TCG Fakes Blergsid's Text-Based Fake Ideas - Sun/Moon Light Clash

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
So this is a fan set, from after sun and moon base, so no cards like Lunala/Solgaleo gx and none of the main characters, because I'm guessing those will be in sun/moon base. Ill start with some ultra rares, ex's and trainers, more cards included later, and this will be a 135 card set. Also, apologies for any misformatted cards, this is my first fan set. And I am also adding Alolan cards, which will be similar to how plasma cards used to be for Pokemon.

Muscle band - Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item cards during your turn as you like. (Before you attack)
Pokemon tool- attach this card to one of your Pokemon without a Pokemon tool card attached to it.
The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to do 20 more damage to the opponent's Active Pokemon(before weakness and resistance)
Ultra rare

Lunala- [P]-hp 130
Basic

Ability: Shadow Shield
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, all Tool cards, Stadium, and Special Energy in play have no effect.

[P]- Psychic Barrier-20
During your opponent's next turn, this Pokemon takes 20 less damage from each of your opponent's Active Pokemon's attacks.

[P][C][C]- Moongeist Beam-120
During your opponents next turn, all Pokemon in play, and in each player's hand and discard pile have no ability.

weakness-[P] resistance- none retreat-[C][C]
Ultra rare

Solgaleo-[m]-hp 130
Basic

Ability- Full Metal Body
This Pokemon takes no damage from attacks doing 40 or less damage.

[M]- Solarbeam-40

[M][M]-Sunsteel Strike- 90
During your opponent's next turn, all Pokemon in play, and in each player's hand and discard pile, have no abilities.

weakness-[R] resistance-[P] retreat-[C][C]
Ultra rare

Samson Oak - Trainer - Supporter
You can only play 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Search your deck for up to 3 Pokemon with Alolan in their name, and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Uncommon, full art is Ultra rare

Alolan-Sandslash-EX-[W]-hp 170
basic

Ability- Alolan claws
Each of your Alolan Pokemon(excluding Alolan-Sandslash-EX) do 10 more damage to the opponent's active Pokemon(before weakness and resistance.)

[W]-Alolan slash-10x
This attack does 10 damage for each Alolan Pokemon in play(yours and your opponents)

Weakness-[G] resistance-none retreat-[C]
Ultra rare

Life Orb - Trainer - Item
You can play as many Item cards during your turn as you like. (Before you attack)
Pokemon tool- attach this card to one of your Pokemon without a Pokemon tool card attached to it.
The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to do 50 more damage to our opponent's active Pokemon. Put 3 damage counters on the Pokemon this card is attached to whenever it attacks.
Uncommon

Feel free to leave any suggestions for new cards and changes for balance or me putting in a typo like the derp that I am. Also, expect Alolan Pokemon to be similar to plasma Pokemon, and all supporters and ex's will have a full art version. I will try to update this thread with at least 2 cards a day, but no promises.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Hey, welcome to the most creative part of the 'beach! :D

Some interesting cards you've got here; I especially like that you're speculating on which Pokémon will be in S/M base and basing your setlist around that. The Alolan mechanic is really cool as well. I loved the Plasma mechanic, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. ;)

That said, a few things I'd like to point out:
  • A lot of things in card text are capitalized: Not only the start of a sentence, but also all words in an attack name ("Moongeist Beam"), "Active Pokémon", "Weakness" and "Resistance", all card types ("Basic Pokémon", "Supporter", "Stadium", "Pokémon Tool", "Energy"; though note that all Trainer cards are followed by the word "card", which is uncapitalized: "Supporter card", "Stadium card"), and so on.
  • Many text-based fakers also capitalize Energy symbols: "[W]", "[P]", etc.
  • Reminder text is always italicized: "(both yours and your opponent's)", "(before applying Weakness and Resistance)", etc.
Hope that all makes sense. Looking forward to your future cards! :)

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Thx for the help on formatting. I'll probably fix that tomorrow, right now I'm on mobile and as you can imagine, it would be hard to fix anything on a phone:p. Glad you like the set, I'll make sure not to make the Alolan mechanic boring!

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
There will be multiple evolved Pokemon in this set(duh) but for the pre-evolution's, I'll do all of those cards last, because they'll just be boring and normal cards. Also, expect a lot of cards based off of older cards.

Donphan-[F]-hp 100
Stage one-evolves from Phanpy

Ability-Tough Skin
This Pokemon takes 20 less damage from all attacks.

