TCG Fakes bbninjas' Fakes - Knightly Nights Image-Based Set - 73.0% Complete!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hey buddy. Cool looking set. Good luck with completing it. Soon you will join the illustrious ranks of fakers who have started a set on this site and actually finished it, which to my knowledge consists of only me. Wish I could pull off that full art fanciness. What program do you use?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hey buddy. Cool looking set. Good luck with completing it. Soon you will join the illustrious ranks of fakers who have started a set on this site and actually finished it, which to my knowledge consists of only me.
Thanks PMJ! I believe a couple of people (Zygarde, Jabberwock) have completed an image-based set on this site, though I must say your set was the inspiration so my thanks goes to you! n_n

Wish I could pull off that full art fanciness. What program do you use?
I used a mix of the forgotten Corel PhotoPaint (for most placements, holosheets and texturing) and CorelDRAW (for the art, gold lines and the white outlines). All of what I did would be completely doable on Photoshop (and I presume GIMP) and probably more efficiently, too. >~<

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
mr__mime_nki_77_by_bbninjas-d9xa36z.png
misdreavus_nki_50_by_bbninjas-d9xa2y6.png
diantha_nki_99_by_bbninjas-d9xa3cy.png
horsea_nki_28_by_bbninjas-d9xa2r6.png

Yay for filler cards. Mr. Mime is designed in prospect of preventing VS Seeker + to give mills a better shot at things, since I don't like how VS Seeker gives consistent access to a bazillion different options. Diantha is the first Supporter of the set that should be a nice addition to stage decks with lots of Pokemon, especially Raindancers.

Placements and spoilers by me!
Super resources by the amazing @aschefield101
Mr. Mime and Horsea art by @double o squirtle
Misdreavus art by dorimi
Diantha art by Ken Sugimori + background from the SSB4 stage (thanks for the tip @Jabberwock!)

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Whoa. Diantha came out really nicely, and I could easily see that being a Supporter IRL.

A few things, though:

#Mr. Mime's attack name -> aligned with its Ability name.
#Misdreavus is the Screech Pokémon, not the Screem Pokémon.
#Not entirely sure about this, but I think 'a' -> '1' in Spirit Loss. I'm not accustomed to damage counter effects, though. :p
#Perhaps a 'you may' somewhere in Diantha's effect? Not sure about this one, either. :/

Also, I don't think I ever mentioned this before, but I really like that set symbol. How did you design and create it, if you don't mind me asking?

ReapThaWhirlwind

Aspiring Trainer
I believe the wording you're looking for is...

"Each Pokémon and Trainer card (both yours and your opponent's) can't be removed from the discard pile ."

or

"Each Pokémon and Trainer card in the discard pile (both yours and your opponent's) can't be moved to the hand, deck, or play."

...whichever you think is best.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Whoa. Diantha came out really nicely, and I could easily see that being a Supporter IRL.
All thanks to you! ^.^

#Not entirely sure about this, but I think 'a' -> '1' in Spirit Loss. I'm not accustomed to damage counter effects, though. :p
I'm not actually sure about this one... but I ended up changing the wording to something else altogether. Unfortunately I can't find a reference (help?)

#Perhaps a 'you may' somewhere in Diantha's effect? Not sure about this one, either. :/
You don't need to add a "you may" before something like "reveal" because since noone aside from yourself actually know what is in those 5 cards, the effect can be a "you may" anyways, since you don't have to choose all the cards.

Also, I don't think I ever mentioned this before, but I really like that set symbol. How did you design and create it, if you don't mind me asking?
I made the set symbol after I made the set logo, so that was my first step. To make the crescents I cut out a circle using an oval shape. I then duplicated that crescent a couple of times and rotated it a little, and then positioned. Finally, I add a white outline (that is, the circle) outside the symbol.

I believe the wording you're looking for is...

"Each Pokémon and Trainer card (both yours and your opponent's) can't be removed from the discard pile ."

or

"Each Pokémon and Trainer card in the discard pile (both yours and your opponent's) can't be moved to the hand, deck, or play."

...whichever you think is best.

I've though about the first effect before, and figured that I felt it was a little ambiguous or confusing, so I prefer not to use it. The second wording is an option, however I do like how the wording on the card includes everything, including any mechanics that aren't considered Trainers or Pokemon that could be released at later dates. Either way, there is a bit of freedom in this wording because there isn't a particularly reliable references.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
reuniclus_break_by_bbninjas-d9xeij6.png

Reuniclus BREAK leak?!?!!@?

I wish.

In all seriousness, when I first discovered this art I immediately noticed its potential as a BREAK piece and snapped it up immediately. The right gold filter and blending modes proved somewhat detail, as my original combinations made it look waaaay too much like jelly. Bleh. This card's effect is designed to go on top of the Reuniclus for this upcoming set.

EDIT: Afterward not afterwards

Reuniclus art by HitoriHime
Goldifying + effects by me!

Last edited:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
That's probably the most amazing BREAK card that I've seen, including the actual printed cards. The transparency effect on Reuniclus worked out super well.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
It looks amazing, it is indeed the best BREAK card I've seen!

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Welp, I looked at all the cards from every set going back to Primal Clash, and found exactly one that might help. Altaria ROS 53.

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw a number of cards equal to the number of Benched Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s).

While this is a completely different effect than the one you're using, it seems to suggest that the correct wording could be:

"Put a number of damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon equal to the number of Mismagius in your discard pile."

