• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Blastgatr

i_guess_i_will_try

Aspiring Trainer
I'm working on my Blastgatr list that I may eventually take to a tournament but for now just to league. For those who may not know. The strategy of this deck is to set up a Blastoise and a Feraligatr prime and use the combo of Rain Dance and Hydro Launcher to do 100 snipe every turn. Recover with rescue energy and Fisherman (if needed).
My list is:
Pokemon: 25
4-3-3/1 Blastoise (UL-UL-UL/PL)
2-2-2 Feraligatr Prime (HS-HS-HS)
1-1 Bronzong (TM-SF)
4 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie LA
T/S/S: 21
4 Bebe's Search RR
3 BTS PL
2 Fisherman HS
2 Interviewer's Questions UL
1 Luxury Ball SF
3 Pokemon Collector HS
2 PONT HS
3 Rare Candy UL
2 Twins TM
Energy: 14
4 Call Energy
10 Water Energy

Criticism appreciated!

Considering most of your Pokemon have 2 retreat and you plan to use Twins after Spiritomb(dies), I would take out the Unown Q and add a water energy. You are going to need at least 12, maybe more. Dawn Stadium only truly works with Leafeon RR and Leafeon X. Another Fisherman might help.

(smirks)Hope I helped.

-2 twins

+ 2 water energy

Twins is just unnecesary in blastigatr. Since your sniping you need at least 12 water energy since 2 water to discard for a prize (Give or take)

you acctually don't discard it you return them to your hand. Thats what make the combo work so well because you can lay them back down the next turn.

I see your point on the dawn stadium but with unown q i don't. sometimes if you get a fast set up you dont have to kill spiritomb and you will have the blastoise and feraligatr on your bench. If spiritomb is stuck active then it really sucks so that is my logic. i may take out the dawn stadium though and thanks for the suggestions. Not sure if I will add an extra energy or fisherman.

One thing that I used when I ran something similar to the was HS Delibird for draw power, just get out delibird, rain dance water energy anywhere than use snowy present to draw 5-6 cards a turn. Just something to think about

After testing on tco.com I have been working on my list and now it is updated to what I have come up with so far. Any farther ideas on how to improve it are appreciated!

Replace Bronzong from Triumphant with this one to help you get your energies. And if you're running Interviewer's Questions with only 14 energy, you're going to need more than 10 water. Trust me.

Sorry for the confusion in my list but the brozong is SF the bronzor is TM. Updated to be more clear. also energy wise I agree however waht to take out? I would like to try and maybe fit 1 or 2 in? energy is rarely a problem but it would be nice to have a little more just in case. int qs still retrieves average 1.6 energy per and 1.16 water per.

Back