[F][F][C]-Heavy Impact-100

Weakness-[W] Resistance-[L] Retreat-[C][C][C]
Rare

Donphan BREAK-[F]-hp 150

[F]-Earthquake-90

Do 10 damage to each Benched Pokemon(yours and you opponents.)
Ultra rare

BREAK Coliseum
Stadium-Trainer
All Pokemon can evolve into BREAK Pokemon on their first turn in play.
Uncommon

Gyarados-[W]-hp 140
Stage one-evolves from Magikarp

[No cost]-Tail Revenge-40x
This attack does 40 damage for each Magikarp in your discard pile.

[W][W][C][C]-Massive Wave-90

Weakness-[L] Resistance[F] Retreat-[C][C]
Rare

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You may like to consider putting an "enter" space between the Basic/Stage line and the first attack, and the second attack and the Weakness/Resistance/Retreat line, for improved readability. =)

As for a few wording things; "benched" should be capitalised as "Benched", "Do" should be "This attack does" and their should be a "both" before "yours and your opponents". BREAK Coliseum is also worded a little funny - it sounds like you're saying that BREAK Pokemon evolve. :p Instead, you should word it something like the following [Ref: Forest of Giant Plants]:

"Each player’s Pokémon can evolve into BREAK Pokémon during his or her first turn or the turn he or she plays those Pokémon."​

You know, you said that pre-evolutions are fairly boring. I challenge that! I think your should try making your next pre-evolution interesting and creative, rather than boring. If you're stuck, take a look at the Pokemon's PokeDex entries for inspiration. ^.^

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Oh goodness, Tail Revenge. Haven't we had enough of that in 2010? :p

Looks good, though; I can imagine it would be balanced enough in this metagame (though Battle Compressor might be a bit of a concern in Expanded). The lack of Pokémon Rescue in this format (Buddy-Buddy Rescue and Super Rod being the best options, iirc) is probably enough balance to make a 120-for-free attack okay.

For some other wording stuff, beyond what bb pointed out, I'll throw in one for Donphan's Ability:

"Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20." [References: Hard Charm; Eviolite]

As far as the prevos go, I'd suggest not saving them for the end, because by that point it's very easy to get bored with the set already (speaking from experience); there's no point making yourself even more bored with effectless prevos. In addition to using their Pokédex entries for inspiration, you may also like to give them some form of synergy with their final evolutions.

The example that comes to mind is the synergy between Trubbish PLS and Garbodor DRX. Trubbish can search the deck for a Pokémon Tool card, which helps activate its evolution's Ability. It's not a competitively viable combo by any means, but there's some interesting synergy there.

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Okay then, I see prevos aren't wanted at just the end. Hiw about I do them on days I'm busy? That way, if I have lots of work due the next day, I'll just put in some prevos so I don't need to spend too much time thinking of ideas. I am a busy person after all:p

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Okay then, I see prevos aren't wanted at just the end. Hiw about I do them on days I'm busy? That way, if I have lots of work due the next day, I'll just put in some prevos so I don't need to spend too much time thinking of ideas. I am a busy person after all:p
It's totally fine to do them whenever you want; I'm just trying to make sure you don't get too bored with your own set. :p I'm close to the end of my second set now and I can tell you it's really hard to maintain interest the entire way through. :(

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
One thing I want to see in this set would be some more underrepresented stuff in the TCG, like stage 2's and some Pokemon that never get cards. Stage 2's, I'll accomplish with two cards. For the underrepresented, here are a few of them.

Rare Candy - Trainer - Item
Choose 1 of your Basic Pokemon in play. If you have a Stage 1 or Stage 2 card that evolves from that Pokemon in your hand, put that card on the Basic Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.)
Uncommon
If you didn't notice, this allows you to get a turn one evolution, as long as you have the evolved Pokemon in your hand, similar to to rare candy before BW ruined it.

Evolution Ball - Trainer - Item
Return one caard from your hand to your deck. Then, search your deck for an evolution card, reveal it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Uncommon

Arceus-GX-[C]-hp 190
Basic

[C][C]-ExtremeSpeed-80
If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn.

[C][C][C][C]-Creation Power-10x
This attack does 10 damage for each card in play(This includes Stadium cards, Tool cards and all Pokemon.)

