Discussion Best One Prize Attacker?

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
There’s a lot of really good one prize attackers now such as Zapdos, Granbull, and Zoroark, but which one do you think is the most consistent?

Calling Granbull "consistent" when you need a whole deck built around it of nothing but consistency cards and energy feels a bit weird, it's not that Granbull itself is consistent, but the deck does its job and it's hard to brick too bad when you've got Magcargo and Oranguru to help out. I'd consider it best right now, both overall and of the three you listed, which don't even have the number 2 or 3 slot in my book. (Lost march and Giratina/Malamar do, and maybe not in that order.)

Zapdos needs electropower support to hit meaningful numbers and there's no good way to recycle those, while Zoroark... do you mean the stand in one? Great card, but great because it evolves from the same thing and uses the same energy as Zoroark-GX while only giving up one prize, it's a bit lacking on its own and not super difficult to play around.

I’ve actually been turned off of playing single prize decks lately specifically because of consistency issues. I agree that granbull is the best of these, though it is countered pretty hard by alolan muk. Naga quag and kyurem seem really fun and are totally viable as long as people keep skimping on field blowers. I think lost March is fun, but you auto lose to spread.

Calling Granbull "consistent" when you need a whole deck built around it of nothing but consistency cards and energy feels a bit weird, it's not that Granbull itself is consistent, but the deck does its job and it's hard to brick too bad when you've got Magcargo and Oranguru to help out. I'd consider it best right now, both overall and of the three you listed, which don't even have the number 2 or 3 slot in my book. (Lost march and Giratina/Malamar do, and maybe not in that order.)
Zapdos needs electropower support to hit meaningful numbers and there's no good way to recycle those, while Zoroark... do you mean the stand in one? Great card, but great because it evolves from the same thing and uses the same energy as Zoroark-GX while only giving up one prize, it's a bit lacking on its own and not super difficult to play around.

Sry about the confusion, I mean the new Zoroark from Tag Team as its own deck. To everyone else, I should probably try Granbull like you suggest. Thanks for the help!

Interestingly enough, I still find Tapu Koko (Flying Flip) to be quite useful in decks where I run DC energy. Both Weavile (Rule of Evil and Evil Admonition) can be very menacing too. All three of these Poké can be consistent in well-designed decks, IMO.

Last edited:
Back