[Battle Roads] This is getting annoying.....RogueChomp's Report

RogueChomp

Team DBT
Yes its true. I'm back again with another report. I did better than last week but.....well you'll find out.....

So......this Battle Roads was in Brooklyn, New York and there were a bunch of people I knew (most of them came with us) like the Zhengs, Emmet, justin, iis. Bryan, and many more. Bryan quit pokemon after the Cities Marathons, so he had no clue about the format or anything. Just for funnies, and because he didn't care, we completed my KFV2 (Kingdra, Frillish, Vileplume, Victini) and gave it to him to play. He didn't really try, but he did better than expected. After I teach him how to play the deck, he beats Brendan. lol :p
Now on to the pairings......

Round 1: Zekeels vs. Zekeels

Now, if you know me well, you know I am a total beast at the Zekeels matchup. I nearly win every time due to my aggressive and smart playstyle. Well, this guy was a new player and I'm like, hey this is gonna be easy. Turns out, I get set up and the prize trade goes back in forth with my Terrakion. I don't get a supporter the whole game, or more basics, and he benches me with his Mewtwo. Such a bad game.....

0-1

Now I'm in supreme win-out mode. Go go go....

Round 2: Emmet w/ Donphan/Terrakion

I had no idea why he played Donphan but whatever. He Takes prizes with Terrakion and Ns himself into crap and Ns me into awesomeness. After I KO his Smeargle, Terrakions, and a Phanpy, I KO his Donphan and bench him. He dead-drew
but hey, luck is half the game....

The pairings take SO long to get up now.....Bryan is 1-1, iis and Aaron are 2-0 and justin was 2-0 I think.

Round 3: Noah Brandi w/ EX Corners

The deck was geared more towards Fighting types and Kyurem EX, but whatever. I Ko his Groudon and a short Mewtwo war begins. He cant get another Mewtwo and attempts to stall by bringing up things I just Catcher around. The game comes down to 2-4 prizes in my favor, and I pluspower KO his Mewtwo with mine for the game. Had I not gotten the pluspower, the game may have gone differently, but I still had a huge chance of winning.

2-1

Lunch Break! Coke and a Peanut Butter sandwhich= yay?

Round 4: ??? w/ Lando/Terrakion/Groudon

So many fighting type variants..... :/. He sets up Groudon while I use Spark Tynamo to spread damage. He has to Giant claw it since my Tynamo was eviolited :p. I eventually Kill his Groudon and his terrakions and the prizes are down 1-2 my favor once again. I have 2 Mewtwos with 90 each and I'm afraid he has the catcher so that he can KO my damaged Mewtwo with his Eviolited Terrakion. I had a DCE that I got off a Juniper, so I had the win (erm overkill) with that and a 2x Motor onto Mewtwo. When he has to Land Crush my Shaymin, I proceed to attach many energies to my Mewtwo via Motor and Manual attach and hit him for like (Lets see- (4+2+2+3)20-20) 200 damage. GG sir.

3-1

Oooooooooooooooh I won out AGAIN. I check the standings and I get......4th. AGAIN. Curse you Justin (who got 3rd place)! iis and Aaron made T2 (iis won)

Props:
-Getting 2 packs
-Getting Ok pulls in those 2 packs
-iis pulling a golden catcher
-iis trading his golden catcher for a Darkrai EX
-Now juniors, stare in awe at justintam's playset of Golden Catchers in his lando/Terrakion!
-KFV goin 1-2 b/c Bryan didn't feel like playing the 4th round :p He could have gone 3-1 but whatever
-Bryan trolling w/ KFV
-Getting 4th?
-Having fun?
-Win out!

Slops:
-GETTING 4th AGAIN
-Wiffing Victory Cup
-Losing to a new player with my easiest matchup
-iis pulling a Golden Catcher
-TOO much PACKWARS
-Emmet and Justin are annoying
-Emmet can't stop copying Sava's lists....
-Tired....
-Lugia/Terrakion I hate you

Remember kids: Smeargle Donk donks Mewtwo EXs T1. BAM!

