• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

[BCR-on] Wigglytuff XY / Slurpuff XY

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
Pokémon: 16

• 3-3 Wigglytuff (Pokémon XY)
    2-2 Slurpuff (Pokémon XY)
    1 Munna (Boundaries Crossed)
    2-2 Pyroar (Flashfire)
    1 Mewtwo EX (Legendary Treasures)
Trainers: 30

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    1 Pokémon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Evosoda
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Startling Megaphone
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Computer Search
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Training Center
Energy: 14

• 8 Fairy Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy
    2 Fire Energy

Strategy:

• The idea is to send out Wigglytuff to prevent the opponent's attacks, in attempt to get some free turns to set up more Pokémon and get some free prizes. Pretty simple strategy here. My card choices will explain the deck a little more.

Card Choices:

• Munna
    -
    We get to flip a coin every turn in attempt to put the opponent asleep, helping us even more with trying to get some free turns. Sure we risk getting tails, but that's what Slurpuff is for.

Slurpuff
    -
    Slurpuff prevents our Pokémon from becoming poisoned or put to sleep from Hypnotoxic Laser, which can be really helpful. In addition, it stops out Munna from putting our own Pokémon to sleep while we attempt to put the opponent in a tough position. If we ever don't have Slurpuff, we don't need to worry as Munna's ability is optional anyway.

Hypnotoxic Laser
    -
    Mostly here for the extra damage output from the poison. It also allows us another chance at putting the opposing Pokémon to sleep, so it works pretty well in this deck.

Muscle Band
    -
    Another attempt at increasing damage output here. Wondering if I should replace this with Hard Charm to help survive in combination with our Stadium card, or if any other items could fit in this spot.

Training Center
    -
    Helps survive longer, but not sure if it's worth the space. If the opponent's decks have evolutions, it gives them time to break through our turn-wasting moves. Not sure what to replace with if we do replace it. Preferably something that will help Wigglytuff last longer.

Pyroar & Fire Energy
    -
    We have quite the weakness to steel types, which I've seen quite a bit of on this forum actually. We also have the new steel types coming out in Phantom Forces that one must worry about. In addition to that, this helps get rid of Virizion EX, which can put an end to our sleep attempts. This also helps us deal with EX Pokémon better.
    - Also wanted to make a note about how Wigglytuff is able to search out Fire energy for Pyoar during the early game set up time.

Mewtwo EX
    -
    We know what this does and why it's here, considering we run DCE. Not gonna say anything else.

Hocus pinkus isnt a good attack, your opponent simply needs to retreat for another pokemon and attack , or even easyer, rush in and retreat and can attack with the same pokemon, also Wigglytuff with 3 energies and only 100 hp is going to be overkilled by mewtwo ex and yveltal ex even with the resistance. But whatever, if it works for you.

stormESP said:
Hocus pinkus isnt a good attack, your opponent simply needs to retreat for another pokemon and attack , or even easyer, rush in and retreat and can attack with the same pokemon, also Wigglytuff with 3 energies and only 100 hp is going to be overkilled by mewtwo ex and yveltal ex even with the resistance. But whatever, if it works for you.

Actually, it's better than Cobalion, the alternative. I recommend you check out Dragalge in this deck as to prevent this retreating problem. I would also recommend you to run Dusknoir to where you can move the damage off the active Pokemon of which you have locked, to where you don't lose the Wigglytuff.

I would just like to point out one thing. I used to play a similar deck for a long time, and while it was very fun, it got completely crushed in competitive play, no matter the deck list. If you're gonna play it, don't expect to win many tournaments, just play it for fun!

yeah im just gonna use this for fun. im working on other decks for competitive play.

Kecleon-X, I only have 3 trainer cards that poison, so Dragalge unfortunately won't trap for very long. This is one of the reasons I decided to try Munna in here, because sleeping pokemon can't retreat.