[C][C][C][C][C]-Judgement GX
Discard 5 energy cards attached to this Pokemon. Then, put 10 damage counters on all of your opponent's Pokemon.(You can't use more than one GX attack per game.)
Weakness- [F] Resistance- none Retreat-[C][C]
Ultra Rare

Alolan-Ratticate-[D]-hp 110
Stage one- Evolves from Alolan-Rattata

[C]-Totem summon
Search your Deck for up to 3 Alolan-Rattata and put them on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[D][C]-Totem Command-30x
This attack does 30 damage for each Alolan-Rattata you have in play. Switch this Pokemon with one of your benched Alolan-Rattata.

Weakness-[F] Resistance-[P] Retreat-none
Rare

Last edited:

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a few new ones!
Alolan-Rattata-[D]-hp 30
Basic

Ability-Unseen
This Pokemon cannot be hurt by attacks dealing 30 or more damage.

Hide
Flip a coins. If heads, ignore all effects of attack, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness-[F] Resistance-[P] retreat-None
Common

Deoxys-[P]-HP 120(Note-this is the speed form)
Basic

Ability-SuperSpeed
If, at the start of the game, this card is in your active spot, you go first(If your opponent's active Pokemon has the SuperSpeed ability, this ability does nothing.)

[P]- Speed Draw
If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn. Draw 3 cards.

Weakness- [P] Resistance- None Retreat- None
Rare/Holo

Deoxys-[P]-hp 150(Note- this is defense form)
Basic

Ability-Pressure
This Pokemon takes 30 less damage from each of your opponent's active Pokemon's attacks(Before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

[P][P]- Heavy Slam-90

[P][P][C][C]-Psycho Shift
Switch all damage counters on this Pokemon with those on your opponent's active Pokemon.

Weakness-[P] Resistance-None Retreat-[C][C]
Rare/Holo

Deoxys-[P]-hp 90(Note- this is attack form)

[P]-Psychic Assault-50

[P][P][P][C]-Psycho Boost-300
Discard all energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness-[P] Resistance-None Retreat-[C]
Rare/Holo

Deoxys-[P]-hp 90(Note- this is normal form)

[P]-Psycho Cut- 40

[P][P]-Revenge Blast- 180
You can only use this attack if you have more prize cards than your opponent.

Weakness-[P] Resistance-None Retreat-[C]
Rare/Holo

That's it for now! Also, I got a ton of ideas, but I don't know what to name certain cards or what Pokemon to use, so feel free to suggest items from the games you want to see in the TCG or Pokemon you think need cards, or even some locations you think could make good stadiums!

Last edited:

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
If you need Pokemon, can I request a Honchkrow? :3

Deoxys Defense might be a bit OP. Psycho Shift could get setup really early with the right support, and then being able to move damage counters without any drawback is essentially a stronger Damage Change. Maybe make it require a coin flip?

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
If you need Pokemon, can I request a Honchkrow? :3
Got it, one Honchkrow comin' up!

Deoxys Defense might be a bit OP. Psycho Shift could get setup really early with the right support, and then being able to move damage counters without any drawback is essentially a stronger Damage Change. Maybe make it require a coin flip?
Yeah, you're right. I meant it to be a heavier damage change but with a slightly worse non-ex card, but I messed up the wording bad. My derp:p

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Here comes some new ones!
Honchkrow-[D]-hp 110
Stage one- Evolves from Murkrow

Ability-Unseen Road
All Pokemon cannot retreat.

[D][D][C]-Dark Wing-60
Switch this Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon.

Weakness-[L] Resistance-[F] retreat-[C][C]
Rare/Holo

Poke Bean- Trainer - Item
Remove all damage counters and status conditions from one of your Pokemon. Then, discard all energy attached to that Pokemon.
Uncommon

Alolan-Ninetales-EX-[W]-hp 170
Basic

Ability-Gentle
If your opponent attacks this Pokemon, flip a coin. If tails, that attack does no damage to this Pokemon. This ability does nothing if this Pokemon attacked during your turn.

[W]-Crystal Slash-30
The defending Pokemon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[W][W][C][-Subduing Ice-90
If you have 4 or more Alolan Pokemon in play, then all Pokemon have no abilities until the end of your next turn.

Weakness-[M] Resistance-none Retreat-[C]
Ultra Rare/FA
Again, feel free to leave card names!

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Prevo day! Got too much homework today so no time for too much creativity. Instead, some prevos.

Murkrow-[D]-30 50
Basic

[C]-Slash-10

[D][C]-Beat-20

Weakness-[L] Resistance-[F] Retreat-[C]
Common

Magikarp-[W]-hp 30
Basic

[W][W][W][W][W]-Destructive Splash
Discard as many cards from your deck as you like.

