Bianca

Do you have a playest of Bianca?

• Yes, I've had them since Emerging Powers came out.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Yes, I bought them recently in preparation for the rotation.

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • No, but I plan to buy them soon to prepare for the rotation.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • No, I don't have Biancas and will not be buying them.

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Cinema said:
I don't like Hugh because it can also let your opponent draw cards.

Thats why you plan it out. Ask your opponent how many cards are in their hand. Hugh has its downfalls too, such as your opponent drawing, Zekeels discarding Lightnings, and being limited to draw, but its work testing.

RogueChomp said:
Thats why you plan it out. Ask your opponent how many cards are in their hand. Hugh has its downfalls too, such as your opponent drawing, Zekeels discarding Lightnings, and being limited to draw, but its work testing.

Hugh is so much weaker draw than Bianca though. Realistically, your opponent isn't going to have a hand of 8 cards or more very often, especially in a format full of weak supporters like this one. I'd rather draw that extra card instead of letting my opponent discard the least helpful card or two from their hand, or worse, draw cards.

Bianca's the best draw supporter in format after Juniper and N, no question. If the choice was 50/50 I'd pick Bianca over Cheren any day. That said, it's probably worth testing in whatever deck you use. Odds are Bianca will be the better choice, but Cheren has uses too. After turn 1 really, Bianca just has more uses. It's really only ever not useful if you're winning anyway and have a bunch of cards in hand from prizes + unneeded draws. After you put a basic down, your hand is at 6, at best. You'll only really go down from there, using cards every turn, which makes Bianca live. And while Juniper obviously draws more than Bianca, you can't use more than 4 Juniper.

The way the Skyla/Ultra Ball/Bicycle engine is looking, Hugh isn't going to be worth using...ever, really. But Bianca works with the engine.

I stocked up on extra Bianca weeks and weeks ago. I find it a very strong draw Supporter in the upcoming format (not saying much as I see N and Juniper as being the top 2 and there only being like four options >_>). It's definitely stronger when paired with counts of Ultra Ball but I could see it still being used in decks that don't, although Cheren will most likely be a more likely option in those kinds of decks. I do find it extremely better than Random Receiver however, simply because when you play Random Receiver, you are taking another Supporter card out of your deck, so running 1/2 copies essentially thins your deck and at that point, you might as well just play more Supporters. The less Supporters you play with more Random Receiver drops your count down pretty low, I find.

dmaster out.

Good with decks that still work with discarding, but not better than Cheren for 90% of decks that don't. Still plain outclassed by N though, and in 80% of decks by Juniper. Rarely would you want a playset imo. It's just not practical unless you have no other draw or refresh to rely on.

Back