Currently looking for a way to deal with Keldeo EX better. Honestly, only thing I see is hope I get the sleep with Munna/hypnotoxic so I can try to trap it, then try to muscle band wigglytuff it.

(on a off-topic note, im working on another deck with Virizion EX and Munna, that's not really gimmicky. Will post a new topic when it's done)

SaiScott95 said:
Currently looking for a way to deal with Keldeo EX better. Honestly, only thing I see is hope I get the sleep with Munna/hypnotoxic so I can try to trap it, then try to muscle band wigglytuff it.

There is not too many things to do about Keldeo-EX... It is one of the many things imbalanced in this TCG.

The best way to deal with it is to quickly Megaphone it ASAP after it has got a Float Stone in it. Other than that, you will need to Lysandre / Catcher it and manage to land a Sleep with Munna or Poison with Dragalgae in game to keep it from retreating, involving a lot of luck.

Even then, you are only safe if they run only 1 Keldeo-EX. Many decks run 2 or even 3 (as I do with my Blastoise decks).

Other than that, this deck sounds a lot fun! Nice job putting it together.

Dang, and unfortunately there's no grass-type Pokémon that'll deal with it too easily without Grass energy being added...

Oh well, with some luck, Wigglytuff with a Muscle Band, along with Hypnotoxic Laser, will allow me to kill it in 2 hits, if I can keep it in.

Considering dropping Professor's Letter for another Startling Megaphone just in case I end up needing it. Wigglytuff can search out energy anyway, so...

SaiScott95 said:
Dang, and unfortunately there's no grass-type Pokémon that'll deal with it too easily without Grass energy being added...

Oh well, with some luck, Wigglytuff with a Muscle Band, along with Hypnotoxic Laser, will allow me to kill it in 2 hits, if I can keep it in.

Considering dropping Professor's Letter for another Startling Megaphone just in case I end up needing it. Wigglytuff can search out energy anyway, so...

Well, you could try to fit in a 1-1 Leafeon PLF line, since it attacks for 1 C or you could swap that 2 F for 2 Rainbows and add Tropius PLB, leaving Pyroar and Tropius able to attack.

Both Leafeon and Tropius are good counters against Keldeo-EX, If your Opponent has 4 (Tropius) or 5 (Leafeon) Energy attached to their pokémon, Keldeo-EX goes byebye. If you manage to poison it before attacking, then you will need 1 less energy on their Pokémon. Muscle Bands works wonders in this too. Most decks run Keldeo-EX as a tech and once it is dispatched, things usually become easy and you get to take 2 prizes while Leafeon and Tropius only lend one.

> Leafeon does damage for each energy attached to ALL opponents pokemon

HOLY CRAP when i first read it, for some reason i thought it said attached to the defending pokemon. glad i re-read it now xD

yup, definitely doing 1-1 Leafeon. no contest there.

Which Eevee do you suggest? I can't take advantage of the furious fists one's ability since i wont be running grass energy, so wondering if any older ones are better.

As your list says BCR-on, Eevee PLF 90 would be the better choice, having 60HP and his first Attack fetch up to 3 different Eevolutions from the Deck (in your case, only Leafeon).

If you go for Unlimited, there is 2 Eevee from before BW that might do nicely, both have 50HP though.

Eevee UD 48 has Call for Family that fetches a Basic right into the bench for 1 [C].
Eevee RR 59 has Signs of Evolution for no energy that fetches up to 2 eevolutions from the deck.

I really like Tropius best for this task, since it is a Basic, has more HP than Leafeon and requires less energy on your opponents to deal damage, at the cost of needing a [G]. But tell me what works best for you.

I'll probably test leafeon first, since im building a deck more focused on leafeon as well (decklist should be up sometime this week. im obsessed with deck building, so yeah xD)

But yeah, I want to travel and participate in a ton of events, so I'd personally prefer to have BCR-on so I know my deck is legal wherever im at.

thanks! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Back