4th Battle Roads- 4th place
Back again for my 3rd Battle Roads report! This was an.....interesting day. This is going to be pretty short, seeing there was only 3 rounds. Our drive there was chaotic; Ra2terra, iis, Frank Diaz, and Ra2Terra's dad (A.K.A Rob) in the same facility could only mean madness. I'll just skip right to the rounds (I was playing Zekeels btw):

Round 1: Durant

I cannot believe I lost this round. I got set up, and he had a really slow start, but my energies weren't getting discarded and I had to waste so many supporters. It wasn't even close. :/ Curse you Smoochum and your lucky flips......Funny how this was the guy I beasted with Mew2 at Regs.....
Once he did get set, I was pretty much done for. :( Pretty bad game......Oh well

0-1

Round 2: Bye Bye

This deck was really good, but since I went first, I totally beasted him. I played 16 plus powers and another 16 Crobat Gs and Donked his 2 Mewtwos T1 with Spark Tynamo. Aaaaw yeah. (I got a bye)

1-1 (I haven't gotten a bye in so long.... ; - ; )

Round 3: Random Water/Fire/Grass Shenanigans

I have NO idea what drives him to use water against my ZekEels but....ok! I pretty much steamroll him with Zekrom. Lol I thought he benched a Typhlosion Prime in the starting of the game, but he was really using Pokémon Communication.

2-1

So.....I somehow place fourth with a 33% resistance! iis got 3rd with 5 more resistance than me. Thats pretty much all I got for that report....

Props:

Going 2-1?
Getting 4th?
Chinese Food
Frillish annoys the heck out of Ra2terra
Me bluffing that I was playing frillish, but If I did, I probbaly would have done better.....
Ra2Terra not winning a single game but placing 2nd (Bye R1, iis scoops on purpose even though iis was going to win R2, lost R3)
Frank getting 2nd
The car ride
Watching our stuff
Flying Dice

Slops:

Getting 4th?
Losing to DURANT!!!!!
Smoochum!
Very little people
Car ride
We having to wait for Frank to finish Top cut
Getting a BYE!!!
Wiffing a Victory Cup by 5%.
iis getting 3rd

Second Batle Roads- Placed 1st
Hi guys! This is my report for my 2nd battle roads. My 1st battle road report is spoilered below, so check it out if you want to.

Today, Battle Roads was held out our usual league place, iisnumber12, Emmet, Justin and I get there before the store opens, so we're all standing around waiting outside in the heat for 5-10 minutes. After we get inside, I battle iis once with a fun deck then I start watching battles and I hand in my list for ZekEels . I trade a Secret Rare Pikachu from Rising Rivals and a Promo Zoroark for a Shiny Hydreigon, Juniper, Dark Patch, and N. Totally worth it. :D We have our lunch break 1st, as usual, and then the pairings are up!

Round 1: Justin w/ Lando/Terrakion

I know what Justin is playing and he knows what I'm playing. I go first and attach to my Mewtwo and get 2 tynamos. He T2 gets the Abundant harvest, and eventually I'm Mewtwo Sweeping. Eventually, he can't get any more energies in play and he wiffs the DCE to KO my mewtwo. When I have 1 prize left, I catcher 3 different Landori (lol) and Ko him w/ Mewtwo for the game.

1-0

Round 2: Forgot name w/ Zekeels

Turn 1 I Pluspower, junk arm for pluspower, catcher his 30 hp tynamo, attach {L} to my Tynamo, collector for a Tynamo, Zekrom, and a Smeargle and Ko his Tynamo with my Tynamo lol. :p Eventually, I'm destorying all of his attackers and eels while getting all of my draws off of portrait. I pretty much destroyed and I use Raikou EX to take the last prize.

Round 3; Anik w/ Donphan stuff

I T1 Mewtwo her Phanpy. I juniper like 3 {L} energies T1 and draw into more energies. I Ko her phanpy T2 and she gets out a Donphan and koes my zekrom which I had on my bench after another juniper and Dual Ball. I attach a DCE to my Mewtwo EX and Junkarm for a doble pluspower. I juniper into an Eel and Level Ball and I 2x Dynamotor on My mewtwo with now 6 energies and bench and OHKO her Donphan for the game.

3-0

Because of some person accidentally "cheating" in seniors, it takes around an hour for them to distribute a warning and get the round 4 pairings up. Meanwhile, Ra2terra and another kid are cursing at each other (other kid was aid to have cheated) while justin is singing "We Are Young". *facepalm*

Round 4: iisnumber12 w/ some crazy Zekeels list

He starts with 3 Junkarms and 2 Junipers in hand, which really sucks. Once both of our dekcs get going, I manage to wiff a Mewtwo around 4 times. Still a close game, but he won.

3-1

I have good resistance and I know I'm in T2. After me and iis are called for decks, my friends and I play pack wars and eat a buffalo chicken pizza for like 15 minutes. Then, top 2 begins.

Top 2 vs. iisnumber12 w/ Zekeels

Game 1:

I don't win. It was close, but I couldn't really keep up with the prizes. Very close though. Nothin much to say here.

Game 2:

Now you see, every time I go against iisnumber 12 on a 2/3, I win the last 2 games. This was no different. I beat him because he doesn't really draw anything and I'm pretty sure I kill his Eels. I think I blew up a Thundurus for the last prize.

