TCG Fakes bbninjas' Fakes - Knightly Nights Image-Based Set - 73.0% Complete!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
And here's the first two cards! I decided against bulking with maybe four or five as some of the near-finished art is getting held up due to minor details. :3

karrablast_nki_14_by_bbninjas-d9kazix.png
arcanine_nki_18_by_bbninjas-d9kaywm.png

Any comments on placement/wording/aesthetics/power is welcome. Art by @scattered mind and TsaoShin of DeviantArt.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Three more cards. Funnily enough, the fifth reveal is also the fifth card in the set!

minccino_nki_92_by_bbninjas-d9ki13o.png
nidoking_nki_46_by_bbninjas-d9ki1ca.png
nki_5_sceptile_by_bbninjas-d9ki1hr.png

Really happy with how the holosheet came out on the Sceptile! Art by myself, @scattered mind and Ishmam of DeviantArt.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
First, I must compliment you on your art. The combination of your traces, scattered mind's comic-book style, and ishmam's graphic style are perfect together IMO. :)

Second, though, I think you want Fury Attack to do 20x or 30x, but not both. :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
A card I put together today, now that I'm home from holidays.

starmie_nki_31_by_bbninjas-d9nj81n.png

Art by @PkMnC, and you can find the piece here. Unfortunately the Rainbow Jewel attack text looks really squished, but I couldn't find a way to fit in the [N] and [Y] symbols any other way due to justification mess ups. :/

EDIT: Fixed up the type icons and the attack placement. :3

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has decent/good quality plastic or clay Pokemon figurines which they can photograph as card art for me, much like the works of Yuka Morii. Any photographs would have to have good quality and lighting, but I can help you out if you're stuck in that regard. If you're interested, message me!

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
You should totally do that with Pokémon plush instead of (or in addition to?) figures so it's a bit more unique. :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I have a few, yeah (Pikachu dressed as Mega Audino and sleeping Mew are new and not pictured... I really should work on adding more to that thread...). I have some figures as well, mostly Kids and/or TCG figures.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I have a few, yeah (Pikachu dressed as Mega Audino and sleeping Mew are new and not pictured... I really should work on adding more to that thread...). I have some figures as well, mostly Kids and/or TCG figures.
Aw, none are in the set unfortunately. :/

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'd look through my figures to see if any of those would help, but you don't have a setlist. If I get less lazy, I might gather them up and take a picture for you, but they're kind of messy and scattered at the moment.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
You're using resized symbols on your attack descriptions? Try these instead! @Nekoban Ryo made a font with all the symbols, so just use it instead of pasting the symbols over the attack descriptions. You won't have to worry about leaving spaces for the symbols anymore!

Edit: I think this is also good addition to the resources revamp thread btw.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
masquerain_nki_7_by_bbninjas-d9nrw9a.png
golurk_nki_61_by_bbninjas-d9nrwsp.png

honedge_nki_71_by_bbninjas-d9nrx36.png

Art by @steffenka, @scattered mind and @scattered mind again; placements and spoilers by me and resources by @aschefield101. I'm really happy with the art of Golurk and Masquerain particularly - I dare say they are some of the best pieces by both artists! We've got a useful uncommon Golurk, interesting Masquerain and a Honedge that @Jabberwock wishes he could be.

Anyways, there may not be any more updates for a few days or so as I wait for more art to come in (I've only got one left presently). Meanwhile, I'll probably be working on my other projects (Resources Revamp, Sonic Heroes Playthrough, art + requests and fiddling with <???>.).

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
victreebel_ex_by_bbninjas-d9o3z32.png

Okay, I lied. I /am/ posting something... just not for Knightly Nights. I was browsing through some of the older cards only to discover that [old] exs would be really easy to make! As I really like the ex-era blanks in general and had always wanted to take a shot at one of these beauties, I quickly messaged a good friend who designed an awesome spoiler and I got to work! Also, shiny~

Placements by @bbninjas
Spoilers by GadgetJax
Blank by @AwesomeEevee / Metagross101
Symbols by @aschefield101
Art by bogeymankurt and background by @bbninjas

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I really really like that Ability! The card itself looks great too! :p

EDIT: You should make more for sure!!! :)

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
surskit_nki_6_by_bbninjas-d9qe1xf.png
braixen_nki_20_by_bbninjas-d9qe3ih.png

empoleon_nki_35_by_bbninjas-d9qe0np.png
clefairy_nki_75_by_bbninjas-d9qe2wv.png

Okay, I'm back on a roll! Empoleon would be our second Rare Holo (I think?). It's got some nice synergy with itself. As you can probably tell, there are three starter lines in the set - Sceptile, Delphox and Empoleon. I didn't mean too, but Surskit ended up being extremely similar to the Honedge, as I noticed when using Honedge's placements. The other two are relatively boring, but eh.

Art by @steffenka, @double o squirtle, ChicoCon and SSsilver-c; placements and spoilers by me and resources by @aschefield101.

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
surskit_nki_6_by_bbninjas-d9qe1xf.png
braixen_nki_20_by_bbninjas-d9qe3ih.png

empoleon_nki_35_by_bbninjas-d9qe0np.png
clefairy_nki_75_by_bbninjas-d9qe2wv.png

Okay, I'm back on a roll! Empoleon would be our second Rare Holo (I think?). It's got some nice synergy with itself. As you can probably tell, there are three starter lines in the set - Sceptile, Delphox and Empoleon. I didn't mean too, but Surskit ended up being extremely similar to the Honedge, as I noticed when using Honedge's placements. The other two are relatively boring, but eh.

Art by @steffenka, @double o squirtle, ChicoCon and SSsilver-c; placements and spoilers by me and resources by @aschefield101.
Weakness should be x2 on Empoleon, I think. :p

Also, Empoleon's name looks a few pixels too far up. Not sure about that, though. :/

Very nice batch of cards, overall, though, bb! :) And bonus points for not using the Braixen art I was planning on using.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Weakness should be x2 on Empoleon, I think. :p

Also, Empoleon's name looks a few pixels too far up. Not sure about that, though. :/

Very nice batch of cards, overall, though, bb! :) And bonus points for not using the Braixen art I was planning on using.
Wait.

You found Braxien art without telling me? D:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
m_lugia_ex_break_by_bbninjas-d9rhdzz.png

In response to:
If they truly wanted to bring balance to this war between EX, Megas, and Breaks, they should've made MEGA LUGIA-EX BREAK.

Pretty happy with how this turned out. It involved a bit of blank crafting, which was a first for me, as well as adding white outlines, which was a tedious first. n.n;

Mega Evo Box, EX Rulebox, Palette Swaps + Placements by me; BREAK Blank, Mega Rulebox + Symbolsheet by aschefield101 and art by TPCi/Pokemon