Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Your favorite set

Lol when I saw this, I thought this was referring to favorite sets to use in battle for VG.

My fav. set.... Dark Explorers. From Darkrai to Empoleon, not much reasoning is needed after those two as for why that set is my favorite.

Not a big fan of the new sets as I don't like the holofoils or how the English shinies look, so I go waaaaay back to the Neo sets. Loved the artwork on those cards. But the e-series have had me searching for a box cause so many of the cards look really good. Unseen Forces also is up there because of Lugia ex.

If I had to like a new set I'd say Dark Explorers. That's actually my first prerelease as well. And it has a shiny Gardevoir. And Darkrai EX. Both which I pulled from 8 packs from Walmart the day it came out. ;)

hammer time! said:
um.... um.... um.... bump :3

No bumping. Bumping is only allowed in the trade corner, but since it is the end of world, I letting you off with a verbal.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0[/video]

I have to say the neo sets (Destiny, Discovery, Genesis, and Revelation) because of the awesome artwork.

For me it would be Supreme Victors, the first set I bought real cards of and I think the art was good :>

Artwise... Crystal Guardians.
Playwise... Hmm... Erm... Next Destinies. Gave us Double Colorless, Prism, Mewtwo-EX, Shaymin-EX, Level Ball, Heavy Ball, Skyarrow Bridge (as much as I hate facing it) and many other interesting and good cards.
Overall... Sort of a toss-up between HeartGold/SoulSilver and Call of Legends (ironic choices, aren't they). They both have a lot of good cards and a lot of good art. And sharing a lot of the same cards, some of the art being better and some worse, makes it difficult to pick just one.

I don't think I have a specifically favorite set. Base through Fossil are cool for being the original three. Rocket was cool with the Darks. Gym Chllange and the other Gym were cool for having all the Trainer cards. EX Ruby and Sapphire were cool because of Lapras EX. EX Detla Species and Holon Phantoms were very cool. EX Dragon Frontiers was pretty cool with the Psychic Flygon EX. And Diamond and Pearl through Stormfront were also pretty cool as the sets I paid the most attention to.

I think my favorite set would have to be Platinum: Arceus... For extremely obvious reasons.

Expedition, some really great art work for that set plus some pretty potent cards for it's time.

The Best Card Ever Made?

I want to know what is the best Pokemon card made, for game play strictly.

Versatility, Power, ease of use? Should all be taken into consideration.

My vote goes to Mewtwo EX from Next Destinies.
There still, in my opinion & what I have seen isn't a card that rivals its power & versatility.

RE: Purely The Best Card Made?

Mewtwo EX. You can slap him in any deck and it'll be instantly better.

Slowking from Neo Genesis. In its time, it was ridiculous and could probably still be today.

blargh257 said:
Slowking from Neo Genesis. In its time, it was ridiculous and could probably still be today.

it would no doubt still in sane.
because the power reads "trainer card", so ANY support/stadium/item
your opponent plays would require his power activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back