• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastzel (HGSS-On) [Blastoise, Floatzel] Mods, Please close!

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I'm hoping to get some feedback on this deck I plan to use for BRs next month.

Pokemon: 21

4 Squirtle (UL)
2 Wartortle (UL)
4 Blastoise (UL)
3 Buizel (UL)
3 Floatzel (UL)
3 Cleffa (CoL)
1 Zorua (BW)
1 Zoroark (BW)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums/Item: 25

2 Rare Candy (UL)
4 Pokemon Collector (HGSS)
4 Pokemon Communication (BW)
3 Pokemon Catcher (EP)
3 Junk Arm
3 Professor Juniper (BW)
2 Professor Elm's Training Method (CoL)
2 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS)
2 Interviewer's Questions

Energy: 14

10 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Updates
-2 Copycat
-3 Switch
-2 Rare Candy

+2 Interviewer's Questions
+3 Junk Arm
+1 Zorua
+1 Zoroark

Strategy
The main strategy is to set up Blastoise with at least one Floatzel on the bench, and start knocking out their bench/active with hydro launcher (100 damage) before they set anything up. The Cleffas are there to refresh my hand and to try to stall without getting knocked out. The catchers are there to bring out any typhlosion, emboar, or reshiram in the opponent's bench for double damage.

All feedback is welcome!

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Blastzel (HGSS-On) [Blastoise, Floatzel]

Drop the copycats for IQs. You need those to get the DCE out quick. Take out the three switch for three junk arm. Switch aren't needed in this deck. And junk arm can get candies and catcher back. Good luck.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

Sounds good! I tested this last weekend and the copycats seemed kinda useless at times. Anyone have any thoughts about this taking on a gothitelle deck?

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.

Puckstopper20 said:
Sounds good! I tested this last weekend and the copycats seemed kinda useless at times. Anyone have any thoughts about this taking on a gothitelle deck?

Kill Reuniclus. That's about it.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

Captoats said:
Kill Reuniclus. That's about it.

Yeah I think you're right.. I attacked the Gothitelle and he did the Reuniclus ability, then max potioned. That allowed him to attached another psychic energy to Gothitelle for 20 more damage and ended up knocking out one of my Blastoise..

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer

Puckstopper20 said:
Yeah I think you're right.. I attacked the Gothitelle and he did the Reuniclus ability, then max potioned. That allowed him to attached another psychic energy to Gothitelle for 20 more damage and ended up knocking out one of my Blastoise..

the whole purpose of blastoise is to one shot techs asap. You should get a prize every turn once you get it going.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

How about throwing in a Jirachi (CoL) and Rainbow energy to devolve benched pokemon higher than 100HP?

Stuart Hayden

Born Champion.

3 Cleffa's seem kinda over-kill. That's the only thing I really see that would need adjusting.
I don't like Juniper but that's personal preference.

Also, you need some kind of tech. ZPS Donk will eat this deck alive.

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer

Jirachi i don't think would be worth it in this deck. and idk if there is a good zekrom counter for decks like this. Maybe consider Gliscor or Marowak to counter zekrom. Also consider putting in 2-3 pluspower to one shot an active tornadus. Good luck

Brendan

Hi there

Lucario would be an interesting tech. Would be able to do 60 first turn to anything lightning and then 120 each turn after that to lighting. Half of each of those numbers for non lightning Pokemon. http://pokebeach.com/scans/unleashed/19-lucario.jpg

Pros:
Wouldn't need any special energy/extra energy
Takes one energy
One retreat cost
Could be fairly good against Lightning

Cons:
90 HP
Slow against anything not lightning

Next point

Manaphy > Cleffa

Manaphy is harder to ko, has just as much draw help, can attack if needed and free retreat.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

Stuart Hayden said:
3 Cleffa's seem kinda over-kill. That's the only thing I really see that would need adjusting.
I don't like Juniper but that's personal preference.

Also, you need some kind of tech. ZPS Donk will eat this deck alive.

I think I'm to have to agree about the Cleffas.. I keep drawing them later in the game and they're pretty much useless by then. At the same time, I wouldn't want my 1 or 2 to get prized by any chance.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Jirachi i don't think would be worth it in this deck. and idk if there is a good zekrom counter for decks like this. Maybe consider Gliscor or Marowak to counter zekrom. Also consider putting in 2-3 pluspower to one shot an active tornadus. Good luck

I'd probably have to 2 shot a Zekrom on the bench before it gets a chance to come out. I'll look into your suggestions for counters.

Brendan said:
Lucario would be an interesting tech. Would be able to do 60 first turn to anything lightning and then 120 each turn after that to lighting. Half of each of those numbers for non lightning Pokemon. http://pokebeach.com/scans/unleashed/19-lucario.jpg

Pros:
Wouldn't need any special energy/extra energy
Takes one energy
One retreat cost
Could be fairly good against Lightning

Cons:
90 HP
Slow against anything not lightning

Next point

Manaphy > Cleffa

Manaphy is harder to ko, has just as much draw help, can attack if needed and free retreat.

Brendan, this seems like a good tech to throw in, but probably not the best if the Zekrom is ready to go.. I'd probably get knocked out the next turn if anything. Lucario may be a good tech as I've seen some Gothitelle decks carry a Zekrom or two.
I'll look into a Manaphy as well.

Thanks for everyone's input! Keep it coming!

Brendan

Hi there

I'd say Zoroark is the best tech out there then. Also I'd say you don't need 4x Rare Candy, especially if you are running Junk Arm. With 4-2-4 You will probably regularly bring up at least one Blastoise a game.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

Why do you have catcher? All blastiose does is snipe.

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer

pokemonjoe said:

He can use catcher to bring up any high retreat or if they have a sleeping baby, put it back on their bench.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

Sleeping Snorlax said:
He can use catcher to bring up any high retreat or if they have a sleeping baby, put it back on their bench.
ohhhh, that makes sense
So, snipe their bench and stall their active?

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer

pokemonjoe said:
ohhhh, that makes sense
So, snipe their bench and stall their active?

Yea. That's how I would play it. Kinda like what they used to do with Claydol and luxray G lvl X. You bring up a tech then snipe around.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

Sleeping Snorlax said:
Yea. That's how I would play it. Kinda like what they used to do with Claydol and luxray G lvl X. You bring up a tech then snipe around.
I never thought of that. *facepalm*. Ill have to tell my friend who runs blastzel.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

Brendan said:
I'd say Zoroark is the best tech out there then. Also I'd say you don't need 4x Rare Candy, especially if you are running Junk Arm. With 4-2-4 You will probably regularly bring up at least one Blastoise a game.

That's a good point. I didn't think of it that way after adding the junk arms.. and as far as Zoroark goes, I'd have to agree. If they whoop out a Reshiram or Zekrom I can +power and foul play.

pokemonjoe said:

The catcher's purpose is described in my strategy, and Sleeping Snorlax pretty much explained another reason.
And no, don't tell your friend. Haha.

Stuart Hayden

Born Champion.

Yeah. Zoroark is easily one of the best tech cards in the game right now. I can't tell you how many times that card has saved me.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

Stuart Hayden said:
Yeah. Zoroark is easily one of the best tech cards in the game right now. I can't tell you how many times that card has saved me.

Do you think I should include a special dark energy?