• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Blastoise GX/ Baby Blastoise

Namathieu

Aspiring Trainer
So I was searching the web for some good water deck and I found that Blastoise GX and Baby Blastoise was good Matchup.
So I decided to see how people was building this deck and I tried to make one of my own.
Mostly the main cards that everybody is using are there because they are pretty much important for the deck, but I made some changes about the number of Pokemon that I use and I use less energy than the usual.
So I was hoping too see if you could give me some tips or maybe see if something's missing in my deck! ^^

* 2 Blitzle TEU 44
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 4 Squirtle TEU 22
* 1 Volcanion {*} FLI 31
* 1 Wartortle TEU 24
* 3 Blastoise TEU 25
* 3 Blastoise-GX UNB 35

* 2 Power Plant UNB 183
* 2 Switch BLW 104
* 4 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Crasher Wake FLI 104
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 3 Professor Elm’s Lecture LOT 188

* 15 Water Energy XYEnergy 9

Yes not a bad idea, I might switch one of my Blastoise GX and one of my Brock's Grit to twoArticuno GX

I love this deck - I run a very similar version- couple key differences:

I dont use Blitzle/Zebstrika, I use 2 Tapu Fini instead....comes in clutch against ultra beasts

Only use two blastoise GX

I want to say 18 water (makes the squall more productive), and 2 Bill's Analysis. I dont use Elm's lecture...but everything else is about the same.

I'm not saying that my version is better, but it works very well! Another pokemon I like in this deck is Mantine, who has free retreat with a water attached.

Good luck!

I'd like to build a Blastoise too, but I have a problem with Giratina: it's hard to get a baby Blastoise, and it's ohkoed by Giratina after recoil. Moreover, the Gx is easily koed by two Giratina and one Spell Tag. Do you experience the same issue?

Back