Discussion Best deck choice for NA Internationals?

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Ok, so I am wondering what deck I should use in the upcoming NA internationals in Columbus. So far I am considering:

Malamar/ Ultra Necrozma, because of A, it's a good deck, and B, because I have played VikaBulu a lot recently and know how this sort of deck is built.

Buzzwole for obvious reasons

Garchomp/ Lucario as I love playing one prize attacker decks.

And Zoroark Lucario as I consider it one of the best deck in the format.

I f you have any other deck idea please leave them here as well. Also, budget is not an issue, I can get any cards needed pretty quickly.

Calcab

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark/Lucario is possibly the worst Zoroark variation right now. Loses to the two most hyped decks (Lucario vs Malamar/Mew and Zoroark vs Buzzwole).
Garchomp/Lucario just doesn't have what it takes to survive a lot of rounds with a good score by the end of the day.
That said, I think Buzzwole and Malamar would be the best options from the ones you presented.
Nway, I think Zoroark/Garbodor is in a good spot as of now and I still think ZoroRoc is a good deck in the current meta.

Acetrainer_Samwise

Aspiring Trainer
The safest bet is definitely Buzzwole. With beast ring and Diance it's practically unstoppable. zoro garb as @Calcab mentions is a good deck right now as well. Espe garb (in my opinion) is still a good deck. Good luck at your tournament..... .

sylvarina

Aspiring Trainer
Zoroark/Lucario is possibly the worst Zoroark variation right now. Loses to the two most hyped decks (Lucario vs Malamar/Mew and Zoroark vs Buzzwole).
Garchomp/Lucario just doesn't have what it takes to survive a lot of rounds with a good score by the end of the day.
That said, I think Buzzwole and Malamar would be the best options from the ones you presented.
Nway, I think Zoroark/Garbodor is in a good spot as of now and I still think ZoroRoc is a good deck in the current meta.
I disagree with you about Zoroark/Lucario. It gets Diancie Prism and can easily OHKO Buzzwole and Ultra Necrozma. The worst Zoroark variant would be Golisopod, as it can't OHKO against Buzzwole and Necrozma

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
I disagree with you about Zoroark/Lucario. It gets Diancie Prism and can easily OHKO Buzzwole and Ultra Necrozma. The worst Zoroark variant would be Golisopod, as it can't OHKO against Buzzwole and Necrozma
Gollisopod has tech room that Lucario Doesn't

Christopher Shehan

Aspiring Trainer
People say expanded has become a boring format with all of the Zoro decks but if you ask me Standard is as stale as can be. The only thing that really seems to be worth playing is Buzz. Beast ring gives it even more power and potential, say you kill a Buzz they get another one ready to go immediately. So it's like beating your head into a wall. Mewtwo GX seems like it should have some potential especially paired with Malamar. GarboPod may be worth considering since you get to hit for both the Grass and Psychic weakness. Buzz is so efficient it is tough to figure out what is the best way to combat it.

Braiden1235

Aspiring Trainer
1 interesting thing that I am testing is Gourgeist it was a tier 2 deck but is very very strong because it is physcic also the new physcic rotom does 120 if u have 9 tools in your discard and u cant attack next turn which is very good against buzz and the likes

Christopher Shehan

Aspiring Trainer
Rotoms are fun, I have just had some consistency issues. Although I haven't tested with Mysterious Treasure yet. I feel like a deck that requires the opponent to get 6 kills is worth looking in to. It helps slow things like Buzz down

Braiden1235

Aspiring Trainer
Rotoms are fun, I have just had some consistency issues. Although I haven't tested with Mysterious Treasure yet. I feel like a deck that requires the opponent to get 6 kills is worth looking in to. It helps slow things like Buzz down
you only play 2 physcic rotom when i get home i will post my list in here you should try it out as it is very fun to play. i have also not updated it to play mysterious treasure and don't know if i will maybe a split of some sort