Discussion Big beasts counters???

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Recently I’ve been discussing with others (quite intensely) guzznaga stall. And from what the discussion has shown, it’s got good win chances against most stuff. Even gardy may have a hard time against it.
So I am asking: any ideas on how to stop it before it wrecks our format?

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
It’s kinda weird. You have healing like gardenia, great potion, and that new tag team supporter, and you have keldeo for some other matchups. The deck even has bronzong for the fire decks. We don’t have a complete list yet, but we analyzed the deck and a lot of the matchups. Sometimes I feel like it’s more of a keldeo deck than a guzznaga deck.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I can tell with all the tools we have right now, that someone out there will make some sort of "checkmate" style of deck with it. I don't believe "wreck" is the right choice of words for it. But I do believe it has the potential to be a threatening pokemon come cosmic eclipse

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t know what you mean by “checkmate”, unless stall just equals checkmate. So I don’t think our current build is considered “checkmate”.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, most things = stopped with keldeo, the stadium that kills your stadium,and more
Keldeo has been in the meta for a while. Decks have answers for it, such as running non-gx pokemon or marshadowing the chaos swirl to stick power plant.

Simply going "Big Beast is good and if not Keldeo" is vastly over simplifying things

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Keldeo has been in the meta for a while. Decks have answers for it, such as running non-gx pokemon or marshadowing the chaos swirl to stick power plant.

Simply going "Big Beast is good and if not Keldeo" is vastly over simplifying things
I know, I’m trying to put into perspective the arguments that I’ve heard. The people I’ve talked with about have been like”well we’ll play another keldeo, and you don’t have to beat our first one.
And my first thought goes to just using tinatags, cause that’s a decent answer if played with mimikyu, blaceph and trevanant.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Which mimikyu? I’m assuming by trevanant, you mean trevnoir. By blacephalon you must mean the non gx in cec. That can hurt, but only for one turn, since it needs me to have three prizes for it to actually hurt. And what do you even put the damage on? If you put it all on active why not use giratina? If you put it on a benched guzznaga I can still heal it.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Which mimikyu? I’m assuming by trevanant, you mean trevnoir. By blacephalon you must mean the non gx in cec. That can hurt, but only for one turn, since it needs me to have three prizes for it to actually hurt. And what do you even put the damage on? If you put it all on active why not use giratina? If you put it on a benched guzznaga I can still heal it.
the goal is to spread it, so that you shut down abilities for opponent. Combined with shrine of punishment, you can repeatedly lock abilities with mimikyu and then hurt opponent with trevenant. Basically, a trevlock mally is an option, as by t1 get the pieces down, put up a stadium such as power plant +shrine of punishment, or, best option, counter abyss (the stadium that takes out the next stadium played) t2 you drop shrine or use other methods to place damage ie: Roxie with koffing/weezing, distortion, then hit with dusknoir. If you have just 2 damage counters on their keldeo, you take it out + make it harder to find their follow up heals, Search and more.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
the goal is to spread it, so that you shut down abilities for opponent. Combined with shrine of punishment, you can repeatedly lock abilities with mimikyu and then hurt opponent with trevenant. Basically, a trevlock mally is an option, as by t1 get the pieces down, put up a stadium such as power plant +shrine of punishment, or, best option, counter abyss (the stadium that takes out the next stadium played) t2 you drop shrine or use other methods to place damage ie: Roxie with koffing/weezing, distortion, then hit with dusknoir. If you have just 2 damage counters on their keldeo, you take it out + make it harder to find their follow up heals, Search and more.
Build it and post the list on discord.