• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby Blacephalon

Gymmy

Aspiring Trainer
So guys, I've been trying to build a Blacephalon deck lately and was trying to figure out the best list to make it run as smooth and consistent as possible. Also, wanted to try a couple cards as backup attackers that might be helpful in certain situations. This how the list looks currently...

Pokémon - 15

* 1 Cramorant V SSH 198
* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 4 Blacephalon UNB 32
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Zacian V SSH 138
* 1 Marshadow UNB 81
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75
* 1 Oricorio-GX CEC 95
* 1 Heatran GX UNM 25

Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Switch CES 147
* 4 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 1 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 4 Welder UNB 189
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 1 Ordinary Rod
* 2 Energy retrieval

Energy - 17

* 17 Fire Energy SMEnergy 11

My main doubts regard the pokemon lineup obviously. I even thought about 1 x Volcanion to help me setup or Ninetales V.
As regards the trainer cards/energy count, should I up the energies some more and get rid of retrieval or the other way round?
Let me know what you guys think!!!

Last edited:
I know some people have cut down on Fire counts to go up to 3-4 Retrieval. Considering Stellar Wish is your main out to Energy, I'd be inclined to think heavy Retrieval counts are better, but I also don't play Blowns and could easily be wrong. I've also seen players running more than one Cram since Spit Shot is super bust and if you whiff the T1 Fireball Circus, Beak Catch is a really good T1 option. Beak Catch also baits an early Stamp/Marnie, which is better than getting hit by them late game.

Other than those two points of insight, it's... a Baby Blowns list.

I'm gonna try uppong the energy count first and then try the other option as well, thanks! Other than that, what do you think about the pokemons choice?

I'm gonna try uppong the energy count first and then try the other option as well, thanks! Other than that, what do you think about the pokemons choice?
I never really thought Heatran was necessary since your Blowns are more than likely being KO'd every turn, so it's pretty rare you actually get enough Energy on the field to Hot Burn. And if they aren't being KO'd, then you can usually just keep taking KOs. If you like having Heatran for Hot Burn I'd say cut the Victini V, but I think Spreading Flames is good late game, and assuming you attack with it, only needing two Energy instead of 3 can make a difference when Energy conservation matters a lot. Everything else seems good.

So what I'm gonna do is get rid of Heatran and add one more energy retrieval... other than that, any other change? Do I need great ball in this build or a copy of reset stamp?

I haven't played with the deck post rotation but I know pre rotation that the tini was basically exclusively for control so it doesn't seem good here IDK.

I haven't played with the deck post rotation but I know pre rotation that the tini was basically exclusively for control so it doesn't seem good here IDK.
List has been updated. I got rid of Victini V as you all suggested and added one more retrieval... any other tech I should be including?

Back