• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

[BCR-on] Trevenant XY / Dusknoir BCR

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
Reference for cards in Phantom Forces:
Link: http://pokebeach.com/2014/08/phantom-gate-pokemon-ex-mystery-energy-az-spirit-link-card-and-more-revealed

Zubat – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Skill Dive: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1
------------------------------------------

Golbat – Psychic – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Zubat

Ability: Sneaky Bite
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon and place 2 damage counters on it.

[C] Barrage Fly: Does 10 damage to all of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat: 0

Crobat – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Golbat

Ability: Abrupt Bite
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon and place 3 damage counters on it.

[C] Skill Dive: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat: 0

Mystery Energy – Special Energy

This card can only be attached to a [P] Pokemon. This card provides [P] Energy only while this card is attached to a [P] Pokemon.

The Retreat Cost of the [P] Pokemon this card is attached to is [C][C] less.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a [P] Pokemon, discard this card.)

[19] Pokémon

• 3 Phantump (Pokémon XY)
    3 Trevenant (Pokémon XY)
    3 Zubat (Phantom Forces)
    2 Golbat (Phantom Forces)
    3 Crobat (Phantom Forces)
    2 Duskull (Boundaries Crossed)
    1 Dusclops (Flashfire)
    2 Dusknoir (Boundaries Crossed)
[28] Trainers

• Items
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Evosoda
    2 Hard Charm
    1 Computer Search
    Supporters
    1 Pokémon Fan Club
    4 Professor Sycamore
    2 Lysandre
    4 N
    Stadiums
    3 Training Center
[13] Energy

• 4 Mystery Energy
    5 Psychic Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

• The idea here is to get as much damage across the opponent's board as possible. Trevenant does this job pretty well by dealing 100 total damage, 60 to the active, and 20 to two benched Pokémon. Crobat's evolutionary line does this as well. When Golbat and Crobat first hit the field, they deal 20 and 30 damage (respectively) to the opponent's benched Pokémon. Not only that, if you ended up attacking with Golbat, you spread 10 damage across the opponent's entire board.

Now, small bits of damage everywhere is nice and all, but that doesn't kill anything now does it? This is where Dusknoir comes in. Dusknoir will move the damage anywhere you want, including benched EX Pokémon who are providing an ability the opponent is taking advantage of. If you have enough damage, there will be situations where you can knock out a benched Pokémon AND the opponent's active Pokémon in a single turn.

Unfortunately, this deck does require some set up, and Dusknoir is an obvious target for opposing Lysandres, forcing us to run a second Dusknoir and Duskull just in case we need it.

Another thing I would like to mention is that while Trevenant and Dusknoir are weak to Dark, Crobat is weak to Electric instead. This gives us a nice way to deal with Dark-types. Even if they resist Psychic-type, you still get that poison that can force a retreat or pile up damage. Electric-types just aren't as much of a problem since Trevenant, our best attacker, isn't weak to it. Also do keep in mind that you can throw your damage onto anything that threatens you, as resistance does't affect Dusknoir's ability. We also resist Fighting with our main attackers, meaning we can negate one of their +20 bonuses at least, which is nice.

Card Choices

• Crobat (Phantom Forces)- This Crobat is what inspired me to make this deck, along with the fact I wanted to make a deck around Trevenant without using the usual builds. The damage output upon hitting the field is nice, however, I'm considering replacing this with Crobat (Plasma Storm). Plasma Storm's Crobat, while it doesn't cause damage upon hitting the field, it does give the deck more draw power. It also has a higher damage output on it's attack, plus the 40 poison damage per turn may make your opponent want to retreat as soon as possible. That said, Plasma Storm's Crobat may be the better option.

Hard Charm- Along with Training Center, this helps our Pokémon survive an extra turn to help us increase our damage output. Yes, I'm using defense to increase our offense. This works especially well if we want to use Golbat's attack multiple times to spread damage across the entire board (which we will do if we don't get Crobat and have nothing we want to retreat to). I'm also considering Muscle Band for this deck, as making Trevenant hit that 80 mark would help in taking down anything with less than 170 in two hits on it's own. It would also make Plasma Storm's Crobat more devastating, sporting a base power of 60 with 40 poison damage per turn. This will also increase our damage output for playing around with Dusknoir's Sinister Hand ability.

Mystery Energy- It allows Dusknoir and Trevenant to retreat for 1 energy, rather than 3, helping us get out of there if we need to. Float Stone does this job better, but keep in mind Float Stone is an item which opposing Trevenant and Seismitoad EX can stop, and Startling Megaphone can get rid of.

RE: [BCR-on] Sinister Forest.dek (Trevenant / Crobat)

This looks like an awesome deck idea. Will definitely test this out in the future!

Do you plan to proxy some of the cards and test them IRL?

1:Slow down there, we still have to figure out Furious Fists' full potential 2:It does look like an interesting deck. We'll see what happens once the rest of the set is revealed

Shök said:
This looks like an awesome deck idea. Will definitely test this out in the future!

Do you plan to proxy some of the cards and test them IRL?
I'll definitely be doing some proxy practice as soon as my cards come in. I'm so new to competitive TCG that I'm missing literally every card I need for the deck, except Psychic Energies. Lol. So I'll be ordering everything when I get paid on Tuesday, then will test when the cards arrive.

I'm running the Plasma Storm Crobat line until Phantom Forces is released and will be doing a few games using them as proxies, while also testing out which Crobat I like more.

Speaking of, I updated my original post along with the deck a little. Be sure to re-read the entire post, as changes to the deck were made, and I re-typed the entire strategy section and card choice section.

Thanks! :D

Back