Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Keldeo EX FTW

Back in my day there were only 151 pokemon...
Yo bros, do you think I should remove an N or an Energy for a super rod? I'm already running 4 blastoise just so you know...

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Keldeo EX FTW said:
Yo bros, do you think I should remove an N or an Energy for a super rod? I'm already running 4 blastoise just so you know...

Most definitely not. You should have as many N's in your deck as you can. It's such a good draw card early in the game, and that's where Blastoise really needs to draw a lot of cards. Bianca and Colress just can't get the job done as well as N.

ESVDiamond

Aspiring Trainer
Got a quick question, I am playing an exact copy of the basic list in the OP (I play only online) and am not having the best of luck with the deck, hovering just under 50% winrate all the time. I do know I misplay some stuff and some of the losses are just me messing up. I am curious however if there is maybe some things that should be added to the basic list that maybe I am missing? Or is it just about learning to play the deck itself better?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Some extra detail, realized I was very vauge.

The deck I see the most and also am having the most trouble with is the Darkrai EX/Garbador/Sableye deck. The non stop rain of laser's that poison for 30 a turn is a bit much. I have been thinking of in particular adding Float Stones, as I find myself spending tons of energy per game on retreating. Is there a way to deal with this deck I am missing?

Pokewiz1999

Aspiring Trainer
ESVDiamond said:
Got a quick question, I am playing an exact copy of the basic list in the OP (I play only online) and am not having the best of luck with the deck, hovering just under 50% winrate all the time. I do know I misplay some stuff and some of the losses are just me messing up. I am curious however if there is maybe some things that should be added to the basic list that maybe I am missing? Or is it just about learning to play the deck itself better?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Some extra detail, realized I was very vauge.

The deck I see the most and also am having the most trouble with is the Darkrai EX/Garbador/Sableye deck. The non stop rain of laser's that poison for 30 a turn is a bit much. I have been thinking of in particular adding Float Stones, as I find myself spending tons of energy per game on retreating. Is there a way to deal with this deck I am missing?

Ok um... If you don't run scrapper you pretty much auto lose to Garbodor...

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Keldeo EX FTW said:
Okay, I do agree with the whole N thing, but what about super rod?

Oh, okay. I misunderstood the question. I thought it was "N for either Energy or Super Rod," not "N or Energy for a Super Rod." My bad. I personally think the deck is better off without Super Rod. You'd rather be drawing a lot of Energy than your Super Rod, and if you play right and don't go crazy with Ultra Ball, you shouldn't have to use Super Rod for anything, other than maybe Energy, which is stupid when you can just use one of the Energy Retrievals for the same thing. I play 3 Blastoise and I barely ever run out of them, so you should have no problem with running out of them, since you have 4 of them.

Keldeo EX FTW

Thanks man! BTW, how do you put the quote boxes in messages and put in pictures? Also, do you suggest me removing something for a fourth N? If so, what? (Please see my decklist on the previous page or the page before that...)

Oh, and should I include any tool scrapper in the chance of Garbodor, or just use catcher followed by an attack to KO them?

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Keldeo EX FTW said:
Thanks man! BTW, how do you put the quote boxes in messages and put in pictures? Also, do you suggest me removing something for a fourth N? If so, what? (Please see my decklist on the previous page or the page before that...)

Oh, and should I include any tool scrapper in the chance of Garbodor, or just use catcher followed by an attack to KO them?

For quote boxes, just click either "quote this post" or "Reply" in the bottom left of any post. For images, copy the URL of the image you want, then use this code, and the image will appear in your post. Like so.

Code:
[img]http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/uploads/avatars/avatar_74252.jpg?dateline=1378871436[/img]

I would probably take out a Cilan for another N. Cilan is a lot more situational, and doesn't help you get a Blastoise out at all. For Tool Scrapper, you really have to play a lot of them to make the Garbodor match up favorable. Probably 2+Dowsing just to make it even. If you're really worried about Garbodor, I guess take out a Ultra Ball and an Energy, probably Lightning. If you just want the 1, I'd take out the Ultra Ball.

Keldeo EX FTW

Okay, that makes things a little more clear. Thank you! I think I'll just use 1 as a tech, but I'm not sure yet. I removed a water energy for an N, but I prefer having 14 energy, so I'll have to think about this thing later... Thank you for the tips though!

Fatality

Aspiring Trainer
I actually love a 1 Cilan in this deck. The one Cilan I have used has won me games especially cause I can search for the one lighting energy to set up a black ballista. I wish I had a 4th Tropical Beach, but I guess three will do lol

Keldeo EX FTW

I think Tropical Beach is a great card, but I don't like the fact that it ends your turn and that your opponent can also use the card's effect to get out of a tricky situation. I simply prefer using a supporter instead as to cover Tropical Beach's weaknesses.

masterforce

Aspiring Trainer
Keldeo EX FTW said:
I think Tropical Beach is a great card, but I don't like the fact that it ends your turn and that your opponent can also use the card's effect to get out of a tricky situation. I simply prefer using a supporter instead as to cover Tropical Beach's weaknesses.

I understand that but the reason Beach is a good card is because this. Lets say you you start with 5 cards. You use what you can down to 2 cards then you N or Juniper. That puts you at around 13-14 cards you can see or used in about 1 turn. This helps you get that rare candy or ball to get T2 Blastoise. Also, it is unlikely that they will use it because most decks attack T1. Now, if they happen to use Beach, thats actually an advantage you have because now you know they are trouble attacking.

Keldeo EX FTW

You do have a point there, but my decklist is already crammed as it is. I have been testing my deck for quite a while at my league and it has been setting up quickly and getting energy efficiently without the use of tropical beach. Heck, I even beat my league's professor! However, I'm trying to decipher whether or not I should at least run a stadium card somewhere in my list simply to combat any frozen city. It hasn't really come up that often although I haven't played Plasma decks as much as I wish to. I don't really know if I should tech one in, but I'm sure to get some good practice next Sunday at my league since there will be an unofficial tournament (I think it's a League Challenge) and I hope to get good practice while discovering anything else I should prepare for the deck. (Sorry about the screw-up Blah, I'm still kind of wondering off of the rules of posting unintentionally once in a while)

In hopes of qualifying for Worlds,

Keldeo EX FTW