Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: What will the new "best" deck be with PA?

Turbo Shuppet Holds to Tomb which will most likely become a solid card coming into cities. I personally think gengar will cause alittle bit of an uproar but then people will learn to play against it (If they havent already) and gengar will fold to everything once again.

shadoworganoid said:
I agree. You play the most common deck, or the most Rogue deck ever. It does not ensure a win or a loss. The odds of winning are random. You could use the most popular deck in the world, but if you get a lousy hand, you'll lose just the same.
Any deck is good if played right. Comes down to luck and player skill. The deck itself does nothing in the equation.

This is THE stupidest thing i have heard in a long time. =p

Deck choice is arguably THE most important thing to get right. Being able to play a deck that can beat the metagame and have a good list is SO important. No matter how well you play a deck, if it's not good, you won't win with it.

Also, RE: Gyarados being fast - Compared to the metagame, Gyarados is slow. Pokemon like Luxray and Machamp can start attacking by T1/T2. Gyarados almost always has to wait until at least Turn 3. Doesn't sound like much, but it is considerably slower. Doesn't mean the deck isn't viable, I am just clarifying for people that "speed" almost always refers to how fast a deck sets up initially, not its damage output or its recovery abilities.

Speed is any or all factors regarding setup, recovery, attacking, attaching, etc. Not just one of those. :F

dmaster out.

Okay, you have to use maybe just a A LITTLE commen scense with that statement. OBVIOUSLY, if your deck has a random assortment of mix matched cards, you could be the best player in the WORLD and not win. DUH, I know that.

What im saying is, take Gyarados deck. Its a good deck, we all know that. However, just because your playing that deck, doesnt mean you WILL win every game or even as much as you hope for. There is no such thing as a "Perfect" deck. That is impossible.

Yes your right, for ANY deck, ANY GOOD deck, a certain amount of skill is nessisary to win. However, just because you have lots of skill or a good deck, does not mean you WILL win.

To bring this back into context, the next best deck in format is impossible to tell. Luck plays a major factor into that. Crappy opening hands are ALLWAYS POSSIBLE. In which case, even the best player in the world will lose.

You need 3 things to win.

1. A good Deck.
2. Skill.
3. A fair amount of luck.

Why Luck? Why not? The odds of drawing a card you need, is all up to chance. Or LUCK. (Unless you have a search card)

About the whole fossil thing it really depends on what fossil your using lets say kabutops you start w/dome fossil/md attach a fighting energy evolve w/rock reaction then use kabuto's/md pokepower ancient guidance to get that fossil and place it on your bench therefore you can lay down the fossils you need allowing you to lay down that trainer card so really if you vs. gastly if you start w/a fossil you'll be okay but if you don't good luck and dialga g same thing

Lost Cyclone said:
About the whole fossil thing it really depends on what fossil your using lets say kabutops you start w/dome fossil/md attach a fighting energy evolve w/rock reaction then use kabuto's/md pokepower ancient guidance to get that fossil and place it on your bench therefore you can lay down the fossils you need allowing you to lay down that trainer card so really if you vs. gastly if you start w/a fossil you'll be okay but if you don't good luck and dialga g same thing

But Like Everyone says, it Folds to Tomb. Fossils have never been good and it is because it is too easily countered. To bad cause once the deck gets going its pretty sick.

Dr.empoleon said:
But Like Everyone says, it Folds to Tomb. Fossils have never been good and it is because it is too easily countered. To bad cause once the deck gets going its pretty sick.

I disagree. It is not that good. I mean, Locktops is OK at best, but way too slow. The new Kabutops is decent, but again not great, loses alot of steam late game.

I dont understand how it loses Steam late game. With Marley, Fossil Evac, and VS seeker you have around 14 turns of hitting for 70 and by then in sure you win, or you lose. so its not like it will lose because it cant get fossils.

Wow, this is like, what... The 5th one of these threads? As I've said before, only time will tell what's gonna be good, we'll probably all be surprised. Still, I voted for Fossils because that's what I'm running. :p

shadoworganoid said:
Okay, you have to use maybe just a A LITTLE commen scense with that statement. OBVIOUSLY, if your deck has a random assortment of mix matched cards, you could be the best player in the WORLD and not win. DUH, I know that.

What im saying is, take Gyarados deck. Its a good deck, we all know that. However, just because your playing that deck, doesnt mean you WILL win every game or even as much as you hope for. There is no such thing as a "Perfect" deck. That is impossible.

Yes your right, for ANY deck, ANY GOOD deck, a certain amount of skill is nessisary to win. However, just because you have lots of skill or a good deck, does not mean you WILL win.

To bring this back into context, the next best deck in format is impossible to tell. Luck plays a major factor into that. Crappy opening hands are ALLWAYS POSSIBLE. In which case, even the best player in the world will lose.

You need 3 things to win.

1. A good Deck.
2. Skill.
3. A fair amount of luck.

Why Luck? Why not? The odds of drawing a card you need, is all up to chance. Or LUCK. (Unless you have a search card)

I actually agree with that. Just you actually said in your other post that decks don't matter at all. but yes, luck and skill are obviously huge factors in terms of doing well at a tournament.

Dr.empoleon said:
I don't understand how it loses Steam late game. With Marley, Fossil Evac, and VS seeker you have around 14 turns of hitting for 70 and by then in sure you win, or you lose. so its not like it will lose because it cant get fossils.
And even then, you have Omastar that can be waiting to come in and be dealing plenty of damage with all the fossils in the discard. I'm not saying fossils will be near the best, but they're certainly up there.

Ariadosguy said:
I actually agree with that. Just you actually said in your other post that decks don't matter at all. but yes, luck and skill are obviously huge factors in terms of doing well at a tournament.

I can also agree with this. I missplay ALOT, and thats y i lose most of my games :( But im starting to pay more attention, but then u get called 4 stalling xD, but yea, Pokemon has gotton really big and has alot of rules, but its all good, i like the rules, keep ppl from being dunb xD

Darkartisan said:
I disagree. It is not that good. I mean, Locktops is OK at best, but way too slow. The new Kabutops is decent, but again not great, loses alot of steam late game.
That's why there's Omastar. It gains steam late game as Kabutops loses it. You're already gonna have Helix Fossil in the deck, so why not add 1 or 2 Omastar and rare candy/omanyte?

My money's on Gengar or Salamence, but my personal favorite is Gengar. Tank with a Dusknoir (Promonoir is my favorite), activate Ectoplasm, then bring in Gengar Lv. X to finish the job. It's hard to bead that spread, especially if you throw in Metagross SV on the bench.

^^I agree mostly, Salamence could become a decent deck, but this set doesn't really introduce many game changers or staple cards except for maybe expert belt, for all of those people who like taking high-risk, high-reward chances with their decks.

On a related topic, Having an Arceus v. Arceus showdown with ultimate zone in play could possibly be the most fun match I can think of.

Well, it's hard to make predictions after prerelease; I can see how taking three (potentially four if the defender is equipped with expert belt) prizes with Sally X can be appealing to some players, myself included...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back