Back To You — Understanding Kyogre

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! At the recent Knoxville Regional Championships, Kyogre resurfaced once again by taking second place. Although I wish I was the one making that run, I’ll be discussing this Kyogre deck today. I have a special relationship with Kyogre, as it is the deck responsible for a few of my best and worst tournament finishes simultaneously. This speaks to its somewhat questionable consistency, but the deck is undeniably powerful and has an incredible matchup spread in the current format. Kyogre is difficult to play and to play against, and it often catches opponents off guard.
CEL_EN_3.png

Recently, Kyogre has not been doing too well in the Paradox Rift format. This is mostly because people have not been playing it, as it was not good against...

Continue reading...

I may be stupid, but how do you guarantee you do big damage with kyogre or is it just luck?
Late game once your deck is down to near 0, you can use Energy Recycler and/or Super Rod(s) to fill your deck with Energy. Then you'll have a good chance if not a guarantee that you'll hit a certain number of Energy.

Last edited:
Late game once your deck is down to near 0, you can use Energy Recycler and/or Super Rod(s) to fill your deck with Energy. Then you'll have a good chance if not a guarantee that you'll hit a certain number of Energy.
Oh I see that makes a lot of sense thank you

I am used to playing a similar list, but the inclusion of mawile is a interesting choice but I see why you play it.

Back