Game 3:

I guess I got a faster start and I end up Koing his attackers. Eventually we are both Nd down to like 2 each and I have a Raikou EX and 2 eels out. I take a cheap KO and N away for the final couple turns. He has no way to recharge his Raikou EX, so I just keep drawing and passing. Eventually I get my Raikou EX recharged, I junk armed for a switch, and Volt Bolted his Shaymin for the game. GG sir.

4-1

In my packs I pulled.....a Reverse Holo Juniper (yay sorta). I also pull a Reverse Holo Venasuar (3rd one) and some other stuff. I trade a Reverse Piplup for an epic lightning energy, and I find a Dark patch randomly lying around. Fun. :p

Props:

Winning!
Trading
Pack Wars
Beating iis
1700 rating! finally....
Catchering 3 Landori
Annoying the judges
Tynamo Koes something
Omg I never win the first round :D

Slops:

Bad pulls in prize packs
Justin singing
Terrorist jokes that made no sense
Emmet getting 3rd jk
Robby vs. Robby

1st Battle Roads- Placed 5th
Sup guys. Yesterday was the 1st Spring Battle Roads and just because my ZekEels got completely unlucky at Regionals, I felt like playing ZekEels. Wasn't a bad choice, but with the mass amount of fighting variants.....it was a gamble. Ok, so we get there around like 10:30 and just scrambled around finding friends. Turns out, I knew 11 out of the 12 players in Seniors (Now I know all 12). We start at 11:30 after a lunch break and my first round opponent is......

Round 1: Blah w/ Straight Terrakion

I didn't know then, but my 1st round opponent was Blah. Anyways, the game is pretty much a stale mate for a while. I use spark Tynamo to set up Terrakion Kos, and I eventually the prize trade goes back and forth until we get down to our last prizes. I junk arm for a pluspower and play zekrom down. I needed to get an energy to win and of course, after I use Professor Oak's, I found out my last energy is prized. I could have junk armed for super rod then used Professor Oak'sx to get my pluspowere, but hey, I don't remember me EVER actually thinking or getting lucky during the first round of any tournament. lol.

0-1

Round 2: Cybertron/Aaron Zheng w/ MTC/CTM/CTTM/MTTC idk

Well, I start with Raikou EX. Wonderful. I go first attach and I think I got 2 Tynamos out. He Koes one and I'm pretty sure at T3 I KO his Celebi with Volt Bolt. He Koes my Raikou (I think) and I catcher, DCE, Pluspower, and Ko his Mewtwo with DCE with my Mewtwo. He returns the KO, and I Mewtwo, 2x Dynamotor, Dual Ball for Double Heads, Junk arm those pokemon for switch, then N away his hand. I have 1 prize left and don't draw a supporter. He attempts to Portrait my hand with his Smeargle, but no supporter. He couldn't return the KO because he couldn't get both a Shaymin and Mewtwo, so I kill his 3rd Mewtwo with a DCE, Catcher, and Pluspower. GG

1-1

Round 3: Ra2Terra w/ Zekeels

I kill his Eels and attackers. I jack up a Mewtwo for the final prize. The Zekeels matchup is so repetitive.....

2-1

Round 4: Mychael Bryan w/ Darkrai/Tornadus EX

Well, there goes my top cut. I look up at the standings and I'm paired up against the only 3-0. Fun.
Anyways, I wiff the Turn 2 Boltstrike by one energy, and I end up trying to paralyze his eviolited Darkrai. Eventually, I KO 2 Darkrais with Zekroms, but of course, I cannot KO the third one because I dropped the Terrakion tech the night before. Gah.

2-2

Standings:
I look at the standings and.....Hey look, I did a kyle and got 5th. Top 4 got prizes, and the person who got 4th pulled a Darkrai EX. That was just cruel. Funny how Mychael Bryan's resistance was like 37%.

Props:
-Seeing that 7/12 players there were from PokeBeach.
- iisnumber12 places 1st against all odds
- Met Blah kinda sorta
- Bagels!
- iisnumber12 and I naming our character in Platinum Rowan, our rival Rowan, and all of our Pokemon Rowan. Hilarious.
- Going 1st every round. TAKE THAT REGIONALS :p
- Making an epic T1-2 Darkrai Deck later that day.

Slops:
- Misplaying Round 1 + 4
- Wiffing a Darkrai EX by 1 place.
- Losing to a deck that I knew I would lose to.
- Seeing that there were like 5+ Terrakion variants there.

I'm probably going to edit in my next Battle Roads report if that's ok.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
RE: [Battle Roads] Pokebeach controls the tournament: RogueChomp's epic 5th place report.

