• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Balboa's Rainbow MD-TR (Cities, Senior)

Balboa

Aspiring Trainer
-.:21:.-
2-2 Luxray GL LvX
2-2 Garchomp C LvX
2 Uxie
1 Toxicroak G PROMO
1 Toxicroak G
1 Skuntank G
1 Honchkrow G
1 Roserade GL
1 Ambipom G
1 Bronzong G
1 Crobat G
1 Chatot
1 Azelf
1 Ditto

-.:30:.-
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Energy Exchanger
3 Pokémon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
2 Aaron's Collection
3 SP Radar
4 Poké Turn
3 Power Spray
4 Energy Gain
2 Pokemon Contest Hall
1 Junk Arm

-.:9:.-
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 [L]
2 [P]

This is my version of LuxChomp. I really don't like LuxChomp, it bores me. So, I thought about looking for some funny techs to put in my SP deck, I playtested with them and results surprising me.
Now, I explain you how can I win against other decks:

LuxChomp (a sort of mirror):
I'm speedier than him. I use Pokemon Contest Hall and I block his Smeargle with Roserade. Honchkrow helps me with the spread, and if I have bad starts I use him for getting Contest Hall and what I need. Ambipom and PromoCroak are great for this match.

GengarPlume/Vilegar:
Easier than what you may think. Altought I don't play Blaziken and/or Dialga, with Contest Hall I can use E-Gain, Collector isn't so needed as without the Contest Hall and I'm very teched against this deck. With a Bright Look and a Flash Impact I do 60 damage, then with Honchkrow I can continue the spread. If I'm lucky, with Garchomp. Ditto is also great for easy knock outs on Spiritomb and Uxie/Azelf.
I use also Chatot for consistency and for refresh my hand if I have too many trainer cards, at for do the epic Chatter Lock, that helps me to gain time if my setup is slow.

Mono Machamp/Machamp tech in other decks:
Not very difficult match-up. If they use Smeargle, I use Roserade for having ToxiTank with Contest Hall ASAP. If not, I give them some easy prizes, as Uxie or other. Honchkrow helps my setup. ToxiTank is the best Machamp counter imho, if they aren't lucky with Hurricane Punch they lose with no problems. I don't play Lucario because I don't like it, it's often a dead draw.

I use the mono Junk Arm only when I need it, more than one are too many.

Sorry for my bad English, but I'm Italian and I don't speak your language very well :D

Waiting comments!

The Luxchomp match is flawed. If you play Pokemon Contest Hall, they can use it as well and get set up just as fast as you (if not faster). I find the Stadium highly flippy and I would focus on Galactic HQ instead IMO, since it's great against those Evolution decks. I would also probably take out a Junk Arm or an Energy Gain for a fourth Power Spray. Spray is absolutely essential in Luxchomp (which this is basically a Luxchomp Toolbox deck).

dmaster out.

@dmaster:
I don't know. PCH works great here, with this stadium my setup is faster and I can find quicker my Energy Gains. Maybe Galactic HQ might be good, but it doesn't help me. And I win against Gengar with other cards, Galactic HQ isn't so needed.
I have to test about taking out the mono Junk Arm.. no problem about E-Gain (with so many techs 4 is a must), but I have to test for decide about Junk Arm.
Thanks a lot however!

Back