Help Best Computer Search-less deck for Dallas

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Currently, I’m planning on running Darkrai. From my playtesting I can beat NM and Trev, not sure about much else. The one match up I don’t think I can beat is Zoro/Quen. Keep in mind I have very limited knowledge of expanded. Thanks!

Currently, I’m planning on running Darkrai. From my playtesting I can beat NM and Trev, not sure about much else. The one match up I don’t think I can beat is Zoro/Quen. Keep in mind I have very limited knowledge of expanded. Thanks!
Zoroark variants, definitely. Zoroark/Vespiquen, Zoroark/NM, Zoroark/Lycanroc, and Zoroark/A-Muk are all valid options, and they all run Dowsing Machine. My personal favourite is Zoroark/Vespiquen, because of the higher damage cap, and ability to utilize Sky Field whereas Zoroark/NM can't, as well as having more options with Mind Jack. The deck can beat basically everything if played correctly. Zoroark/NM and Zoroark/Lycanroc would be my next favourites, Zoroark/NM for the possibility of an explosive T1, and Zoroark/Lycanroc because Bloodthirsty Eyes is just so good.

Sableye-Garb - Life Dew
Trevenant - Computer Search
Zoroark - Dowsing Machine
NM - Dowsing Machine
Gardevoir - Computer Search/ Scoop Up Cyclone

If you’re running Darkrai, Dowsing Machine acts as a 5th Dark Patch.

If you want to go to Dallas for your regional fix, since they are running Expanded, if you have any Sableye(DEX), and you're running Darkrai, why not make room for the Junk Hunter that Sableye is? With one dark energy, he can fetch Patches, hammers, among other types of items, from the discard, with no limit on usage unless it is KO'd???

If you want to go to Dallas for your regional fix, since they are running Expanded, if you have any Sableye(DEX), and you're running Darkrai, why not make room for the Junk Hunter that Sableye is? With one dark energy, he can fetch Patches, hammers, among other types of items, from the discard, with no limit on usage unless it is KO'd???
At this point the game is too fast to spend a turn using an attack as recovery.

Except it's going to get KO'd

Zoroark variants, definitely. Zoroark/Vespiquen, Zoroark/NM, Zoroark/Lycanroc, and Zoroark/A-Muk are all valid options, and they all run Dowsing Machine. My personal favourite is Zoroark/Vespiquen, because of the higher damage cap, and ability to utilize Sky Field whereas Zoroark/NM can't, as well as having more options with Mind Jack. The deck can beat basically everything if played correctly. Zoroark/NM and Zoroark/Lycanroc would be my next favourites, Zoroark/NM for the possibility of an explosive T1, and Zoroark/Lycanroc because Bloodthirsty Eyes is just so good.

Do you have a list for Zoroark/Vespiquen? I'm starting to playtest for Anaheim Regionals and I'm pretty new to Expanded. I know I want to play a Zoroark variant and am currently testing NM, but would love to try Zoroark/Vespiquen!

A strong counter to Zoroark GX is Parallel City which can limit their damage output.

You can run a Karen as a counter to both NM and Vespiquen decks.

Lastly, consider running Dowsing Machine as your ACE Spec.

A strong counter to Zoroark GX is Parallel City which can limit their damage output.

You can run a Karen as a counter to both NM and Vespiquen decks.

Lastly, consider running Dowsing Machine as your ACE Spec.
I couldn't find space for City :/

I do run Karen and still lost to @GekkisaiDaiNi 's, even after he dead-drew

I will, I just don't have a machine on TCGO, so my playtesting will use CPU Search, but at Dallas I'll run machine

Back