Best Moveset for Pangoro?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I'm wanting to go Jolly with Choice Scarf however since it has higher base stats in HP and ATK I figured I'm probably better off with Adamant instead while investing EV's in HP. This was the set I had planned for it but I'm thinking it's not that good:

Pangoro @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Ability - Mold Breaker
252 ATK/252 Speed/4 Sp. DEF

• Sky Uppercut
  • Parting Shot
  • Poison Jab
  • Stone Edge
Sky Uppercut is for Fighting STAB while Parting Shot helps me scout against threats. Poison Jab is my counter against Fairy Types while Stone Edge helps cover against Flying Types. I did consider Crunch for Dark STAB however Parting Shot is overall better, Scrappy was a consideration for dealing with Ghost Types however I'm not sure If Parting Shot would help in that aspect.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Seeing that you're using Choice Scarf here I go.

Sky Uppercut is probably your best option here, besides only being 90% accuracy.

Option: Storm Throw, 60 base damage but it will always crit, add that with STAB and you're good.

Parting Shot would be awesome on a faster Pokémon, you're doing no damage. The reductions and force out are nice but you want your Dark STAB.

Replacement: Crunch, 80 base damage + STAB, can also cause defense reduction to your opponents Pokémon.

Poison Jab is probably your best option for the 3rd slot, it handles a weakness and can add on Poison.

Stone Edge isn't a bad option here but the accuracy isn't pretty and you're using Mold Breaker, this opens other options.

Option: Earthquake, 100 base damage, this adds a spread move and it abuses Mold Breaker. This is a much easier way of handling pesky Rotom and Gengar.

I hope I helped here, anymore questions please feel free to ask.

-@Politoed_Punch aka Shining Goodra.

My advice: Don't use Pangoro.

Pangoro is outclassed as a Fighting-type by just about every other Fighting-type because he doesn't even get Close Combat. STAB Crunch and Parting Shot mean little when it means you get demolished by anything with Dazzling Gleam.

Parting Shot is also a bad move. If you're going to devote your item to outspeeding a threat, and you encounter that threat, you should probably just KO them instead of wasting time dropping their attack stats. Good luck doing that when your strongest stab move is 85 bp and doesn't even have 100 accuracy. You could try Hammer Arm, but that would defeat the purpose of scarfing him, and even that doesn't have 100 accuracy...

If that wasn't bad enough, all of Pangoro's abilities are worthless. Sky Uppercut and Hammer Arm (the moves he has to take advantage of Iron Fist) are bad. You aren't running any moves that require Mold Breaker, and if you come up against a ghost then you should be crushing it with your STAB, super effective Dark attacks instead of trying to be funky and cool by hitting it with Sky Uppersuck, Never mind the fact that since you're a Dark-type, no ghost will ever switch into you anyway.

If you're looking for a Fighting-type ass-kicker, try any of the following:

Heracross. He's strong and way faster than Pangoro, has abilities he can actually use, and both of his stab moves have 120 bp. He makes a better scarfer than Pangoro and you can even Mega Evolve if you are so inclined.

Conkeldurr. Much sturdier and much stronger than Pangoro. If you want someone to take advantage of Iron Fist, he's your guy, although Sheer Force is arguably better. With Drain Punch and Assault Vest, he can live for a long time and take random weak special attacks.

Lucario. Fast, powerful, and a billion options. You can't go wrong with this guy.

Well I did need a Pangoro to help complete my National Pokedex in order to get the Shiny Charm so I went ahead and IV bred a flawless Pangoro with this moveset:

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability - Iron Fist
180 HP/252 ATK/76 Speed

• Hammer Arm/Sky Uppercut
  • Crunch
  • Poison Jab
  • Parting Shot
Thanks for your help anyway though.

Card Slinger J said:
Well I did need a Pangoro to help complete my National Pokedex in order to get the Shiny Charm so I went ahead and IV bred a flawless Pangoro with this moveset:

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ability - Iron Fist
180 HP/252 ATK/76 Speed

• Hammer Arm/Sky Uppercut
  • Crunch
  • Poison Jab
  • Parting Shot
Thanks for your help anyway though.

In that case you should be using Brave Nature with 0 speed under Trick Room. That's to get the most use out of him possible.

Back