'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Isn't the next set after MF the Carylex one? Or i am missing one in the middle?

No, that's right. Matchless Fighters (March 19th) will most likely be combined with Silver Lance and Jet-Black Spirit (23 April) to make our Sword & Shield 6 set (18 June).

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I would again like to complain about the incredibly large amount of cards in one set.

novadragon07

Lost in my own mind, please send help...
I would again like to complain about the incredibly large amount of cards in one set.

Not just that, the sheer amount of secrets and full arts as well. Don't get me wrong, the alternate arts on Empoleon, Tyrantiar, both Urshifu, and Mustard are stunning and amazing, but do we really need 22% of the set to be impossible to get? I'm getting really burned out trying to keep up, getting all of the reverses, full arts, secrets, and now alternate arts is becoming an exercise in futility. I have given up on opening boosters at all simply becauase of the sheer number of these cards that are only 2-3 in a box. Kind of makes opening boosters as a collector a total waste of money, not that it wasn't already.

I love the cards, I just wish completing the set was not a thousand dollar proposition.

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
I’m a bit saddened by the Swordbert and Shieldbert, it’s another Hop. If only it was on a coin flip instead... you could flip heads to get a Trainer like Crushing Hammer back and then flip again to try to remove an Energy. ;)
On a more serious note, I really would’ve loved a better way to recover Lillie’s Pokedoll.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
UPDATE: Someone posted a Full Setlist of Digitally-produced images of Battle Styles so the names of the Trainer cards are all confirmed.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I’m a bit saddened by the Swordbert and Shieldbert, it’s another Hop. If only it was on a coin flip instead... you could flip heads to get a Trainer like Crushing Hammer back and then flip again to try to remove an Energy. ;)
On a more serious note, I really would’ve loved a better way to recover Lillie’s Pokedoll.
Those weirdos were my second option aside Honey on completing my partial setlist

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
It's unfortunate that they didn't make the Devour Durant a Rapid Strike Pokemon so you can use Rapid Strike Energy to fulfill the [C][C] attack alongside Twin Energy, or they could've made it [G] similar to the old Durant that was [M]. If Durant was able to have 1 of those 2 things, I don't think it would be OP in the current state of the game, you even have Urshifu VMax coming in with an attack that does 120 damage to 2 Pokemon. I would say the support for a Durant deck (like the Trainers and stuff) is not as good as back then either.

Last edited:

Otaku

The wise fool?
So, probably not a bit deal by now, but I noticed some errors in the text spoilers:

• #1 Bellsprout: Leaves out that the attack does 10 base damage.
  • #3 Victreebel: Panic Vine's cost is [G], not [C].
  • #11 Scatterbug: Leaves out that the attack does 30 base damage.
  • #44 Electabuzz: Leaves out that the attack does 30 base damage.
  • #45 Electivire: Leaves out the base damage for both attacks.
  • #56 Grumpig: Leaves out the base damage for Dazzle Dance.
  • #59 Chimecho: Leaves out the base damage for Gentle Chime.
  • #78 Rolycoly: Leaves out that the attack does 30 base damage.
  • #79 Carkol: Leaves out the 100 base damage for Wild Tackle.
  • #109 Corviknight V: Leaves out the 20 base damage for Clutch.
  • #156 Corviknight V: Leaves out the 20 base damage for Clutch.
I hope this doesn't come across as nitpicking. Assuming I'm not the one with epic levels of reading comprehension failure, the reason I know this is I've been pouring through the scans and their translations. I very grateful Pokébeach still posts these! :)

Last edited: