Best Play for Spring Battle Roads!

I am honestly thinking about running Tyranitar for one of the Battle Roads at least. Seems like a good option.

amisheskimoninja said:
Tyraniking said:
Well the thing is, in order to have the favorable start in Vilegar, you need to have double Spiritomb in play to avoid Regice. Sometimes I've gotten around even that with Sabledonk.

Only the worst sabledonk decks use regice. You end up having to run collectors so you can get the regice out, which clog up your hand and keep the deck from working. Plus since you used your supporter already, you won't be able to get that third knockout if they happened to start with three pokemon (which does happen)

Only the best Sabledonk decks have a near autoloss to Spiritomb LOL.

Hey, none of your points don't really matter in the end. The absolute goal when they start spiritomb is to get it out of the active position. If you can't, then you're in a tight spot.

You're basing your points of of theory--the theory that you need to use Seeker to donk them...the theory that regice+3 collector will clog up your hand in a deck with 4 Junk arm...

Shiny Shinx said:
i haz an evil rogue... It made a bit of a showing in DP-on, according to Bulbapedia, and still works. Let's just say it locks your Bench...

~SS

And you trust a site anyone can edit why? If it is Palkia G, it could work considering it has high hp.

Pokeman said:
I am honestly thinking about running Tyranitar for one of the Battle Roads at least. Seems like a good option.

With my T-tar list, I don't need too many basics. but I guess in this format, you'll just have to sacrifice consistency for basics.

^eh, they took it down. It uses Skarmory FB, with Silver Feather; Metagross SV, for its Body; and Miasma Valley. So any Basic Pokemon your opponent plays from their hand onto their Bench is KO'd if it isn't a {G} or {P} type or has over 60 HP. Mandibuzz lets me take cheap KO's after Skarm is KO'd.

~SS

^may as well use Absol Prime while you're at it.

Tyraniking said:

You're basing your points of of theory--the theory that you need to use Seeker to donk them...the theory that regice+3 collector will clog up your hand in a deck with 4 Junk arm...

The best sabledonk decks work every time. I've playtested Sabeldonk with collector and found I started with a regice plus collector or a couple of collectors surprisingly often. Since they don't get you anything at all except in the spiritomb matchup, they're dead draw. As opposed to every other card in the deck that draws or places damage counters. So its easy to get bound up in the beginning.

Tyraniking said:
Sabledonk, counters, and my secret rogue XD
^This!

I'm not sure how big Sabledonk will be in my area, hence, at my first BR in the area, I'll be HJing it, then at the next one I'll see what I'll run. I have about 90% of the cards for Sabledonk, but I don't want to run it out of principle, or probably because of all the problems I can see with it (i.e. being susceptible to Trainer lock, and there might be a lot of Vilegar in my area). But mostly it's out of principle that I don't want to run it. I don't want to be known as a cheap player; I have a little reputation of my own to uphold (the guy who runs the crazy decks that work).

That said I'll probably be running RegiAwesome anyway at my next BR, because this is the last chance I'll ever get to play it at a tournament, before the rotation comes. (Even if the rotation doesn't happen before Nats, the odds of me going to Nats are slim anyway.) Considering my deck does well to excellent against everything in my area, I have pretty good odds.

SableDonk will be one of the best, if not the best deck in the format. Now everyone attending a Battle Road, play SableDonk in order to show Pokemon USA how horrid that deck is and how a midseason rotation is 500% needed (yes, 500%, that much...)

You can't show it by that, if you want to be showing them to make the rotation, at least run 2-4 Sableyes in your Battle Roads deck.

amisheskimoninja said:
^may as well use Absol Prime while you're at it.

Tyraniking said:

The best sabledonk decks work every time. I've playtested Sabeldonk with collector and found I started with a regice plus collector or a couple of collectors surprisingly often. Since they don't get you anything at all except in the spiritomb matchup, they're dead draw. As opposed to every other card in the deck that draws or places damage counters. So its easy to get bound up in the beginning.

Absol only works at Active. Skarmory makes them take 2, Absol, 1. I don't know how well it'll work against SableDonk, because my ideal lead is Beldum SV (use Pit Search to get Miasma Valley).

~SS

Pokeman said:
You can't show it by that, if you want to be showing them to make the rotation, at least run 2-4 Sableyes in your Battle Roads deck.

This all the way. Our secret rogue runs 3-4 Sableye...Impersonate doesn't really help THAT much after the first 2 or 3, but the main reason he's there is his Pokebody, which makes the deck prevent donks even FURTHER.

If I can't get the cards for that deck, I'll just have to play Sabledonk :/

Shiny Shinx said:
Absol only works at Active. Skarmory makes them take 2, Absol, 1. I don't know how well it'll work against SableDonk, because my ideal lead is Beldum SV (use Pit Search to get Miasma Valley).

~SS

Actually absol makes them take 2 also. And it has more HP, does more damage, and doesn't need energy to work.

http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/triumphant/91-absol.jpg

There's a lot of decent plays for Battle Roads, but almost every deck should use Sableye and/or Spiritomb in this format to prevent donks.

I'll be running Sablock, am just playtesting and perfecting my list this week as battle roads is this upcoming saturday, so that's going to be the play for me :) Have the card's to make a sabledonk! But don't like the idea of building a deck that's intended to win turn 1!

^^ I can see that you are a good Sable-Donk deck player. I was just wondering if you could give me a link to A rough draft of the deck. Doesn't have to be your deck. (I wouldn't give your deck list away :) )

LoxChomp :)
It is so good, granted it will get donked by Sabledonk sometimes but it does the same thing and has a legit late game.

@techdeck101 - sorry man never played sabldonk before, can help you with a sablock decklist though.

Cool! That's what I meant. Sable-Lock. I think I will be playing in 1 or 2 of the next BRs, so, I will be making a Sable-Lock deck and a Sable-Lock deck list. :)

I run Dusknoir, and you don't know how much I wish Night Spin costed less than FREAKING THREE energies....

Back