Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
RE: What will the new "best" deck be with PA?

Arceus will not be the best deck in the format, lol. Not by a long shot. Okay, you do, what, like 50-120 damage? Flygon one shots you, Salamence one shots you, Gyarados one shots you, Charizard one shots you, Gengar CAN one shot you, there's no way Arceus will compete with the format.

I think the BDIF will either be Flygon, Salamence, Turbo Shuppet (which needs to be up there), or Gengar. Those 4 will see the most play in my opinion for sure. Rogue is a bad play. I can't think of anything rogue that isn't one shot by Salamence or Shuppet, or disrupted by Flygon/Gengar. Don't forget how Flygon will most likely be played with Gardy or Machamp, and if it's the former, even more problems for Arceus ;p

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...

Arceus can OHKO Flygon, Salamence, Gyarados, Charizard and Gengar. Not that hard to do with weakness :/. Speed is the only real issue, and Flygon/Salamence suffer that too.

Sure, I'm not saying it's going to be the BDIF, but it's defenitely going to be an interesting rogue and I wanted to proof something q:

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)

I can see it OHKOing Flygon, Salamence, possibly Charizard, and possibly Gengar depending on the setup of both decks, sure. Arceus would need a pretty good setup to do anything against those decks, but it has the hardest time OHKOing Gyarados, and is hardly possible. I seriously think Gyarados is one of the decks that gives it the most problems, considering it can OHKO it (depending).

I don't even think it'll really be a rogue, I think it might be tier 2.5ish, depending if people can get it to work properly.

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"

You guys all need to bow down to Salamence Lv X.

For the first time in history, they have released a Salamence card that is no longer Just power. But instead, is now a bit more technical AND is pretty fast too.

Salamence boasts a really high 160 HP! The only other pokemon card from DP+ is Torterra X and Wailord. Neither of them are seen today. He has a self recharging power. He has a the ability to claim 2 prizes. He is just great!

Match ups:

VS Mechamp
Salamence has the edge. He is resistant to fighting. He is not a basic or SP so "Take Out" doesnt work. And hurracane punch is too flippy. You need at least 3 heads to really cause much problem.

VS Gengar
Ha! If everyone wants to start using Gengar X, thats fine. Salamence is actually helped by Gengar X's power.

VS Flygon variants
These will be pretty 50/50. Nuf said.

VS SP variants
None of them can survive even 1 attack from this bad a#$ dragon!

ze_draeck

100 + 30 weakness, or 80 * 2 weakness. I don't see it being that hard. And you still hit for only 90 without Crobats/PlusPower/etc.

Obviously I'm not talking about the whole matchup, only the OHKOing part.

shadoworganoid

ze_draeck said:
100 + 30 weakness, or 80 * 2 weakness. I don't see it being that hard. And you still hit for only 90 without Crobats/PlusPower/etc.

Obviously I'm not talking about the whole matchup, only the OHKOing part.

Those damage calculations, if your talking about Sally Vs Flygon, then sure. But I was talking about Flygon X VS Salamenc X. Weakness is times 2 for both. That match up is based on who gets up first.

Seth1789110

Shadow: Your problem with SPs? His body does not activate against them, only Palkia/Dialga G X. Thats it. So it takes MANY more turns.

shadoworganoid

I have no problem with SP pokemon. I USE and SP deck right now.

Im just saying, Salamence with Expert Belt = 120 damage per attack. 99% of SP pokemon will fall to that attack as a 1HKO.

ze_draeck

shadoworganoid said:
Those damage calculations, if your talking about Sally Vs Flygon, then sure. But I was talking about Flygon X VS Salamenc X. Weakness is times 2 for both. That match up is based on who gets up first.

I'm talking about Arceus vs. Gyarados.

shadoworganoid

ze_draeck said:
I'm talking about Arceus vs. Gyarados.

Oh. That is a hard match up. They are both pretty fast I think. Hmmm.....

I hope Arcues becomes a popular deck for whatever reason. Sally can 1HKO them all!

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer

Okay here's my picks for BDIF
Gyarados
Salemance
Gengar
FlyChamp
SPs of some sort-
Really Arceus fails and is just a better version of rotom.
Sally isn't all that good but will be overplayed.
Gyra really doesn't have a true"bad" matchup IMO except Tangrowth which it outspeeds.
FlyChamp can beat a lot of things, also a Flygon player doesn't have to level up when playing Sally this is where the SKILL factor of the game cames into play.
Gengar is just gengar and is still good against most decks and can hurt Gyra w/ poltergeist, big time.

esperante

started there, now i'm at the bottom

shadoworganoid said:
I have no problem with SP pokemon. I USE and SP deck right now.

Im just saying, Salamence with Expert Belt = 120 damage per attack. 99% of SP pokemon will fall to that attack as a 1HKO.

Garchomp C Lv.X one shots it, and it isn't exactly 1% of playable SP's that will be around. Your double prize power can be sprayed (or mesprit locked by Palkia), and with numerous decks under 120 hp, you will have a much more difficult time setting up.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I only see Gyarados doing extremely well. Couple the speed with the fact that no 100% counters will be played in full force and you have a great metagame deck. /nobias

dmaster out.

Ariadosguy

<3 Flariados

^Wait, how is Gyarados fast? lol^

I would call it one of the slower decks in the format.

Shaymin Lv.X

Vissen zijn nat.

Don't forget ALL Salamence's like the Salamence SW that can snipe for 100 on your opponents bench.
Salamence SF can do 120 for 2 energy if your are playing against decks with 120+ HP but you need to discard 2 energy.
Or 100 for 2 energy -1 Energy.
That makes Salamence really great.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Ariadosguy said:
^Wait, how is Gyarados fast? lol^

I would call it one of the slower decks in the format.

Once you set it up which doesn't take a few turns you aren't required to do much more. The recovery is super fast and not needing any Energy makes it even faster. I can't see a faster deck IMO, simply because you don't need any Energy. Sure, Cyclone/Call help but they aren't required to attack.

dmaster out.

LucarioXFroslass

Bug Catcher

Ya know, why can't Snowpoint Temple work in Salamence for random SP matchups if they stay popular? I think it COULD work... It also helps /vs/ Snorlax XPXPXPXPXPXPXPXPXPXP When you play a n00b... Who knows. It's a possibility.

Good decks may be:
SpeeDrill
Kingdra
Anything that can utilize Spiritomb in bulk
FOSSILZ!!1! (They're goooooooooooooooood... T_T)

~L_X_F

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer

Fossils are good except this-
You're playing against gengar.
They get a gastly start.
They pitch dark.
They continue that for the most of the game
You can't set up.
You lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.