Only difference between that and the wording you have is the "a number of ...". Still not sure if it counts as confirmation, but it's the closest I was able to find. :/

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Welp, I looked at all the cards from every set going back to Primal Clash, and found exactly one that might help. Altaria ROS 53.

While this is a completely different effect than the one you're using, it seems to suggest that the correct wording could be:

"Put a number of damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon equal to the number of Mismagius in your discard pile."

Only difference between that and the wording you have is the "a number of ...". Still not sure if it counts as confirmation, but it's the closest I was able to find. :/

Wooo~ thanks for finding that reference! Dusknoir FLF seems to say that you don't need the "a number of" at the start, so I decided against it. :3

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've taken a shot at the beautiful HGSS blanks for the PB Faker's Marathon event, which is an event where the faking community attempts to make the most cards they can within seven days. I'm gonna dump the 10 cards I've made thus far right here:

aron___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_001_by_bbninjas-d9zwgqn.png
castform_sun___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_002_by_bbninjas-d9zwg8e.png
spheal___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_003_by_bbninjas-da09qc8.png
lotad___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_004_by_bbninjas-da09qoq.png
gastly___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_005_by_bbninjas-da09qq1.png
suicune___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_006_by_bbninjas-da09r5m.png
chikorita___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_006_by_bbninjas-da09ram.png
snorlax___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_008_by_bbninjas-da09ree.png
ledyba___the_pb_faker_s_marathon_009_by_bbninjas-da09rn3.png
phanpy____the_pb_faker_s_marathon_010_by_bbninjas-da09rng.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
...I really should get back to this. Fortunately I had 4 already made for situations like this. xD

trapinch_nki_58_by_bbninjas-da1yhwa.png
zoroark_nki_68_by_bbninjas-da1yicu.png
flaaffy_nki_39_by_bbninjas-da1yi4q.png
meowth_nki_85_by_bbninjas-da1yi8y.png

Most of these are your standard filler cards, however for Zoroark, I've been really wanting to make an Ability like that for a while now. I do think I pulled it off nicely, and it doesn't seem all too powerful since a lot of Abilities it could copy would be useless to it.

Trapinch and Meowth art by @double o squirtle
Zoroark art by shazy
Flaaffy art by DrManiacal

Last edited:

Purrloin

I like Zoroark's ability. I can think of a few cases where that'd be pretty useful.

(also the text for Zoroark's attack has a typo: the word any is misplaced)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
That is a really awesome looking Zoroark, and the Ability fits well too. The only thing I'd say is that the name "Sucker Punch" doesn't really seem to fit the attack, in my opinion. However, the attack itself is good! It makes a change from all of the DCE stage 1s you see in the TCG nowadays.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Strangely enough, that is actually the proper effect for Sucker Punch. You can see it on the original Liepard iirc. :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
doublade_nki_72_by_bbninjas-da7syaz.png
piplup_nki_33_by_bbninjas-da7syhf.png
golduck_nki_25_by_bbninjas-da7sz26.png
zorua_nki_67_by_bbninjas-da7syn0.png
I finaaaaally got back to this - sorry guys. I've been pretty caught up with making a certain Mega... but I'm having difficulty making nice effects for it. (So if you have any tips for that, it would be much appreciated!) Anyways, not much to say about these - they're mostly filler cards that are using art that I've had done for a while (whoops). You may be wondering why I'm using the Overeager Ability since Sableye Stormfront happened, but I think that with the lack of good donk combos and good attack on the Zorua, I think the Ability isn't too powerful. Besides, it's sorta like First Ticket but in Ability form.

Trapinch and Meowth art by @double o squirtle
Doublade art by @double o squirtle
Piplup art by @9Tailz
Golduck art by @JiJi-T
Zorua art by dorimi

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
tapu_koko_ex_by_bbninjas-da9becz.png

It's doooooone, and in giant HQ form! If any of you are watching my art thread, you probably would have guessed that I was making a new EX. Now, after a week of work, it's finally done! Presenting... Tapu Koko-EX! I'm not too sure how many layers this turned out to be, including the art, but I reckon it's somewhere around 200 or 300.

The spoilers are loosely based on a spoiler designed by @TheFlyingPidove. Shocking Ritual was a great idea from her, and the first attack was entirely my own. I discovered while making this card that Tapu Koko is not an overly reliable Pokemon in times of trouble. Whoever named it a guardian, I don't even know. I think a very defensive EX like this would be a nice addition to the card pool. It's quite versatile, as you can play a defensive game whilst recycling KO'd Pokemon with Shocking Ritual, or stall while setting up various Stage 2s without having an all too clunky deck.

On the artistic side, I reckon this is a significant improvement from my Gardevoir-EX FA. Both the art and the holosheeting are more dynamic, and hopefully looks a bit more realistic. I also took a shot at making a more interesting background, which I think went nice. No idea what I'm gonna do when I'm not using lightning stock, though. :v

Anyways, I hope you all like!

Placements + art/texture manip + texturing + holosheeting by me!
SUPERSIZE resources by the amazing @aschefield101
Lovely textures by @Nekoban Ryo
Spoiler by me, loosely based on a spoiler by @TheFlyingPidove
Art by me [link], traced from this art by Sliplack, on DA

Last edited:

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Oh my BB, that was amazing! If you hadn't told me it was fake, I wouldn't have noticed! You're really talented man! Great job to you and the team! ;)

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
It looks so good! Now this is a good fake. That second attack name though sounds a bit wrong :p As if it isn't meant for children's eyes...