Discussion Banette (Ancient Trait) / Garbodor

Ayush

Aspiring Trainer
Ever since the scans came out for Banette, I was very excited to see this thing in action. At first, I was considering to play this with Crobat. But then I realized that the deck it should be in is one that can shut down a ton of things. So I think that Garbodor is the perfect partner for it. The fact that it can be set up turn one is huge. It shuts down Bats, Pyroar if the player did not get a Wally, Trevenant, and so many other stage ones that decks rely on. Even this deck. The one thing that this deck has a problem with is that Banette has nothing but a mere 90 HP. However, I have thought of a way to counter this. I decided to put in Training Centers into the deck. I can post my decklist if you guys like, but I want to hear the potential that this deck could have and how popular it will be.

It is an interesting card. Though it seems like it would have a hard time competing with current meta decks. While the meta is going more toward Mega Evolutions. The regular Ex pokemon will be more than enough to deal with Banette. It might be interesting with turn 1 wally, and use it to stall while you build up ur bench. Though there are probably better pokemon for that job.

In terms of the suggested deck, Evosoda would become your go-to workaround for Evolution Jammer in the Mega department. EJ only makes evolving from hand impossible, but since the deck is not your hand, evolving from deck is not affected by AT Bannete's move. So in essence, AT Bannete will only work if the other deck does not have an Evosoda in his/her deck...

But the thing is, Evosoda both does not activate Spirit Link and is something that is seldom seen in decks, meaning you are very unlikely going to see it as a tech.

But the thing is, Evosoda both does not activate Spirit Link and is something that is seldom seen in decks, meaning you are very unlikely going to see it as a tech.

I thought spirit link cards worked even if you Evosoda'd to get the mega. The Spirit Link doesn't specify you need to mega evolve from the hand.

That's correct; it only says that if this Pokemon evolves your turn doesn't end, meaning that you could Evosoda it.

...Not that I see Evosoda at all because of Toad EX, but that's a different story.

Could I somehow put in a Toad or 1-1 tree into the deck? the trees could benefit from wally

Could I somehow put in a Toad or 1-1 tree into the deck? the trees could benefit from wally
You could put them in the deck, but I do not think it is overly worth it. You could very well end up using Toads or Trees more than Banette Dx. Also Garb shuts off Trevenant

I'm pairing Banette now with Malamar, Toxicroak, and Dragalge, but haven't had any plays with it since integrating DX Banette. In theory, it sounds like a good idea and I have Training Centers in my deck as well. Hopefully we'll both have success with it, or obvious flaw visibility for tweaking!

Back