best supporter cards

broko_bear

Infernape Trainer
can u guys tell me what are the best supporter cards in the modified format cos i need good advice on trainer cards

Lets see i would have to say it all dependes on what cards your going to be playing and what the strat is because the sooner you know that you will know what supporters will be the BEST in YOUR deck...

Some commonly used are:
Celio's network- search
Copycat- hand refresh
Professor Rowan DP- good new card from DP lets you refresh hand while keeping one card
Holon Mentor- great searching for 3 basics under 100HP
Castaway- depends on your deck strat but is good when in the right deck

Those are just a few to get you thinking about how you want to play your deck... Remember you want to have basic trainers in a deck as well because you can play them the same turn you can play supporters... for example you can play Master Ball (only really good in decks with lots of pokemon cards) and the new PokeNav DP card which are both good cards that search your deck and are not supporters.
CHECK THIS OUT IT WILL HELP The Engine Library

Good luck
Snowblind23

Wally's Training and Mary's Request are great cards for Stage 1 decks.

Holon Engine (Mentor, Lass, Researcher, Farmer, Transceiver) are practically musts for δ decks.

Celio, Elm's Training Method, TV Reporter, Fieldworker, Copycat are great general cards.

Other supporters really only shine when your deck goes with their strategy, like Castaway and Scott. I haven't looked at the D/P supporters enough yet to know those, but I'm sure there's a couple in there too.

Alchemist_Almighty said:
Wally's Training and Mary's Request are great cards for Stage 1 decks.

Holon Engine (Mentor, Lass, Researcher, Farmer, Transceiver) are practically musts for δ decks.

Celio, Elm's Training Method, TV Reporter, Fieldworker, Copycat are great general cards.

Other supporters really only shine when your deck goes with their strategy, like Castaway and Scott. I haven't looked at the D/P supporters enough yet to know those, but I'm sure there's a couple in there too.

Researcher is good in delta deck. The rest of the Engine is good in almost every kinda deck. Not only in delta decks.

I would say the Researcher is the best supporter card for Raichu d decks (RaiEggs, RaiBok +++) (and other decks who need metal energy and is delta)
Mary's Request is one of the best drawing cards.
Copycat is the good hand refresh card (as snowblind said)
PETM is for decks with ex who's stage 2 or stage 1.

Well.. Now theres the Holon Engine supporters (with Holon's Trans)

The best include:

Holon Adventurer if you run the Holon Engine, TV Reporter if not, Mary's Request if you have no Stage 2's, Bill's Maintenance in some decks (Like anything using Starmie d or maybe Gardevoir PK), and Island Hermits if you like them (Though they're usually limited and used with other Draw Cards).

Holon Adventurer and TV Reporter are probably used the most.

the best are the holoncards its lets you r search draw, discard unwanted cards for better ones and is perfect with delta poke.

I can't beleive nobody has mentioned steven's....by far the best draw card in the game.

Black Winged Gengar said:
It's alright but it's not reliable enough to be the deck's main draw power. A refresher if anything.
95% of all the decks in the format play HUGE benches (the only I can think of is bannette and maybe delcatty). Some decks run stump, but they won't drop it to lower your steven's draw by 2, so usually you'll hit the max every time you play it.

I'd never run it as my MAIN draw card though. I'd run two in place of Copycat or something, but I'd still use TVR, otherwise good luck against Bandoom and RK9. Besides that, if you do use it as your main drawer you'll draw once and get a hand with 7+ cards that you may not even need, and you're left without any drawpower.

I'm not saying its bad, it's a good card, otherwise it wouldn't deserve the hype about it being reprinted, lol. It just doesn't deserve a reliable lable stuck on it or anything.

Black Winged Gengar said:
I'd never run it as my MAIN draw card though. I'd run two in place of Copycat or something, but I'd still use TVR, otherwise good luck against Bandoom and RK9. Besides that, if you do use it as your main drawer you'll draw once and get a hand with 7+ cards that you may not even need, and you're left without any drawpower.

I'm not saying its bad, it's a good card, otherwise it wouldn't deserve the hype about it being reprinted, lol. It just doesn't deserve a reliable lable stuck on it or anything.
TVR is an okay draw, but 3 cards nowadays is not worth much. And even against boom or cane9, you're still going to get 3 off of it, which is the same as tvr...but no discard. And if you can't play it, then copy cat your hand away or dump a few cards. Shouldn't be that hard if you're not delta drawing every turn.

It's best suited a hand refresher. It's a good card since it gets such massive draws at once, but that only happens when your hand is smaller. Since it does have this ability, you're unable to use them one after another, which really kills your drawpower. Big hands are nice but you're not garunteed what you need out of them, and you always want options.

Back