Help Best Moveset for Celebi in Gen VI?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I had a Calm Nature Celebi that I received from using Pokémon Bank yet I didn't know If that's still a good Nature for it in OU or Ubers unless If I'm better off with a Bold or Impish Nature for the one that I recently downloaded via Mystery Gift.

I was relieved to find out that Celebi can learn Giga Drain via Move Tutor in ORAS though unfortunately there's no way for it to learn that move in X & Y though so it looks like I'll need to renew my Pokémon Bank account and purchase ORAS then.

I had a Calm Nature Celebi that I received from using Pokémon Bank yet I didn't know If that's still a good Nature for it in OU or Ubers unless If I'm better off with a Bold or Impish Nature for the one that I recently downloaded via Mystery Gift.

I was relieved to find out that Celebi can learn Giga Drain via Move Tutor in ORAS though unfortunately there's no way for it to learn that move in X & Y though so it looks like I'll need to renew my Pokémon Bank account and purchase ORAS then.

Calm Nature is fine. The question is - what IV's you got on your Celebi?

31 IV's in HP, ATK, and Sp. ATK with relatively superior potential. The Calm Nature Moveset that I had planned out was from Gen V:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP, 192 Sp. DEF, 64 Speed
  • Baton Pass
  • Nasty Plot / Calm Mind / Substitute
  • Psychic / Giga Drain
  • Recover
I've also been looking into a Special Sweeper Moveset as well:

Celebi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 HP, 252 Sp. ATK, 252 Speed
  • Giga Drain
  • Psychic
  • Earth Power
  • Hidden Power (Fire)
Now I'm having a hard time deciding which Moveset I want to go with whether If I should stick with the Gen VI Baton Pass Moveset or go straight Special Sweeper.

Last edited:
It depends on your team. I don't know if it's possible to get Nasty Plot on Celebi in gen 6. I think it was an event move for a movie or something.
Additionally, your Celebi can't learn HP Fire based on its IV's so you need to go for something else. Also, make sure the EV spread is good for level 50.

I think your best option is Stealth Rock Celebi. If you can give me the IV's (all of them) I can build a set that would fit your Celebi's IV's and level 50.

Generally, some highlighted moves for Celebi are Recover, Leaf Storm, Nasty Plot, Baton Pass, Swords Dance, Giga Drain, U-turn, Seed Bomb, Stealth Rock, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, and Earth Power. Celebi can also take on a lot of roles, this list of natures is generally recommended; Bold, Impish, Calm, Modest, or Timid. With defensive natures Bold is generally better, as Celebi tends to really attract Pokémon like Scizor or Tyranitar.

With a Calm Celebi I would either go with a pivot set (being U-turn/Earth Power/SR/Giga Drain), special wall (Giga Drain/Thunder Wave/U-Turn/Earth Power or Recover), Cleric (Heal Bell / Recover / Giga Drain / U-turn), or Suicide SR setter (U-turn/Stealth Rock/Healing Wish/Giga Drain)

Last edited:
A few days ago I soft reset for a Bold Nature Celebi with 4 31 IV's in HP, Sp. ATK, Sp. DEF, and Speed. Despite not having any DEF IV's I think I should do fine so here's the moveset I chose for it:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EV's: 248 HP, 152 DEF, 108 Speed
IV's: 0 ATK
  • Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave / Heal Bell / Perish Song
  • Giga Drain / Psychic / Energy Ball
  • Baton Pass
  • Recover

108 Speed are to outspeed Jolly Bisharp, but if you battle in level 50, be aware that you need 116 speed EV's to outspeed Jolly Bisharp. Other than that, good job ! :]

Back