• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard BKT-CST (Worlds) Manequaza (Baequaza/Manectric)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
So in the forum discussion for the newly revealed Zeraora GX, manectric was brought up as attack-based energy acceleration, which is pretty decent. And that got me thinking. What variant of Rayquaza can we make using this, and can it be viable? Let's find out! Here's my list so far:

Pokemon (18):

• Rayquaza GX (4)
Rayquaza-GX – Dragon – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Storm and Stress
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may discard the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[G][L][C] Dragon Break: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage times the number of basic [G] and [L] Energy attached to your Pokemon in play.

[G] Tempest GX: Discard your hand, then draw 10 cards. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3
  • Manectric (3)
Manectric – Lightning – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Electrike

Ability: Volt Start
If you go second, you may play this card face down from your hand during setup.

[L] Double Charge: 40 damage. You may attach up to 2 basic Energy cards from your hand to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 0
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Zorua (2)
  • Zoroark GX (2)
  • Tapu Koko GX (1)
  • Latias Prism Star (1)
Latias Prism Star – Dragon – HP130
Basic Pokemon

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

[C] Dream Mist: 30 damage. Attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to each of your Benched Basic [N] Pokemon.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Trainer (28):
  • Sycamore (4)
  • N (1)
  • Cynthia (3)
  • Guzma (3)
  • Lillie (1)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Mysterious Treasure (3)
  • Fisherman (1)
  • Puzzle of Time (4)
  • Float Stone (2)
  • Fighting Fury Belt (2)
  • Field Blower (2)
Energy (14)
  • Lightning (8)
  • Grass (6)

In an ideal world, you are starting with a manectric or two in your starting hand. That way, you can play them down immediately. Then, you use a combination or Sycamore and Aero Blitz from Talonflame (risky) to refill your hand and Baequaza's ability to get energies on the board as you can as fast as you can. The main T1 supporter is obviously Lillie, since it allows for a quick hand fill to extend your turn and improve your early game set up. I know that Buzzwole is currently rocking the format and will undoubtedly have a massive presence at worlds, but I think that this deck, despite the weakness from manectric, has a decent chance of making waves.

Last edited:

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
i would definitely cut the talonflame altogether since theres not much this deck needs other than energy to get set up, so it doesn't seem right here. as for manectric, i would either have a 0-4 or a 1-4 (definitely have four manectric), since if you don't get the first turn manectric its not all that great.

also i think the biggest card for this deck is elixirs, and you've got 14 energies so i think they should definitely be included. i would cut the puzzles since i don't feel like they're as good outside of zoroark decks. i'd also cut the fisherman for 2 rods.

overall i feel like rayquaza has enough natural acceleration plus elixirs to cut it, but manectric is worth a try.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
yeah, I can see that. I just thought it'd be fun for the deck to have a ton of in-your-starting-hand pokemon, even though it clunks everything up. Originally, I had a 2-2 Zoroark GX line in here, which is why there were puzzles, but then talonflame occured to me and I put them in instead. I should probably switch it back, in spite of the added weeakness to buzzwole.

Edits:
  • -3 Talonflame
  • -2 Electrike
  • +1 Manectric
  • +2 Zorua
  • +2 Zoroark GX