Blaziken?

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
Blaziken is a great card. It would combo really well with Emboar, Typhlosion Prime and Entei/ Volcarona, is able to 1-shot any non-EX Basic, and can just be a real troll. It's a Stage 2 of course, which makes it a little harder to play, but it can be Rare Candied. So, do you think Blaziken is a viable card in this format or post rotation?

17-blaziken.jpg

I added it for you. In the future, though, remember to post scans/translations for cards that are not yet established in the metagame. Thanks! ~Nigel

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but being a Stage 2 (and requiring multiple other Stage 2's to setup) really hurts it, considering the current speed of the format.

If you want something to pair with Emboar or Typhlosion, you're better off picking up Reshiram or Reshiram EX. But then, Blaziken may have a chance in the next format.

As people have said, Stage 2s generally can't be played in this format. If you need to play the card, play it with Entei EX so you don't have two stage 2s in your deck.

And if you want to pair it up with Entei EX, you can always use EXP Share plus Grand Flame to attach two energies together in one turn.

This is my list for Blaziken:

Pokemon:
3-1-2 Blaziken (DE)
2-2 Volcarona (DE)
2 Entei EX (DE)

T/S/S:
4 PONT
4 N
3 Juniper

4 Dual Ball
4 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy
3 Heavy Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Exp. Share
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Switch

Energy:
12 Fire Energies

He has a lot of viability in the right deck, DON'T play him with two Stage 2's, this format can't support it, it's too fast.

^ This format can't even support a single stage 2 except Vileplume, especially when paired with a stage 1. Empoleon only barely works because it's paired with a basic and it has build in energy acceleration.

Stage 2's are too slow... That's why you use Mew Prime for speed on that....

I can see this working post rotation thought your opponent must have horrible flips for it to actually succeed.

But the problem is, Mew Prime has a low HP. Using it to set-up Blaziken on the first turn is like giving your foe a free prize. One tech idea you can include in the deck is Mew EX. It has 120HP and can't be KOed easily save for Mewtwo.

^Built in acceleration? Empoleon/Terrakion relies on Exp. Share, which I have in my list.:p It can support Stage 2's other than Plume. Magnezone Prime, Tyranitar Prime, and Blaziken can all still be played (I play Blaziken and T-Tar, both are actually solid decks with a lot of power behind them.) There's also Typhlosion Prime, Ampharos Prime (my sister went 3-2 at BR with AmpharosEels), Emboar, both Chandalure's are still viable, may not be Tier 1, but they're still quick.

Whoops, I meant draw power, not energy acceleration. And Magnezone, Tyranitar and Blaziken are all horrible. They are not solid decks. Magnezone is at least slightly tier 3, Ttar and Blaziken are unplayable. Ampharos and Emboar are also very bad, with Typhlosion and Chandelure also only being tier 3.

You are wrong sir. T-Tar/Bisharp/Darkrai is incredibly fast and consistent. You can donk Zekeels (I just did it at league) with Larvitar, and with the damage spread, after two Darkness Howl's Zekroms can be OHKO'd by Bisharp with a Sp Dark and Dark Claw or Darkrai. I won the prize trade of a Eviolited Tornadus EX with Power Claw, Sp. Dark and a Dark Claw. Granite Bisharp almost cost me the game with his low HP, but after realizing that after the first one, I backed-up T-Tar with Darkrai EX. If it wasn't for me catchering a Mewtwo instead of his Zekrom EX, I would've won. And think about Ampharos for a second, Conductivity puts 10 damage on the opponent when they attach energy from hand, which helps Zekrom A LOT. Plus his attack isn't all that bad either if you get tails, it gets rid of an energy, which can be useful in some cases. Chandalure (fire) can replace Blaziken in my list mentioned earlier.

It hasn't even won a Battle Road. If a deck can't even win a Battle Road, it's not playable. Even Lugia won a BR.

Typhlosion and Emboar are both Stage 2s. :/ Pairing them up with Blaziken only makes the deck more worse and inconsistent.

I understand that Blaziken and Emboar/ Typhlosion are both Stage 2s, making them harder to play. But when you play it with Typhlosion or Emboar, you can be Flamethrowering by T2. Run 4 Rare Candy and Pokémon search tools and hand refresh, and you can very possibly get both out by the second turn. Also, (please excuse my noobishness) how exactly do you use it with Entei and Volcarona? I know it's supposed to work, but do you Blaze Kick for burn and use Entei's Grand Flame or something to charge up Blaziken so it can Flamethrower turn after turn? Anyway, I plan to build a Blaziken/ Emboar deck to see how well it works.

It has some serious potential next format where things will be much slower and Catchers will be limited to 4 uses without Junk Arm, meaning basics that evolve are a little bit safer on the bench. Also, Emboar will be better because of that too. Right now, though, I can't see it having too much success. OHKOing Non-EX basics may sound great, but honestly this format is ruled by EX's, and 2HKOing them with 130 a turn is overkill and requires more setup than is necessary. This card, had it come earlier, would have been great against The Truth and Gothitelle, but it's just not in quite the right format.

Even next format it wont be good. I'd rather do 90+ on a basic with a ton more support than 130 on a stage 2 with very little support.

It's not a Tier 1 deck, not ment to be played at a Nat or State, but still a quick and fun deck to play. You could probably hit top cut at BR if you get Decent setups.

Back