• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Battle Road winning Ho-oh list.

Zangoose

Aspiring Trainer
Won BR's today with Boats and Ho-Ohs.

3 Ho-oh
2 Terrakion
2 Mewtwo
1 Sigilyph
1 Registeel
1 Tornadus EPO
=10

4 DCE
3 Fighting
3 Psychic
2 Metal
1 Lightning
1 Dark
1 Grass
1 Water
1 Fire
=17

4 Ultra Ball
4 Catcher
4 Switch
4 Juniper
4 N
4 Bianca
4 Energy Switch
3 Eviolite
2 Random Receiver
=33

Wreck Face. BDIF

spiritomb said:
He only has 2.

Might want to double check that.

3 Ho-Oh EX
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Registeel EX

>2
>6

wut

dmaster out.

I like how (including mine) there have been 5 posts on this and no advice. I don't know how to play this deck, so sorry about that Zangoose.

7 posts. No advice. O_O

As for the deck, I would consider dropping a metal energy for possibly a fighting energy. The reason is because the chances of you actually being able to use protect charge are pretty slim.

pokemonjoe said:
7 posts. No advice. O_O

As for the deck, I would consider dropping a metal energy for possibly a fighting energy. The reason is because the chances of you actually being able to use protect charge are pretty slim.

Nah, 3 fighting energy is better for the terrakions so they can land crush.

Project_Fedora said:
Nah, 3 fighting energy is better for the terrakions so they can land crush.
Uh what??? I don't exactly follow what you are saying but probability says that if you have 4 fighting energy, you are more likely to use land crush.

Words can't express how disappointed I am with the lack of advice in this thread. Everyone, make actual posts from now on, or I will issue warnings.

I've been playing this deck for a while actually, and I really enjoy it. My variant is slightly different, but the principle of the deck is the same. Here are my suggestions, take them or leave them.

-1 Tornadus
-1 Sigilyph
-1 Bianca

+1 Ho-Oh EX
+2 Tool Scrapper

Ho-Oh EX needs to be in your discard as soon as you can get it there. You also need to discard as many as you can to decrease the coin-flip factor. Maxing out Ho-Oh is a must in my opinion. I think you should add Tool Scrapper so Terrakion can OHKO Darkrai with Eviolite, not to mention, it makes the Garbodor match up better.

Also, if you are feeling adventurous, I'd recommend testing these Supporter lines.

4 N
4 Professor Juniper
4 Random Receiver

That's what I have been using and it works great. Not to mention, you get the extra two slots from dropping Bianca. You might want to fill them with Great Ball. One more quick thing Zangoose, can you edit in a strategy for this deck? A lot of people apparently don't understand how it works.

FUGGNUTZ said:
Implying that his Terrakion are not EX, he has 6.
This statement tells me he has 6 terrakion
dmaster said:
Might want to double check that.
3 Ho-Oh EX
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Registeel EX
>2
>6
wut
dmaster out.
you might wanna double check. Not one card has the "suffix" EX. So I don't actually see any EXES. The original poster needs to update his deck to better reflect what his deck actually is

Also vulix yolk I understand a ho-oh ex deck strategy. How am I supposed to give out advice or criticism if the original poster can't even spend the time to write ex on the end of the appropriate cards he/she is using. Ill give advice or criticism when he/she updates his/her deck with the right text.

spiritomb said:
you might wanna double check. Not one card has the "suffix" EX. So I don't actually see any EXES. The original poster needs to update his deck to better reflect what his deck actually is

you might wanna use common sense. There aren't any versions of Ho-oh, Mewtwo, or Registeel in the format without the "suffix" EX. So I think it wouldn't be difficult to assume that the ones in this decklist are in fact EXES. You should probably take a minute to think about what you're about to post next time to better reflect how intelligent you are trying so hard to be

As for deck fixes, I thoroughly agree with what Vulpix Yolk has suggested. A supporter line-up of 4 N, 4 Juniper, 4 Random Receiver guarantees a useful supporter every time and increases the amount of times you'll have Juniper at your disposal. Along with upping your chances of pulling a Juniper first turn, adding in that fourth Ho-oh makes the odds of a successful Rebirth even more favorable which is exactly what you want. Tool Scrapper is indeed a welcome addition to the deck as well for the exact reasons Vulpix Yolk stated. Also, I second the suggestion for swapping the second Metal energy for a fourth Fighting energy as it'll make Land Crush more reliable.

spiritomb said:
This statement tells me he has 6 terrakion

Also vulix yolk I understand a ho-oh ex deck strategy. How am I supposed to give out advice or criticism if the original poster can't even spend the time to write ex on the end of the appropriate cards he/she is using. Ill give advice or criticism when he/she updates his/her deck with the right text.
I have a feeling you're just trying to be difficult. The lack of the suffix EX hasn't stopped other people from giving advice, so why should it stop you. Maybe the poster should write "energy" after all their energy or "professor" before juniper to make it easier for you to understand.
OP: I would consider some Tornadus EX. They can attack for a single DCE for 60 damage, providing a stadium is in play. The only problem would be trying to fit a stadium in your deck.

