• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Blastoise Stock And Shock

KaraKuehn

Aspiring Trainer
Hey!

I don't really know too much about the game anymore. I am a veteran collector, NOT a player. I have cards dating from 1998 - 2001. Including both a holographic Japanese and not holographic not Japanese (both) dark Charizard (I will hold on to those for the rest of my life God willing xD Loved me some Team Rocket decks.)

I have many many many fond memories of playing Pokemon on the Gameboy by lamplight late at night, and I've recently come back to the game and ACTUALLY learned how to play the card game via PTCGO. I'm hooked.

I recently bought Torrential Cannon, and love the theme of the deck but would love to put my own spin on it to make it custom. My question is; are there some GX cards that aren't tournament legal? And if so how do I know which are and which aren't? I really want a GX Blastoise, since I'm making my deck around that pokemon.

But also, if I haven't sold it (sold a lot of cards recently, can't remember what I did) I want to know if you can use old cards in Expanded category or standard or are they only legacy? I'm asking because I used to or still do have a surfing Pikachu. I would love to Add that plus other Pikachu cards and S&M Raichu's to my deck.

Thank you for reading this novel. Any help is much appreciated.

Kara

Pokefam

300 something/400
Blastoise Gx is coming out in the next English set Unbroken bonds!

Expanded sets are black and white to the current set.

Standard is Sun and Moon to the current set and changes every year in august (E.G. last season's format was breakthrough-On)

Even though legacy is on ptcgo there are no actual tournaments:(

When looking for real or unreal gxs look at the bottom for a set number or look it up on line on bulbapedia or pokecollector!

Limitlesstcg and pokestats, are great websites to find competitive decks!

KaraKuehn

Aspiring Trainer
Sounds like I like expanded more. Thank you for explaining what it was. I knew it was inclusive of more pokemon, just didn't know WHAT. lol. Thank you.

I heard of unbroken bonds. I didn't know there was a GX Blastoise coming. I knew there was a tag team Charizard, and a High HP Persian. Buying the set regardless, because I need more GX's. So ultra Prism is Sun and moon right? My Girlfriend has a deck from Alolan and ultra prism. I just want to make sure she can still use it. I know Alolan is B&W or either S&M I remember my step brothers talking about it when the newer game came out. Just can't remember which one. I know Torrential Cannon is Tag Team S&M. So I know I'm good there for a while to use this deck.