• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Baby Blacephalon (Pre-Rotation)

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
I know there have been a lot of threads about this deck, but I think this deck will be better before the rotation, so I made a list, and I would love some criticism to make it better. I’m using this deck IRL, so I’m using some budget alternatives. Thanks for the help!

#****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
4 Blacephalon UNB 32
1 Turtonator DRM 50
4 Welder UNB 189
4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
4 Fire Crystal UNB 173
3 Wishful Baton BUS 128
2 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
3 Fiery Flint DRM 60
3 Beast Ring FLI 102
2 Pokegear 3.0 UNB 182
3 Ultra Space FLI 115
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
2 Cynthia UPR 119
1 Heat Factory Prism Star LOT 178
1 Pal Pad UPR 132
1 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Lusamine Prism Star LOT 182
1 Guzma BUS 115
3 Nest Ball SUM 123
14 Fire Energy 2
1 Beast Energy FLI 117

Adding Explanations in a Spoiler. Thanks!

Most Baby Blacephalon decks use a single copy of Blacephalon GX, but I needed a budget alternative, so I chose this.

Fireball Circus costs 3 Fire Energy, so Welder helps get the energy on,as well as providing decent draw support.

Since you have no ability Pokémon, you can use this to search out whatever Trainers you need, from Welder to Ultra Space.

Fire Crystal is one of the best ways we currently have to recycle Fire Energy, as well as returning the Energy to your hand, so why not.

Even with Welder, it can be hard to get three energy on a new Blacephalon, so Batons help move your other Fire Energy.

Although Fire Crystal is more powerful than this, you can only have 4 Fire Crystal, so a couple extra ways to recycle Energy can’t hurt.

This is a really good way to search Fire Energy, and you can discard energy with it, and then recycle it.

After your opponent has taken out a couple Blacephalon, you can accelerate a bunch of energy to your Blacephalons.

This helps search out Supporters, including key Supporters like Welder and Green’s Exploration.

This gives a consistent way to search out Blacephalons.

Sinec you can only have 4 Blacephalon, Stretchers are a good way to recycle them, as well as Turtonator.

This is pretty much the best draw Supporter in Standard right now.

A good way to draw extra cards.

A good way to recycle Supporter cards, especially Welder.

Just a tech card that can get rid of Tools or Stadiums that help your opponent.

After your opponent takes a few prizes, you can give immunity to your Blacephalons, but note this won’t work on Turtonator because it’s not an Ultra Beast.

A card to target a weak of energy loaded Pokémon on your opponent’s bench.

This card can search out all of your Pokémon for free.

Pretty self-explanatory. You need this to meet Blacephalon’s attack costs and to do damage with Fireball Circus.

A way to do extra damage with Blacephalon.

Last edited: