News 'Bewear-GX Box' in June!

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
yeah this isn't very good,

big throw 4 energy for a one time attack that doesn't do a ko just a discard, vs lunala gx getting a ko on non gx for 3, big throw should've been a 2 energy cost

as for the other attacks... might be serviceable if we didn't have so much energy discard options like hammers, but flippy attacks are almost never worth putting into your deck.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
If you're gonna make people pay $20 for a promo box, at least put a Pokemon which isn't utter garbage. I'd forgive them if the card looked cool, but it looks like they let someone from Care Bears design the damn card.

TheScarfedPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
yeah this isn't very good,

big throw 4 energy for a one time attack that doesn't do a ko just a discard, vs lunala gx getting a ko on non gx for 3, big throw should've been a 2 energy cost.

3 Psychic energy SPECIFICALLY. Meanwhile Bewear-GX's cost 4 colorless so it can be charged with DCE and it's a stage 1, not stage 2. Also, it can instantly remove any Pokemon in the active (*cough* Lysandre *cough*) along with any cards attached to it. Unlike Lunala-GX, who can only instant KO basic non-GX, can't instant knock out that scary Tauros-GX or M Scizor-EX on the bench!

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
3 Psychic energy SPECIFICALLY. Meanwhile Bewear-GX's cost 4 colorless so it can be charged with DCE and it's a stage 1, not stage 2. Also, it can instantly remove any Pokemon in the active (*cough* Lysandre *cough*) along with any cards attached to it. Unlike Lunala-GX, who can only instant KO basic non-GX, can't instant knock out that scary Tauros-GX or M Scizor-EX on the bench!
Riddle me this:

If you're going to expend FOUR ENERGY on a Stage 1 Pokémon and use up your one GX attack for the entire game, how is that in any way whatsoever better than using a cheaper attack that will actually let you draw prize cards and potentially not use up your one GX attack?
Why would I ever want to use this thing which eats four of my precious energy and doesn't even take prizes AND wastes my one GX attack over something like mega mewtwo's psychic infinity, vikavolt GX's 180 damage attack, Tapu lele's x-ball attack (which also searches a supporter when benched and is a basic), Tapu bulu's 180 damage attack (again a basic), Tapu Koko's GX attack (hits very high numbers and takes prizes for one less energy), mega rayquaza's emerald Break, yveltal ex's Y-Cyclone, etc.??

Oh right. I wouldn't.

DaGod503

Aspiring Trainer
to me energy cost is way too much for a stage 1 and about the gx attack discard the active and all atttached does that mean its a knockou?t it didn't specify

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
to me energy cost is way too much for a stage 1 and about the gx attack discard the active and all atttached does that mean its a knockou?t it didn't specify
If the card tells you to discard a Pokémon, it's not a KO and you don't take the Prize card. ;)

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Agree with the posters that say the GX attack is too expensive.

[C][C] seems just about right for that. And that can be a very effective attack at that price. Let's say your opponent has a charged up M Mewtwo up top, needs only 2 prize cards to win and you have no way to put it down. You can Lysandre something else sure, but that only buys you enough time for your opponent to figure out a counter on the next turn.

You discard that M Mewtwo and all the energy attachments and that can seriously set your opponent back for enough time to counter attack and win. It is absolutely situational and for the right price, splashable.

All that said, 4 [C] is absolutely atrocious for the two attacks and 3 [C] isn't enough for "opponent can't retreat" being the effect. I get why they didn't go [C][C] with it because then this card becomes the new "insta-donk" card of choice in just about every troll deck imaginable. But without that price, the niche usefulness of this card is far too "niche" and not enough "usefulness".

I also kind of wonder if they are trying to keep the attacks similar to it's "normal" counterpart. If so, meh.

PerkyPancham

Aspiring Trainer
YAY I CANT WAIT TO HUG DAT JUMBO CARD ITS SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-23_19-27-4.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_19-27-4.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2017-2-23_19-27-8.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_19-27-8.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
The only thing that makes this card playable is the GX attack. Everything else is Not playable.
And not even the GX attack is great. I'm not putting 4 energy into a once only used attack that doesn't even likely result prize cards, just a discard. o_O