Battle Maison Doubles Team

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Hey guys, I want to post the team I actually use in the Battle Maison Doubles, and I really appreciate your comments and advices on how I can improve my team :)

This team is built to inflict much damage as possible as quickly as possible; it's formed by 2 physical attackers and 2 special attackers and it reached 77 consecutive victories (I didn't had problems against legendaries, I lost due to inattention).

Here's the team:

kangaskhan.gif
----->
kangaskhan-mega.gif

Kangaskhan @Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy / Parental Bond
EVS: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
-Power-Up Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Return
-Fake Out

The first Pokémon I use is (M-)Kangaskhan, and it's teammate is Greninja(*).
This is a pretty common set for M-Kangaskhan, and it works very well, of course!
1st) option: I use to m-evolve and Fake Out on the first turn to let my opponent flinch and hit twice with Parental Bond.
2nd) option: When I face a ghost Pokémon, I use to not m-evolve and hit it with Fake Out (thanks to Scrappy ability) and let him flinch on first turn, and finish it off in the second turn with Return, and then I m-evolve after my ghost opponent is exhaust.
3rd) option: When I face a Pokémon who's weak to Fighting type I use to m-evolve Kangaskhan, let Greninja (who is fast as hell and easily outspeeds my foes) use Mat Block to protect both my Pokémon and then use Power-Up Punch to hit with a supereffective (although weak) attack and boost my Attack by 2 stages thanks to Parental Bond ability.
Sucker Punch is great thanks to priority, and Return is devastating.

greninja.gif

(*)Greninja @Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVS: 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 Defense
Nature: Timid
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Extrasensory
-Mat Block

Greninja is fast, Fast, FAST!!! Plus, it's Special Attack is really remarkable and Protean ability makes its attacks even more formidable! Mat Block on first turn is a free check, plus I can protect my M-Kangaskhan while it uses the weak Power-Up Punch to boost its Attack. Ice Beam is great against Dragon, Flying and Grass Pokémon, it could freeze my opponent. Scald is a great move even against Pokémon who are not weak to Water, it can burn my opponent making it's Attack drop down. Extrasensory is very good against Fighting Pokémon (so I can protect my M-Kangaskhan) and it can make my opponent flinch.

These two Pokémon, together, make holes in the ground!
And these are the other two Pokémon I use for the late game:

volcarona.gif

Volcarona @Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVS: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Special Defense
Nature: Timid
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic
-Fiery Dance
-Quiver Dance

Volcarona is fast, I like its Special Attack and its bulky Sp.Def. Bug Buzz destroys Psychic, Dark and Grass Pokémon, Fiery Dance is great against Grass and Ice Pokémon (it can also boost my Sp.Atk) and Psychic is for coverage. If the circumstances allow me, I Quiver Dance and then destroy my opponent!

dragonite.gif

Dragonite @Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVS: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-ExtremeSpeed
-Fire Punch

Late in the game, Dragonite is absolutely the boss. Plus, if the opponent is burned (by Scald or Flame Body), it will be in serious trouble thanks to Multiscale: its attacks will not make a scratch to Dragonite, and supereffective attacks will raise my Attack and Speed thanks to Weakness Policy! ExtremeSpeed has priority so I can fastly finish faster opponents who are already heavily damaged, Waterfall and Fire Punch are great for coverage, Outrage is the ultimate weapon to inflict heavy damages and win before confusion!

So... guys let me know what you think about this team! :)

I have nothing really to say, but the fact that you're running Outrage on Dragonite. I am no VGC pro, but I had a few hours on smogon getting used to it, and outrage is just an invitation to switch out into a fairy and 2HKO (because of multiscale)
I'd recommend instead to use Dragon Claw or Dragon Rush (if he can learn it) to be on the safe side

UltimateInferno said:
I have nothing really to say, but the fact that you're running Outrage on Dragonite. I am no VGC pro, but I had a few hours on smogon getting used to it, and outrage is just an invitation to switch out into a fairy and 2HKO (because of multiscale)
I'd recommend instead to use Dragon Claw or Dragon Rush (if he can learn it) to be on the safe side
I always use Dragonite as my last resort and I use Outrage only when I know that my opponent can't stop it. It's usually my last resort because, late in the game, with Multiscale and Weakness Policy, it's so hard to beat and it can hit very hard ;)

Greninja is really better off holding Life Orb because there are situations when you won't be able to hit the foe with a supereffective attack, particularly since you are using Mat Block. This is also better because Greninja's defenses are bad where it can't take a hit.

Dragonite is really better in singles because in singles it can run an effective DD set with Weakness Policy. I'd really say to try out Tyranitar or Garchomp. Garchomp has the Speed that Dragonite lacks and still has lots of power.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Earthquake
Dragon Claw / Outrage ( Your choice, but I prefer Claw since you choose the target and can switch moves if needed )
Rock Slide ( hits both opponents )
Protect

King Arceus said:
Greninja is really better off holding Life Orb because there are situations when you won't be able to hit the foe with a supereffective attack, particularly since you are using Mat Block. This is also better because Greninja's defenses are bad where it can't take a hit.

Dragonite is really better in singles because in singles it can run an effective DD set with Weakness Policy. I'd really say to try out Tyranitar or Garchomp. Garchomp has the Speed that Dragonite lacks and still has lots of power.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Earthquake
Dragon Claw / Outrage ( Your choice, but I prefer Claw since you choose the target and can switch moves if needed )
Rock Slide ( hits both opponents )
Protect
I'll try Life Orb on Greninja and I'll try this Garchomp, thank you! :D

Back