Blargh's Battle Road

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
So...
Today i went to one of the largest BRs there is, Santa Clara, California. The crowd was big- 28 for seniors- but i had what i felt like was a nice list.
1 Zekrom EX
2 Terrakion NV
2 Mewtwo EX
4 Tynamo Thunder Wave
4 Eelektrik
1 Emolga
6 {L}
4 {F}
3 {C}{C}
1 Skyarrow
4 N
4 Juniper
2 Bianca
4 Random Receiver
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Energy Search
1 Super Rod
3 Switch
3 Catcher
2 PlusPower
If there are any holes fill them in yourself.

Yup, I ran Zekterra. I haven't seen many people using it, but i still think it's viable, what with all the Darkrai/Hydreigon running around. I was proved to be mostly right in my last game. On to the report.
5 Rounds
28 players

R1 vs Hydreigon/Darkrai
Well, I said I had a good match, but when you draw nothing, it really can't be helped. This is exactly what happened.
0-1

R2 vs RayEel
I start Mewtwo and take three prizes before he KOs with good old Rayquaza. I can't Terrakion his Raikou from no catcher (and ultimately fail to do so,) but win easily enough.
1-1

R3 vs New to Game (from my hometown)
We chat a bit about the middle schools we go to and i beat him easily. I don't think he attacked once.
2-1

R4 vs Stuff
I T2 the lone Mew EX.
3-1

R5 vs Hydreigon
This game was AWESOME. We go back and forth a bit and i use my first Terrakion to ko his Darkrai so that i have one prize left. He N's me, and i draw Energy Search. He has Darkrai Eviolited and if i do not act now i will be done, as he will ko my Terrakion and my Eelektrik next turn. Fortunately I topdeck Scrapper for GG.
4-1

And so i got... 5th. Oh well. I think i did pretty good though.

Props
Food
Jelly Beans
4-1
Had a good time

Slops
Meaty and Decmaster are still bad. i think they both went 1-4 drop.

Nice, to bad about that 1st round but 5th at that big of a BR is really good. To bad about Meaty and Decmaster, they're both really nice.

5th, that's too bad. Stupid resistance. That's what happens with round one losses... :/ nothing you could do though.

Good job Blargh! List is legit. Hope you keep up the good work and do better in Regionals. Im sure you saw me play yesterday - three of my games drew a large crowd. Let's see if you can guess who I am. I played a unique deck.

RobertBenjamin said:
Good job Blargh! List is legit. Hope you keep up the good work and do better in Regionals. Im sure you saw me play yesterday - three of my games drew a large crowd. Let's see if you can guess who I am. I played a unique deck.

I wish i could tell you that i pay attention to this sort of thing, but i don't. How'd you finish and what deck were you using?

blargh257 said:
Meaty and Decmaster are still bad. i think they both went 1-4 drop.

First, it was 1-3 drop....

Second, this is in masters. I'd be surprised if you could do well in that division. I'm also pretty sure you've only beaten me once before, and it was a close game when you had a very favorable matchup....

Don't mean to be sour, but you called me bad. >.< Decmaster's bad though, I'll give you that. :p

Gistica said:
I like Decmaster :(

I'm obviously kidding. He's actually a rather decent player, and he's one of my very good friends, one of the first friends I made through pokemon.

My account lives!

Meaty said:
Second, this is in masters. I'd be surprised if you could do well in that division.

This. Also, this was my first tournament in the masters division, so don't blame me if I did poorly because I had no idea how the competition would be.
Every even match I played, I did fine. I played my first game against a respectable master who played a good deck, and won in the end after a very exciting match. The three losses were due to extreme dumb luck (four turns of dead draw with Diving Draw, come on!) or lack of planning against bad match ups that I didn't know existed due to an absence from the game.

But yeah, I totally bombed out. :p I'll do better next time, I swear. My tournament luck is just crap.

I played Garchomp/Stunfisk/Mewtwo. I raced to 3-0. Then I proceeded to lose the next 3. I lost two close matches but 2 of those 3 losses were my fault because I did misplays. Just amateur mistakes that Meaty won't do. I should have let Meaty play my deck.

RobertBenjamin said:
I played Garchomp/Stunfisk/Mewtwo. I raced to 3-0. Then I proceeded to lose the next 3. I lost two close matches but 2 of those 3 losses were my fault because I did misplays. Just amateur mistakes that Meaty won't do. I should have let Meaty play my deck.

Haha now I'm flattered. Really, I do make a reasonable amount of misplays myself, or at least I used to. I've gotten better about them, but luck always finds a way to get me. That sounds like a really interesting deck though, glad to hear it at least started off well. Your experience sounds like my run at Concord. I started 2-0, barely lost round to what was mostly luck, lost round 4, won round 5, and lost 6 to a mixture of a big misplay and my opponent's luck. They flipped heads on SSU at least twice. Might have been three times.

^what did you play Meaty. (if you don't mind my asking)

Meaty said:
Second, this is in masters. I'd be surprised if you could do well in that division. I'm also pretty sure you've only beaten me once before, and it was a close game when you had a very favorable matchup....

I'm aware of that. i have ALWAYS played like a junior. I've had some bad years, but next year will be my worst yet.

Back