Tough luck and good job, but you didn't win out like it says you do in your sig.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
RE: [Battle Roads] Pokebeach controls the tournament: RogueChomp's epic 5th place report.

blargh257 said:
Tough luck and good job, but you didn't win out like it says you do in your sig.

If my last round opponent wasn't Mychael, then I probably would have. Anyways, i did win out 2 rounds.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
RE: [Battle Roads] From Shiny Hydreigons to RH Junipers- RogueChomp's 1st place report!

Edited in my other Battle Roads report. Enjoy!

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
RE: [Battle Roads] From Shiny Hydreigons to RH Junipers- RogueChomp's 1st place report!

What are pack wars?

Nice job on 1st! Also happy to see Raikou is kicking butt like I thought it would!

RogueChomp

Team DBT

Brave Vesperia said:
What are pack wars?

Nice job on 1st! Also happy to see Raikou is kicking butt like I thought it would!

To put it shortly:
Everything is a Basic (yes even basics)
No energies.
Highest Roll goes first.
Try to kill all of your opponent's pokemanz
Tynamo always flips heads for paralysis.
And a million other random rules.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Looks like you don't always get bad luck at tournaments!

Also it seems like there is a low attendance in NJ.

Blui

lv85 paladin

^ Lol, I know that feeling, when I was playing in City when I versed Chris K. I burned one of his Durant, and he always flipped heads

RogueChomp

Team DBT

Glaceon said:
Looks like you don't always get bad luck at tournaments!

Also it seems like there is a low attendance in NJ.

Only half the time. :p
There were only 15 people at this one.

justintam0731

Mini Tam, a guy that lives in NJ

What does "Justin Singing" means

RogueChomp

Team DBT

It means you singing "we are young". Its pretty straight forward.

Pretty Boy Swagg

Snapbacks, BeatsByDre, G-Shock, Jordans, Hollister

robby was almost hurt... badly...

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Pretty Boy Swagg said:
robby was almost hurt... badly...

/me asks what happened?

Pretty Boy Swagg

Snapbacks, BeatsByDre, G-Shock, Jordans, Hollister

one of the robby's cheated... dont want to go into details

Rikko145

I put the "laughter" in "slaughter&

Because of some person accidentally "cheating" in seniors, it takes around an hour for them to distribute a warning and get the round 4 pairings up. Meanwhile, Ra2terra and another kid are cursing at each other (other kid was aid to have cheated) while justin is singing "We Are Young". *facepalm*

Madness. Madness I say. :p But good job in the tournaments! And may the odds be ever in your favor. ;)

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I would hope the incident got reported to Play! Pokemon. Cursing is suppose to be at minimum a warning penalty as per section 7.6.1 of the Tournament Penalty Guidelines. At our States we made a strict rule if you get caught cursing once its a warning. If you get caught a second time, you get DQ'd. We announced it at the players meeting. Everyone seemed fine with it.

Pokepower22

Ryan Moorhouse
RE: [Battle Roads] So close.....RogueChomp's 4th Place Report

Cool stuff,love the one you got first in that a Senior was "accidently cheating:p" its as bad as when my opponent's fingers got bit by another player making us have a time pause and the person who "accidently" bit them said it was his fault for not moving his fingers.Nice going anyways.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
RE: [Battle Roads] So close.....RogueChomp's 4th Place Report

Pokepower22 said:
Cool stuff,love the one you got first in that a Senior was "accidently cheating:p" its as bad as when my opponent's fingers got bit by another player making us have a time pause and the person who "accidently" bit them said it was his fault for not moving his fingers.Nice goign anyways.

this is what i heard happened: kid 1 vs kid 2. kid 2 wipes something off prizes. "accidently" sees prize. prize gives him the win. he takes prize. he uses that prize to win.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
RE: [Battle Roads] This is getting annoying.....RogueChomp's Report

Today I went 2-2 Losing to fighting type variants, unlike yesterday. Happily, I beat a Durant and a Darkrai Tornadus. I kinda just wanted to miss Sunday School :p
Not gonna go in depth.
R 1- Durant
I set up Zekrom and win. If I went first I would have donked
1-0
R2- Terrakion
I lose the prize trade. Nm there
1-1
R3- Donphan
2 words- Max potion
1-2
R4- Darkrai Tornadus
He thought I was playing LandoRakkion so he put down a Tornado EX. I beast him and take 4 prizes with Terrakion
2-2
Props:
Beating Durant and Darkrai
Beating iis's Lugia/Terrakion w/ my Smeargle Donk
Darkrai donked
Bryan wins a round with Frillish
Emmet wins somehow
iis wiffs cut b/c he scooped/gave the win 2 emmet even though iis won
4 pizza slices for 4 bucks
Winning the 1st Round!

Slops:
My worst spring BRs.....