I reccomend trying out Darkrai EX as a tech. Free retreat is very strong, also try cutting all 2nd copies of non-fighing energy and replace them with energy search that way you can find the energy you need easier. . If you run Darkrai EX cut the DCE and replace it with Dark energy and cut switch since you no longer need it. Replace those with at least 2 Tool scrapper in order to make Terrakion Retaliate Darkrai EX better.

Alternatively you can try running Rayquaza DRX (the shiny one) this makes your Garchomp matchup and Hydregion matchup easier, but you can't run any other techs as you shouldn't run more than 3 types of energy (in this case Fire lightning and everything else).

Vulpix Yolk said:
Words can't express how disappointed I am with the lack of advice in this thread. Everyone, make actual posts from now on, or I will issue warnings.

I've been playing this deck for a while actually, and I really enjoy it. My variant is slightly different, but the principle of the deck is the same. Here are my suggestions, take them or leave them.

-1 Tornadus
-1 Sigilyph
-1 Bianca

+1 Ho-Oh EX
+2 Tool Scrapper

Ho-Oh EX needs to be in your discard as soon as you can get it there. You also need to discard as many as you can to decrease the coin-flip factor. Maxing out Ho-Oh is a must in my opinion. I think you should add Tool Scrapper so Terrakion can OHKO Darkrai with Eviolite, not to mention, it makes the Garbodor match up better.

so basically you want him to have to use ho-oh as his starter in half of his games and to get wrecked by opposing sigilyph?

Also, if you are feeling adventurous, I'd recommend testing these Supporter lines.

4 N
4 Professor Juniper
4 Random Receiver

That's what I have been using and it works great. Not to mention, you get the extra two slots from dropping Bianca. You might want to fill them with Great Ball. One more quick thing Zangoose, can you edit in a strategy for this deck? A lot of people apparently don't understand how it works.

i highly recommend using this supporter line as well. 4 random receiver is a staple no matter what your supporter line-up is in ho-oh decks; the 4 4 4 line is essentially allowing you to run 6 Juniper 6 N.

ryuninja said:
so basically you want him to have to use ho-oh as his starter in half of his games and to get wrecked by opposing sigilyph?

i highly recommend using this supporter line as well. 4 random receiver is a staple no matter what your supporter line-up is in ho-oh decks; the 4 4 4 line is essentially allowing you to run 6 Juniper 6 N.

Terrakion handles Sigilyph.

What about tornadus and terrakion then. My point is if the op was to lazy to write the obvious ones, then how do I know the less obvious ones, let alone how do I know this deck is actually b+w and on. How do u Pokemon Joe know I'm being difficult? I care about the results of this deck. Especially since I built it too. And it seems ur being sarcastic which is a waste of a post and thus against the rules to flame.
bagleopard said:
you might wanna use common sense. There aren't any versions of Ho-oh, Mewtwo, or Registeel in the format without the "suffix" EX. So I think it wouldn't be difficult to assume that the ones in this decklist are in fact E ES. You should probably take a minute to think about what you're about to post next time to better reflect how intelligent you are trying so hard to be

As for deck fixes, I thoroughly agree with what Vulpix Yolk has suggested. A supporter line-up of 4 N, 4 Juniper, 4 Random Receiver guarantees a useful supporter every time and increases the amount of times you'll have Juniper at your disposal. Along with upping your chances of pulling a Juniper first turn, adding in that fourth Ho-oh makes the odds of a successful Rebirth even more favorable which is exactly what you want. Tool Scrapper is indeed a welcome addition to the deck as well for the exact reasons Vulpix Yolk stated. Also, I second the suggestion for swapping the second Metal energy for a fourth Fighting energy as it'll make Land Crush more reliable.

pokemonjoe said:
I have a feeling you're just trying to be difficult. The lack of the suffix EX hasn't stopped other people from giving advice, so why should it stop you. Maybe the poster should write "energy" after all their energy or "professor" before juniper to make it easier for you to understand.
OP: I would consider some Tornadus EX. They can attack for a single DCE for 60 damage, providing a stadium is in play. The only problem would be trying to fit a stadium in your deck.

spiritomb said:
What about tornadus and terrakion then. My point is if the op was to lazy to write the obvious ones, then how do I know the less obvious ones, let alone how do I know this deck is actually b+w and on. How do u Pokemon Joe know I'm being difficult? I care about the results of this deck. Especially since I built it too. And it seems ur being sarcastic which is a waste of a post and thus against the rules to flame.

^ If this is a deck in battle roads currently, then it MUST be bw-on. Anyways, as I enjoy it when people have qualms about spelling and being extremely discriptive, why not say which sets every card comes from (someone else posted this also... ) But since we're all here for the Joys of Ho-Oh...

I'd suggest boufflants over sygliphs. they have a lovely wall built in, and with evolite, things just stop hurting so much. He is also an EX trader, like a terrakion, other than you can use any energy on him.

- replace sygliphs with boufflants

(I know with a syg you can take out certain decks, and if in your area they all use EX's, then go for the syg, but it not the bouff is the better choice I believe

Back