Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Return
- Thunder Punch

This is a Mid-Speed TR team. How is it? It's been performing OK on showdown, but, as with anything, it could be better. Thank You in advance!!!

*CHALK INTENSIFIES*

In all seriousness, I think it's a solid build. Some suggestions:
  • Instead of Power-Up Punch on Kanga, try Hammer Arm. That way, you can "speed up" under Trick Room (it also does more damage). Also, I would suggest Ice Punch to deal with Lando-T, or Sucker Punch/Crunch for Ghost-types (having Scrappy before Mega-Evolving might also be a good idea).
  • Instead of Milotic, try Z-Bounce Gyarados. It's great at ripping apart bulky grasses like Tapu Bulu, and it can support the team with Taunt. With Intimidate, it's got great bulk, and under Trick Room you can go with Max HP to improve it. The only real drawback is the lack of recovery, however.
  • Instead of Scrafty, I would actually suggest Conkeldurr. It has better bulk, gets Guts to take burn/paralysis for the team, doesn't have a 4x Fairy Weakness, and also gets Knock Off. I would suggest Smogon's VGC 18 set, with Guts instead of Iron Fist:
    • Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
    • Ability: Guts
    • 36 HP/ 244 Atk/ 228 SpD
    • Brave Nature
    • IVs: 0 Spe
      • Drain Punch
      • Mach Punch
      • Knock Off
      • Ice Punch/Rock Slide
  • If you decide to stick with Scrafty, drop Swagger and replace it with Taunt.

I was thinking about using Malamar as my trick room setter instead of Cresselia in order to have more offensive pressure with superpower and its Contrary ability. Yay or Nay?

I was thinking about using Malamar as my trick room setter instead of Cresselia in order to have more offensive pressure with superpower and its Contrary ability. Yay or Nay?

I think Cress is still the better way to go due to her enormous bulk and ability to support the team with Helping Hand. If you want an offensive Trick Room setter, Reuniclus offers Magic Guard and Regenerator, doesn't care about intimidate or burns, moves fast in Trick Room, and has a solid attacking moveset and recovery.

Stakataka is also worth mentioning. It can also set Trick Room, is the slowest user of that move which makes it go first most of the time, and it has the strongest Gyro Ball in the game. Use one with a Lonely Nature and 15 or fewer Defense IVs; that way, Beast Boost will boost Attack instead.

Back