BW/BW2 B/W Pokemon based on?

keannofausto

mijumaru lover.
Lots of the new Black/White pokemon are based on real-life animals, mythologies and objects. For example, Koromori is based on a Honduran bat.

Post your speculations here on the other known Black/White pokemon, and what you think they're based on. (Thanks oakbark!)

TRANSLATE:

Lots of the new Black/White pokemon are based on real-life animals, mythologies and objects. For example, Koromori is based on a Honduran bat.

Post your speculations here on the other known Black/White pokemon, and what you think they're based on.

Hahaha! So that's what Koromori is eh? I actually have no Idea whats this Kibago. Maybe a beastly Tusk Dragon a.k.a Mythical Creature.

I got banned for some reason?This is my account for the moment.If PMing me .Please PM to this account. ^.^
Musharna is either based from an "ant eater" or "Tapir"

it seems like minazumi is a syco bever,rankurusu is a goast with its body inside of it,BUT gochiruzeru is like a girl walking out of church.

we have some WEIRD pokemon

I've read somewhere that Rankurusu is based of a water bear. A water bear is a microscopic organism that "crystallizes itself in sugar" when it's environment is unfavorable, and they are the only organisms known to man that can survive the vacuum of space (they even laid eggs). I knew what a water bear was before I heard that and I don't really see it.

I personally think it's more of a homunculus rather than a water bear, due to its human-ish form and "alchemical" appearance.

Oakbark! translate cause i olny heard water bear.thx thats all i need

ok how do i get the egg i got from flotzel.net to my signature!!!!!! do it for Zu Zu

achernar said:
i'd like to know what Musharna is based from

A malayan tapir
malayan_tapir_2.jpg

For the rest I think:
Tsutaja = vine snake
green-vine-snake--oxybelis-fulgidus.jpg

Pokabu = Hampshire pig
scrivphoto%20Pig%20Champion001blog.jpg

Mijumaru = Sea otter
sea-otter.jpg

Chiramii = Chinchilla
Royal-Persian-Angora-Chinch.jpg

Mamepato = Feral pidgeon
pigeon_large.jpg

Hihidaruma = Gorilla
rare-gorilla.jpg

Shimama = Zebra
zebra-0003.jpg

Meguroko = Nile crocodile
nile-crocodile_ngr-1965.jpg

Minezumi = Gerbil?
stock-photography-gerbil1.jpg

Wooguru = African fish eagle or bald eagle
african-fish-eagle.jpg

Moguryu and Doryuuzu = European Mole
62577-004-A767E787.jpg

Denchura = Orange baboon Tarantula
usambara-orange-baboon-tarantula-largethumb4417981.jpg

Zorua and Zoroark = Red fox
pfb_20081129_4752.jpg

well ummmmm minezumi is a syco bever we already desscused it ;p

still how do i get to put Zu Zu on my signature HELP ME!!!

Uh, Zoroark and Zorua are based off of kitsune's: Fox's that tricked travelers and could transform at will

Tsutaja: A snake (with arms)
Pokabu: A pig
Mijumaru: A SEA otter xD
Mamepato: A pigeon
Hihidaruma: A baboon (mixed with a daruma design)
Shimama: A zebra
Munna: A tapir
Zorua: A fox (with a kitsune abilities)
Zoroark: A fox (with a kitsune abilities)
Chiramii: A chinchilla
Musharna: A tapir (like Munna)
Gear: Gears (lol)
Meguroko: A crocodile/aligator
Desukan: A sac... whatever its now called XD
Ononokusu: A dragon
Moguryuu: A mole
Denchura: A tarantula
Doryuuzu: A mole
Koromori: A Honduran white bat
Wargle: A ealge
Rankurusu: Either a cell or a waterbear
Gochiruzeru: A goth girl
Minezumi: A squirrel or something
Kibago: A dragon-ish-thing
Reshiram: A mix of a dragon, bird and a wolf (IMO)
Zekrom: A mix of a dragon and a machine xD

ITS A BEVER!!!!!!!! GOD! Y CANT U GUYS UNDERSTAND and help me with the egg i got from floatzel.net howto put it in my signature PLZ!!!!!!

pokefreak2000 said:
ITS A BEVER!!!!!!!! GOD! Y CANT U GUYS UNDERSTAND and help me with the egg i got from floatzel.net howto put it in my signature please!

Beaver:
LargeBeaverPhoto.jpg

Squirrel:
squirrel2.jpg

... not so much Beaver dude... its either a squirrel, chipmunk or that gerbil Wolf616 said... xD

Everyone back up why you think the Pokemon is based off of "insert real life animal here" or they will be warned for spam and the thread will be locked. Just saying it is something doesn't make it true.

dmaster out.

TheDarkLucario said:
Uh, Zoroark and Zorua are based off of kitsune's: Fox's that tricked travelers and could transform at will

Don't kitsunes have many tails? Wasn't ninetails already based on a Kitsune? I don't know much about Asian mythology. I just listed the animals that I think they look like the most. ;) I'll leave the cultural and mythological speculation to others.

Red foxes do exist in Asian countries, so the kitsune myths are most likely based on the red fox. The red fox is known as a trickster, and often also a shapeshifter, in European mythology as well.

I'm almost certain it's a chipmunk. The pudgy cheeks and scouting position give it away, I'm afraid. But who knows ;o

The eagle is obviously based on Native Americans. The eagle was a very common symbol among them, and the fact that it has a headdress like a Native American chief solidifies this theory.

dmaster said:
Everyone back up why you think the Pokemon is based off of "insert real life animal here" or they will be warned for spam and the thread will be locked. Just saying it is something doesn't make it true.

dmaster out.

What if its obviously that animal we're talking about? I mean... Pokabu is obviously a pig. If people disagree, there must be something wrong here xD

Oh well, i'm backing mine up with that they look like it. Its only Hihidaruma and Tsutaja that is my guesses because of their names :b

Back