• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Black Eyes (Krookodile, Hypno)

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon-16

3 Krookodile EP
1 Krokorok BW
3 Sandile BW
2 Hypno HS
2 Drowzee HS
1 Smoochum HS

Items/supporters/stadiums-35

4 Crushing Hammer
3 Rare candy
3 Lost Remover
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Juniper
2 PONT
3 Sage's Training
3 Switch
3 Junk Arm
2 Super Rod
1 Pokemon Communication
3 Catcher
2 Level Ball

Energies-12
12 Fighting

I came up with this deck when I was looking at my Power Play theme deck. It's core, Krookodile held a fun ability called Black Eyes that is only activated when it is active and when it is, it let's you flip a coin and if heads, let's you discard the foe's active's energy. As I was thinking of maximizing the ability's use, I immediately thought of Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover. I put in those two cards and maxed out Crushing Hammer and Lost Remover to 3. When this deck is facing against decks that use big basics, logic says that the majority of them will be using special energies such as DCE and Prism energy. That is where Lost Remover comes in, this will be the one responsible to kill off all of their energy. As for Crushing Hammer, I only use it alongside Krookodile EP to maximize it's ability but can also be used to discard and disrupt the set-up of your foe. Now, onto Krookodile, I also added in rare candy for obvious reasons plus a 2-2 line of Hypno and Houndoom. Hypno is there just to stall the active of your opponent. Making them asleep is one of the best things that can happen to you in case the luck of the coin flips aren't in your favour and it gives you another turn to let your Krookodile survive. Houndoom is here to also cause conditions but this time also damage. This guy is at it's best when Hypno is used first to make it asleep because then when you hit heads, their Pokemon is burned and if you are even more lucky, they keep hitting tails when trying to wake it up.

Now for the set-up, you can start with what ever is available but it is always recommended to open with Collector and possibly some Communication to shuffle away unecessary Pokemon if there is any and bring out the ones that are needed.
Then you use your draw to get your Rare Candy, Krookodile, Hypno and Houndoom and evolve it as soon as possible.

Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Jirachi

Smile!
RE: Black Eyes

Ampharos may be a fun combo with krookodile because they have to keep on putting on energies, though it will just be catcher bait and will take a lot of space. Catcher is also very important in this deck so you could add some. I wouldn't use houndoom or hypno really since they don't really have any real synergy with krookodile. I'd say add some more attackers.

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer

Oops, forgot about Catcher. ^_^" Also, what kind of attackers should I use?

Maybe Mewtwo EX?

List is updated!

rileysill32

Aspiring Trainer

how consistently do you get the 1-1 line of houndoom?

i don't see you getting this out very often, if you do very lucky.

Mora

Don't Panic

You should use the croc to attack cause he has to be active for the effect to work. Have considered Switch? If you could switch between them, you could use Black Eyes twice, I believe. And if you were to use Ampharos, I'd take out the Houndoom and Hypno. (What did the Houndoom do again?)

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Please add the names of the main Pokémon in your deck to the title. Thanks.

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Black Eyes(Krookodile, Hypno)

Mora said:
You should use the croc to attack cause he has to be active for the effect to work. Have considered Switch? If you could switch between them, you could use Black Eyes twice, I believe. And if you were to use Ampharos, I'd take out the Houndoom and Hypno. (What did the Houndoom do again?)

I'm already using him to attack against other Pokemon. :D Ampharos does seem like a good idea but I think it's going to slow me down though. Houndoom applies the burned status on the active but I'm thinking of removing him. Make this deck a little more fighting based. Thanks for the advice! :D

ManPeach

Peachy

I would take out the Houndoom. You only have 1 of them, and it's burn effect is only a 50% chance and burn is only a 50% chance of affecting the foe anyways.

I would add in another Sandile because if it gets Catcher killed, your in trouble. Also I would add one more Krookodile so you can turn-by-turn evolve due to either no Candy or against a Lock deck.

Good luck with this idea!

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer

Not sure of adding in another Krookodile EPO but I can probably add in the BW one so I can attack with it also. And maybe another Switch. Thanks!

List is updated!

Mora

Don't Panic
Ahh... Houndoom Prime... Yes, I suppose that would make more sense than the one from CoL. Haven't seen that card in so long, I actually forgot about him... Anyways, if you want to really make your opponent mad, you could play Smoochum. Lol. Nothing more pointless than an energy or two on a Cleffa (sorry, fifth wheel on a wagon).

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
Mora said:
Ahh... Houndoom Prime... Yes, I suppose that would make more sense than the one from CoL. Haven't seen that card in so long, I actually forgot about him... Anyways, if you want to really make your opponent mad, you could play Smoochum. Lol. Nothing more pointless than an energy or two on a Cleffa (sorry, fifth wheel on a wagon).

An interesting idea. :) Thanks for telling me, definitely adding it to my deck.

ManPeach

Peachy
I am not trying to force you to do something with your deck that you don't want to do, but I really think that the 1 extra Sandile and 1 extra Krookodile is needed for this deck to be more successful.

Just a very honest opinion.

Jirachi

Smile!
If its 4-1-4 I'd rather have it to be 4-2-4 for consistency. Sometimes you don't have rare candy in your hand.

RichD

Aspiring Trainer
Everything but your Krookodile is searchable by Level Ball. I'd swap out some of your Communications for those.

Why do you have DCE's in your deck? You main attacker, Krookodile, has an attack of FFC so it won't help there and I don't see you attacking with any of the others.

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
RichD said:
Everything but your Krookodile is searchable by Level Ball. I'd swap out some of your Communications for those.

Why do you have DCE's in your deck? You main attacker, Krookodile, has an attack of FFC so it won't help there and I don't see you attacking with any of the others.

Oops. forgot to switch out the DCE when I switched out Mewtow EX. List is updated.

Mora

Don't Panic
Ahh! Excellent. I made a rouge deck like this with Ampharos Prime and Ambipom G. It did the same thing, but Ampharos just put damage when they had to reattach. I got quite a few donks because Ambipom for {C}{C} did 60, but other than that, I kinda failed due to a lack of Cruching Hammers at the time. Well, glad I could help.