Weakness-[L] Resistance-none Retreat-[C]
Common

Phanpy-[F]-hp 80
Basic

[F]-Beat-10

[F][F][F]-Mini Quake-60

Weakness-[W] Resistance-[L] Retreat-[C][C]
Common

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Vs. Seeker - Trainer - Item
Put a supporter card from your discard pile into your hand.
Uncommon

Alolan Energy-Special Energy
This card provides [C] energy. If it is attached to an Alolan Pokemon, It provides all types of energy, but only energy one at a time.
Uncommon

Fixed spoiler tags. ~Jabber

Just a general question, what do you guys think about reprints? Yes or no? Should I do more or only a few?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Reprints aren't something I'd personally do a lot of as a text-based faker. For image-based it might be different, since you could use new blanks and art, but for text-based the only thing you could really do is update the wording and maybe alter the effect a little bit (a la Potion from healing 20 damage to healing 30) to keep up with power creep.

Alolan Energy is cool. It'd be interesting to see an archetype based around that. ;)

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Reprints aren't something I'd personally do a lot of as a text-based faker. For image-based it might be different, since you could use new blanks and art, but for text-based the only thing you could really do is update the wording and maybe alter the effect a little bit (a la Potion from healing 20 damage to healing 30) to keep up with power creep.
Got it, I'll keep reprints to only the important cards, cards that are out of format already, and those I'm changing. And I'll probably change a few cards, so I'll put a little note with cards that are changed inside their spoiler, so you know which ones to look at.
Champion Hall-Trainer-Stadium
This card stays in play when it is played. Discard this card if another stadium card comes into play. If a card with the same name as this one is in play, you cannot play this card.
All Pokemon in play have no weakness or resistance.
Uncommon

PlusPower- Trainer - Item
During this turn, your Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage to the Active Pokémon(before applying Weakness and Resistance).
Uncommon

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Lucario-EX-[M]-hp 180
Basic

[M]-Bullet Punch-50

[M][M]-Flash Cannon-60
The defending Pokemon cannot attack during your opponent's next turn.

[M][M][C]-Steel Uppercut-140

Weakness-[R] Resistance-[P] Retreat-[C]
UR/FA

Mega-Lucario-EX-[M]-hp 220
Mega- Evolves from Lucario-EX

[M][M]-Force Palm-100
The defending Pokemon is now paralyzed.

Weakness-[R] Resistance-[P] Retreat-none
UR/FA

Lucario Spirit Link - Trainer - Item
If the Pokemon this card is attached to becomes Mega-Lucario-EX, your turn does not end.
Uncommon

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry about no updates yesterday! WiFi was down all day so double updates!

Medicham-EX-[F]-hp 180
Basic

[F][F]-Drain Punch-50
Heal from this Pokemon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent's active Pokemon.

[F][F][F][F]-Focus Punch-150
If this Pokemon has any damage counters on it, this attack does nothing.

Weakness-[P] Resistance-none Retreat-[C]
UR/FA

Mega-Medicham-EX-[F]-hp 220
Mega-Evolves from Medicham-EX

[F][F][F]-High Jump Kick-200
Flip a coin. If tails, put 10 damage counters on this Pokemon, and this attack does nothing.

Weakness-[P] Resistance-none Retreat-[C]
UR/FA

Medicham Spirit Link - Trainer - Item
If the Pokemon this card is attached to becomes Mega-Medicham-EX, your turn does not end.
Uncommon

Solgaleo BREAK-[M]-hp 150
BREAK-Evolves from Solgaleo

[M][M][M][M][M]-All-Out-Slam-180
Do 50 damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon.
UR

Lunala Break-[P]-hp 150
BREAK-Evolves from Lunala

[P][P]-Dark Barrier
Ignore all damage done to this Pokemon that is greater than 70 during your opponent's next turn.
UR

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think you may need to fix up the wording on M Medicham-EX, since the number next to the attack name is saying "do 300 damage" and the effect is saying "do 300 [more] damage" if heads. Instead, better wording could be:

Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing and put 10 damage counters on this Pokemon.
Also, your power levels are creeping up a bit. M Medicham-EX would probably be top tier, as a 50% chance to KO basically any Pokemon is pretty good. I'd suggesting dropping the damage output to 200 or 190. Focus Punch is also pretty insane considering many ways of removing damage counters exist, although it's definitely a neat idea. I would suggest dropping the damage output to 150 or 160.

I quite like how in both Lunala and Lunala BREAK, there is some neat defensive ideas playing around with the effects, so that's cool to see.