Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillykyle

boop
RE: Purely, the Best Card Ever Made?

Blui said:
All you new kids. Slowking from that set that it was banned from. There's only a 50% chance you can actually play trainers

I don't count him tbh because the only thing that made him broken was the misprint. His power was supposed to say if Slowking is active.

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS
RE: Purely, the Best Card Ever Made?

The card that brought down a thousand nations to its knees...it was banned for being legitimately overpowered, not just because a misprint made it so.

It's not that great now, but when it first came out...dang.

25-sneasel.jpg

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
RE: Purely The Best Card Made?

ashtavakra said:
blargh257 said:
Slowking from Neo Genesis. In its time, it was ridiculous and could probably still be today.

it would no doubt still in sane.
because the power reads "trainer card", so ANY support/stadium/item
your opponent plays would require his power activated.

Actually you are incorrect. The unlimited format ruling is that when a pokemon says "trainer card" in the old formats, it is actually the same as item cards. This especially true in the HGSS formats.

ryter78 said:
Mewtwo EX. You can slap him in any deck and it'll be instantly better.

And that's why plasma plays Mewtwo EX isn't it?

As for my opinion, it would probably be energy removal and super energy removal. Oh you got a first turn Virizion? Oh... sorry not anymore you didn't

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
ashtavakra said:
it would no doubt still in sane.
because the power reads "trainer card", so ANY support/stadium/item
your opponent plays would require his power activated.

Actually you are incorrect. The unlimited format ruling is that when a pokemon says "trainer card" in the old formats, it is actually the same as item cards. This especially true in the HGSS formats.

Are you sure? I thought that only cards which referenced Trainers AFTER stadiums and supporters came out (aka rs-on) were errata'd to mean Items, since those cards were meant to only target "Items", but cards created before the split in Trainers existed still target all types of Trainers with their effects.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Dark Void said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:

Are you sure? I thought that only cards which referenced Trainers AFTER stadiums and supporters came out (aka rs-on) were errata'd to mean Items, since those cards were meant to only target "Items", but cards created before the split in Trainers existed still target all types of Trainers with their effects.

Even if you are right, Slowking only counts when its active anyway which can make it quite difficult to use in unlimited because you will most likely get OHKO'd anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.