Best Play for Fall Battle Roads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I am creating this thread to discuss in your opinion what is the best deck choice for Fall Battle Roads this year. The decks that you would see coming out winning in most areas.

I think some Eel varients, but lets get it down to the very detail on what versions of decks and the certain varient that will be gaining victory.

grantm1999

VileGar
RE: Best Play for Fall Battle Roads

Darkrai/Terrakion/Mewtwo/Sableye/NO hammers. So versatile and can pretty much beat anything. May have trouble w/ Empoleon or Garbodor. Eels are also superb plays. Garchomp and Darkreigon aren't THAT great, but they're still good. Oh yeah, and Probopass/Garbodor!!!!

Pokeman

RE: Best Play for Fall Battle Roads

I think Garchomp is a garbage deck. But was does Probopass do? I have never heard of that card.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Y u hate on Garchomp?
I'm really liking Garchomp/Altaria/Stunfisk. It gets rid of Garchomp's main problem, Raikou/Eelektrik.

Pokeman

That is my deck. Rai/eels has no problem beating that deck. I haven't really lost with my Rai/eels yet. It loses to Terriken once and a while. Stage 2 decks just aren't really great IMO.

grantm1999

VileGar
http://pokebeach.com/scans/dragons-exalted/82-probopass.jpg
Just use Magnetic Lines, and Garbodor to lock Dark Trances, Dark Cloaks, and Dynamotors primarily.
Just an idea, and I'm anxious to build it and try it out! :p

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
I say that garbodor is the best but we will see more darkrai/hydreigon winning because many people will play it.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
Pokeman said:
That is my deck. Rai/eels has no problem beating that deck. I haven't really lost with my Rai/eels yet. It loses to Terriken once and a while. Stage 2 decks just aren't really great IMO.
Have you ever come across Stunfisk? Because the RaiEels in my area really hate getting stuck in the active slot with no energy after they volt bolt.

Vast

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~
Garchomp isn't good. I was able to take all 6 of my prizes in 6 turns playing against that deck. =\

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
What'd you start, Tornadus EX, Skyarrow, DCE? Sure, any deck can lose if the other one gets a godly start and/or they dead draw.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Vast said:
Garchomp isn't good. I was able to take all 6 of my prizes in 6 turns playing against that deck. =\
Congratulations. I was able to take 6 prizes in 6 turns against a deck too! That doesn't mean it's bad.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Puff said:
Have you ever come across Stunfisk? Because the RaiEels in my area really hate getting stuck in the active slot with no energy after they volt bolt.

Switch?

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Garchomp is a terrible deck I always seem to manhandle it with my eels variant. This one kid in my division played garchomp and he got 1-3 11th

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Dweaver said:
Garchomp is a terrible deck I always seem to manhandle it with my eels
>_< Screw it. I had this long paragraph typed up that would be extremely helpful in general, it my stupid computer deleted it. *cuts off fingers to avoid typing every profane word in known to mankind*

Vast

~ ★ ~ ★ ~ ★ ~
Puff said:
What'd you start, Tornadus EX, Skyarrow, DCE? Sure, any deck can lose if the other one gets a godly start and/or they dead draw.
Shiny Rayquaza is too pro for Garchomp.

He served his purpose well.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think my probably three top decks at least after BR are these (I guess this could be for BR as well, but whatever):

Darkrai/Hydreigon - There's really no questioning that this deck is extremely good. It's Klinklang+Synergy+Dark Patch. That's very very good. Couple that with Sableye to get back Items which most decks can't do and the space to run even a couple funky decks and this deck is superb.

Eels - There's a lot of different varients of these so I'm grouping them together. I haven't tested RayEels enough to say that it's better than a more traditional MewtwoEels but I think both are very strong and have very good pros when you couple the fact that Rayquaza EX can manhandle anything and Mewtwo is extremely good against the field as well.

Terrakion/Mewtwo - This is probably more of a sleeper deck or at least less played than other decks but I extremely like it. With Super Scoop Up in the deck, it has a versatile playstyle and the Fighting types in the deck can really wreck the other two decks mentioned if the opportunity is good. It also has Mewtwo which is strong as well.

dmaster out.

Pope

Aspiring Trainer
^^ I agree with everything dmaster has said above.

Adding my 2 cents.

I am currently playing with Darkrai/Hydregion. This deck has great match ups across the board, with the only match up that I have any issues with is FluffyChomp. This match up is closer to 50-50 in my eyes and it comes down to who has the most catchers.

So with that in mind, I think FluffyChomp will see greater play.

In my local meta, I have noticed a rise in the amount of Garbodor decks seeing play. At the moment, they aren't optimal and run like terribly, but when the stars align and things work, it can be a pain to beat. I shudder to think just what the deck could do when it has been tweaked to the point where it becomes really viable.

As such, Garbodor may be something that people need to keep an eye on.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
D/H should have a good Garchomp Matchup. Unless D/H can't set up, darkrai/Hydrei's Darkrais are too much for Garchomp to handle.

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
Also, there are plenty of techs that improve the Garchomp/ Altaria matchup even more. Reshiram EX and Registeel EX come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.