• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Blacephalon/Primarina

SuperHoundDoom

Aspiring Trainer
Blacephalon GX/Primarina

Pokemon
Blacephalon GX – 4 (Main Attacker)
Poplio (Lost Thunder 64)– 2
Primarina – 2 (Energy Attachment Support)
Poiple – 3
Naganadel – 3 (Discard Energy Support)
Tapu Lele GX – 2
Ditto Prism Star – 1 (Evolution Support)

Supporters
Professor Elms Lecture – 2
Heat Factory (Prism Star) – 1
Acro Bike – 4
Nest Ball – 3
Choice Band - 3
Ultra Ball – 2
Cynthia – 3
Guzma – 3
Rare Candy - 3
Volkner – 2 (Rare Candy Search)
Rescue Stretcher – 2

Energy
12 – Fire
3 – Unit Energy (F/W/G)

With this kind of deck i would run 4 ultraballs or some treasures. The energies in your hand you get rid of come back with naganadels. Also acrobike is not so much reliable so in my opinion i would go
-4 acrobike
+2 ultraball
+2 treasures

Also unit energies are not as vital, so i would go for a straight 15 fire
-3 unit emergies
+3 fire energies

If you like choice bamds you can keep them but i think that against rayquaza you would prefer a lysander lab
So optional
-3 choice band
+3 Lysander lab

I hope my advices would benefit yuor deck, cheers

I don't really see why you would prefer Lysandre Labs against Rayquaza... As a Rayquaza player, I'm playing Lysandre Labs myself.

I think Blacephalon could use Choice Band against Rayquaza. The other way around, 180 HP shouldn't really be a problem (it doesn't have to be for Blacephalon either though).

In a Blachephalon list, the most useful stadiums are Heat Factory Prism star and Ultra Space. I already see the Heat Factory in the list, I would add Ultra Space in the list instead of Lysandre Labs. I do agree with the other suggestions Senatorcavallo made. And I think you could just replace the Nest Balls by Ultra Space stadiums (2 would be sufficient I guess).

I would also consider removing Professor Elm's Lecture. If I'm right, that card only could search Ditto Prism and Popplio, which isn't enought IMO...

I too play a Blacephalon GX deck and have been testing and revising my list for quite a while now. Following are some thoughts for your consideration based upon my experience:

You need to establish a strong bench as soon as possible. That said, you need to run a 4-4 Naganadel line. If you don't get setup early, your chances of winning diminishes and places you at a significant disadvantage.

The Primarina lines do not seem to be that helpful (vs. 3 benched Naganadel and using Energy Switches), and it's an easy 1HKO. These lines should be replaced with more useful cards. Further, trying to setup these lines also dilutes your attention from the main focus of the deck.

Similarly, Acro Bikes are not that useful too, especially when you only have 3 card-draw Supporters which is woefully insufficient, especially when you have no other supplemental card-draw support, like Oranguru (Instruct).

Choice Band is a questionable play for 2 reasons: 1. Blacephalon GX can essentially 1HKO any Pokémon with sufficient energy in play; and 2. there are several popular, "top" decks that do not run EX nor GX Pokémon.

A Ball "engine" facilitates a fast bench setup; so, utilizing this concept would be more helpful.

Unit energy are not needed.

Suggested deck changes:

-2 Poplio - not needed
-2 Primarina - not needed
-2 Professor Elm's Lecture
-4 Acro Bike
-3 Choice Band
-1 Nest Ball - 2 should be sufficient with revised search and draw engine
-3 Rare Candy - not needed
-2 Volkner - not really needed

+1 Poipole - should be maxed-out
+1 Naganadel - should be maxed-out
+1 Cynthia - should be maxed out to help provide consistent card-draw support
+3 Beast Ring/Energy Switch - to accelerate/change energy attachment
+2 Lillie - to help provide more card-draw support, especially T1
+2 Mysterious Treasure - to help get bench setup and discard R energy
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters
+2 Sightseer - to help provide more card-draw support and discard R energy
+1 Ultra Ball - more help to provide consistent Pokémon search support and discard R energy
+2 Ultra Space - Stadium to help get UB Pokémon
+3 R energy

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
Back