~BLACK and WHITE~ Cards to be Cut??

ogeray

Aspiring Trainer
so there wil be 114 cards in our black white set.

based on the theme decks as well as some scans, we know that 37 of those cards are from the boy girl collection
http://pokebeach.com/2010/10/black-white-boy-girl-starter-kits

that only leaves 77 cards left for the black and white collection, which has 111 unique cards.

so theres a good chance some of the really good starter cards like fire dance emboar and catcher may be cut.

anyone have any thoughts on this?
us sets always cut cards, specially rare/good/expensive cards so they keep each set at an equal value.
and our next black and white set will most likely feature the rest of the starter cards with the good poke'abilities along with the 3 battle decks

RE: US black white set. missing good stuff?

Oh god, they're printing those IN the B/W set? Those look like unplayable, entry-level starter cards, are you sure they're actually going to put those in a print set? This would be beneath just about any other crap they've printed.

yes, look at the main page. the starting pokemon are all from the boy girl collection.
and read those theme decks. serperior's attack is also from the boy girl collection
37 cards of absolute crud.

black and white may not be as promising as it seems

I can tell you from the start that I was/am expecting them to cut Pokemon Catcher from the set.
It just seems to be just a little to powerful for our current format so I think it would be better if they released it in a later set.
Only time will tell though, but they probably will be cutting some good cards from the set.:(

i have a feeling they are going to cut:
pokemon catcher
max potion
revive
the good starters:
emboar
samurott
serperior

and possibly
zoroark
gothille

Exactly what evidence do you have that the cards in the structure decks will be in the set? If that evidence includes anything that sounds similar to "TPCI did similar things in the past lololololol u stupid", because we both know that TPCI will be doing different things in this set, such as using the Japanese numbering system.
The Boy and Girl starter kits were released in Japan. As you know, the half deck format is popular in Japan; it just so happens that the decks within the Boy and Girl starter kits were half decks. Imagine what would happen if each English structure deck contained only 30 cards; we only play in the standard 60 card format, so we have to add things in.
Now, those starter kits contained cards that were not released in the set. Coincidentally, they were released before the Black and White collections. This action is being mimicked over here, in which, according to the promotional images, the structure decks come out before the actual set itself.
Cards from the set might be in the decks, but I find it highly unlikely that cards from the decks will be in the set.
And yes, I realize that TPCI likes to do this kind of stuff over and over. I'm probably completely wrong, they will probably cut cards. But there is absolutely no evidence as of yet that cards will be cut based on easily noticeable patterns.

@Pokefan4000

our black and white set card #1
1-snivy.jpg

japan's boy girl collection
1.jpg

our US theme decks:
1646.jpg

Jalorda boy girl collection:

3.jpg

Jalorda – Grass – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Janovy

[C][C] Vine Whip: 40 damage.
[G][G] Leaf Storm: 60 damage. Each of your Grass-type Pokemon recovers 20 HP.

sorry, but its quite disapointing news.
around 37 black white cards are going to be garbage.
which means, alot of good cut cards.

All the starters will be in the Black and White base set. After all, they are the starters, and starters are always printed in their base set. So no, the Emboar will most definately be in B&W. Pokemon Catcher will be printed in B&W too, if not, it will be in the set directly after B&W. Just because they're printing a Jalorda from the Boy/Girl Collection doesn't mean we won't get the other version. We could get both, to give players more of an option on what evolution they'd like to run. I firmly believe B&W will be a great set.

but then you need to ask yourself.
which 30 some cards will be cut?

i personally hope they cut all cards with non-full evolution lines like timburr, and new geodude
and hopefully some of the repeat trainer cards from hgss

If it helps any, All the evolutions of the pokemon that were in the sneak-peek tin are more or less confirmed to be in...

For some reason I have a feeling that secret Pikachu will be out. I hope they keep the goth cards though.

Although the first image made me go derp, the second set of images is exactly what I was trying to tell you about, and what is completely obvious; the Japanese starter decks have cards that are different from the set. This will obviously not be the case now, since TPCI just wants money.

Don't worry, people; if things get cut, you will see them in the next set. That means you can talk about how much better your Gyarados and Luxchomp decks are than every other deck in the format for three more months.

i just dont understand why pokemon USA has to mix and match/hash up sets for US releases. why cant they just keep it like japan, and not rip us off by putting starter deck cards in our actual set.

Money.
No matter how much they tell us, they are in this for the money. Not fun, money. By hyping the heck out of this set and cutting some cards, they will effectively make more money from a set that they shouldn't have made as much from. Then when all the good cards are crammed into one set, that set becomes high in demand, giving them even MORE money than they should have gotten.

working on a tentative list right now.
its alot easier to sort and guess what cards are where because of the new ordering system

from the info i have now, i can tell you that these cards will be cut from our set:

6 grass pokemon - most likely the liligant and whimsicott line with maractus and pansage reprints
1 fire pokemon cut - either the pansear or daruma reprint
3-6 water pokemon cut
1 metal pokemon cut - possible klingklang

and more as we get some card numbers

for now it seems that we will be getting boy girl collection cards as a priority, and cards to be cut will be from the main set

There are seven Grass Pokémon that can't fit: Remember the Journey partners cards (the little set of nine: one of each type) The BW tin promos are reprints of the starters in the Journey Partners collection. Now let me ask you this: Why would they use alternate artwork if they weren't planning to release the original? We could be seeing two of each of the starters in this set. Or, they could just be saving some for BW2, which also seems plausible.

Also, they plan on releasing tons of the new Pokémon in this set, so the Pokémon with 2 different cards already may not be getting both in this set (except for the starters, which I mentioned above.) That probably takes out the second Maractus and second Pansage. Similar things can be done with each of the types, so I'm just saying grass as an example

we have 12 places for fire pokemon
boy girl collection has:
tepig
pignite
emboar
pansear
darumaka

BW has:
tepig
pignite
emboar
pansear
simisear
reshiram
darumaka
darmanitan

journey partner:
tepig

so for our set, we are pretty much guaranteed to have:
tepig
tepig
pignite
pignite
emboar
emboar
pansear
simisear
darumaka
damanitan
reshiram

and either pansear, darumaka, or tepig reprint

Unless, they include all the reprints, which leaves out damanitan for the next set

Yeah. fire pretty much confirms that there has to be more than just one starter per type in the expansion. This just means all the people complaining about how this first expansion will only have the Beginning Set starter line don't really have anything to complain about anymore. =D

yea, thats a relief. at least we get both versions of the starters

one thing that may be cut could be the thundurus and tornadus as well as their ultra rare counterparts may be cut from the set.

That, I can definitely see happening. Landorus will probably be introduced in the next Japanese BW set.

Back