Genesis):
[C]: Sputter 10
All Pokémon Powers stop working until the end of your next turn.

"ack in the day Wizards of the Coast ruled that effects had to reside on either the Defending or the Attacking Pokemon. Neo: Genesis Magby's attack did not reside on the Defending so it had to reside on Magby itself. So if Magby was Knocked Out, Pokemon Powers would be back on. As a Slowking [Neo Genesis] player, this was important information to have."--BJJ763, identifier of the Magby Rule

However, this rule has ceased to exist.

The update's title had me hoping they'd pulled Goldeen and Seaking out of the TCG crypt. Alas, it was not meant to be...

archie's vanilluxe garbodor vileplume

Garbodor and Vileplume are completely incompatible Pokemon to use in the same deck. If you get Vileplume in play first, you can't put on a tool on Garbodor to shut off abilities, likewise if Garbodor has a tool on it, Vileplume's item lock is disabled. The only way to reliably switch between Vileplume and Garbodor locks in the same deck would be to run AZ and Giant Plant Forest to pick up Vileplume, removing the item lock to let you place a tool down, and then replaying Vileplume without its ability, to then be activated when you need it with a Tool Retriever or another way to pick up Garbodor/discard the tool attached.

In either case, one of the other, not both will be featured in most expanded decks.

The update's title had me hoping they'd pulled Goldeen and Seaking out of the TCG crypt. Alas, it was not meant to be...

I'm hoping to and have worked out that there's still the minimum of ten spots which Goldeen and Seaking could fit into between the sets, so there's still a chance (please Pokémon)

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else was tricked at first glance by the snow into thinking that the Vanilluxe was a galaxy holo, or am I just being a Bidoofus?

A Vanilluxe-EX would have been cool to see. It's always had a small soft spot in my heart. Well, actually I just think Vanillite is cute. Gimme a Vanillite Ancient Trait card and I'll be happy.

But I don't think Vanilluxe is too bad of a card. It seems bad because we're used to locking with absolutely zero repercussions, so if this is setting a new precedent for lock attacks, I'm more than happy with it.

Also I like its second attack. Flips where either result has an effect are some of my favorite types of attacks in this game. Paralysis and Confusion are a pretty ideal effect combo too, since both will generally make your opponent want to retreat. Zoroark w/ Float Stone does exist though... which sux for Vanilluxe. (I'm sorry for rhyming like that, but it just felt right.)

The thing about Vani's second attack is, TCG has done better. There used to be a Swalot that played the status game like a fiddle, and a lot of cards that offer multiple statuses haven't really risen to the challenge. Vanilluxe requires more space in your deck for a similar effect...meh.

There have been enough good players out there that make seemingly bad Pokemon actually function and become a force to be reckoned with (google and Dylan Bryan). Shaymin is still a thing as is Unown to draw outside of Supporters, and you can still use item draw unless a Plume is up and running on their side. Denying them access to a Judge, N, or Hex Maniac is interesting to say the least...and ever since HGSS people have found ways to operate around and under locks. So not like people cant again.

And also who keeps telling people that Lysandre's Trump Card in unbanned in Expanded? Because it still is. Just cause its banned in Standard doesn't mean its magically not in Expanded.

Are they trying to reveal all water-type cards at once?
I'm still waiting for them to reveal the Mega Mewtwos in full so we know what they do exactly...

Makes sense if you consider the rumors (and statements from some game designer on the project) that the next game will largely take place in a world dominated by water.

If you're talking about Japanese boxes, probably not. Online retailers (such as AmiAmi) generally do not get these promotions (I've been ordering Japanese boxes from them since BW3 and I've only received them once, for Plasma Gale), as usually only actual retail store fronts get the cards for the promotions. You'd probably need to have a friend in Japan buy the boxes at a PC or something to get the promo for you. However, the promo will be available on its own via Y!J and Ebay.

Okay, I'm really confused why of all Pokemon Octillery got chosen for the Electrode replacement.

Oct is good but I really dont like the Pokemon. Thats enough for me to not use it but if this ability were on something like Noctowl, I would use it.

That Octillery is like a better Electrode, and that saw play, so no doubt this will see some. Great constancy card. and the remoraid, well its a basic of an evolution so you can never expect too much but being able to discard a stadium for one colourless isn't the worst thing I've seen, not exactly good though.

This in a format with Level Ball = PGood.

It's just Parallel City and how far it is used that will determine how important cards like this are anymore.

Back