• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BlazeBoar (BW-On) HELP PLEASE!

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
Pokémon (17):
Blaziken DE 4-2-3
Abilityboar 3-1-2 (Promo Tepig, Pignite #18)
Zekrom ND x2

I/S/S (33):
Energy Retreival BW x4
Ultra Ball DE x3
Level Ball ND x3
Pokémon Communications BW x4
Exp. Share ND x2
Pokémon Catcher EP x2
Switch BW x2
Rare Candy DE x4
Cilan x2
Professor Juniper DE x3
N DE x4

Energy (10):
{R} x10

Strategy:
Set up Blaziken and Emboar as quick as possible to use Flamethrower. Use Exp. Share to stream Blazikens so less Energy is discarded when a Blaziken is Knocked Out. Use Cilan to get Energies and quickly charge a Blaziken. Zekrom Outrages against Empoleon and Tornadus EX.

Since you're using some energy acceleration, I think running 12 {R} Energy might be a good choice. You can afford to get rid of 1 Candy and 1 Communication, IMO. Your ball Engine already offers plenty of consistency. A mere 7 Draw Supporters is also a really low number, but I honestly am not sure what to get rid of to make room for more...

I think the 4-2-3 line could benefit to drop a torchic and add another zekrom. Zekrom is a solid idea as a counter to Empoleon.
Nice deck idea.

Zekrom is good if you have a way to put damage on it yourself (Donphan prime for example) I doubt your opponent will mindlessly attack Zekrom with Empoleon. Most Empoleon decks tend to already play a lightning counter in the form of either Donphan prime or Terrakion. You would be much better off replacing Zekrom with something like Tornadus EX. It doesn't directly counter Empoleon, but it can at least fight against it without worry of weakness. Plus Tornadus resists Terrakion and Donphan.

Tornadus Ex isn't a bad idea. I was thinking my Supporters were a bit low, but the list is really tight. :/

9Tailz said:
Pokémon (17):
Blaziken DE 4-2-3
Abilityboar 3-1-2 (Promo Tepig, Pignite #18)
Zekrom ND x2

I/S/S (33):
Energy Retreival BW x4
Ultra Ball DE x3
Level Ball ND x3
Pokémon Communications BW x4
Exp. Share ND x2
Pokémon Catcher EP x2
Switch BW x2
Rare Candy DE x4
Cilan x2
Professor Juniper DE x3
N DE x4

Energy (10):
{R} x10

Strategy:
Set up Blaziken and Emboar as quick as possible to use Flamethrower. Use Exp. Share to stream Blazikens so less Energy is discarded when a Blaziken is Knocked Out. Use Cilan to get Energies and quickly charge a Blaziken. Zekrom Outrages against Empoleon and Tornadus EX.
I do know about how Zekrom is used to counter water types and tornadus, but would it be better to run 2 Entei EX (DXE) instead? Just a consideration.

Back