Finished Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Round 1

I was not aware that in the original game everyone voted at the same time. I still think it's best to have the majority decide so please let me know through PM.

Something you could do to keep activity up when votes are private is having phases. Someone would propose a team, which would start the "discussion phase" during which everyone needs to make a certain amount of posts to say why the team should or should not go through. At the end of this phase you can vote for it to go through or not. If it doesn't go through it will go back to the proposal phase and if it does go through everyone needs to vote success or fail before the next phase to happen. This would repeat itself.

Maybe rather than having official phases you can simply say that everyone needs to at least make one/multiple post(s) before they vote.

Thoughts?

Doesn't really matter to me how votes go. I guess it's cause I've never played this in real life but I don't really care how we vote.

With that said, I will accept this first mission. Just need to know the proper format.

Celever said:
Keeper of Night said:
Voting in-thread generates discussion. Otherwise, as I said before, there's little point in posting much besides the teams you suggest.
It also makes every player be active in-thread, prevents lurking and hiding, and therefor gives better results.
If you don't require votes in-thread, how do you plan on people staying active? You can't ask for us to make a post a phase (or whatever) if you put most of the game in PMs.

To apply pressure to people. Having people only vote to stay in the game doesn't appear very good, and is pc++ IMO. If you are going to try and win you should be hunting out the scum and applying pressure. Seriously people should play this game like they would online or irl.

And it's not most of the game, it's 1 word PMs. You can play exactly the same, just sending it in via PM as well...

Discussion is derived from how people vote.
If they simply come in, vote yes/no, and leave, that's usually seen as scummy to some degree. Then, pressure is applied from the active players until they talk.
If they don't do the above, then they have a longer post with things to discuss, and the game continues to have discussion.

But at least votes are revealed. I don't care anymore how it's done. We'll just have to reveal our votes here anyway.

Wait so am I allowed to vote here?

Not entirely sure how this game works, but I feel maybe the more experienced players should do the first mission, so they know what they're doing. Who's played before and who hasn't?

PM your votes to me still, please. But keep up active discussion, too! :3

Alright.
Everybody, reveal your votes here and reasons for that vote. Only real way to keep discussion going.

Keeper of Night said:
Alright.
Everybody, reveal your votes here and reasons for that vote. Only real way to keep discussion going.

I would, but wouldn't that completely counteract the rule? Plus, on the first mission, there's no point about who voted what. I mean, in all seriousness, if this doesn't pass, everyone's just being silly.

(You would be surprised about how often the mission doesn't pass in our games, though...)

Kecleon-X said:
Keeper of Night said:
Alright.

I would, but wouldn't that completely counteract the rule? Plus, on the first mission, there's no point about who voted what. I mean, in all seriousness, if this doesn't pass, everyone's just being silly.

(You would be surprised about how often the mission doesn't pass in our games, though...)

Does it matter if it goes against the rule? The votes will be revealed anyway, nobody has any reason to lie (and if they do, down the chopping block they go). The only way to have any discussion is why people voted yes or no.

"I voted yes because it's the first mission, and we cannot yet gain any knowledge of who the spies are because the game just started."

Signed, every player

PMJ said:
"I voted yes because it's the first mission, and we cannot yet gain any knowledge of who the spies are because the game just started."

Signed, every player

*like*
Mostly I mean for future endeavors. Obviously, regardless of how votes work, there isn't much discussion for the first team (unless somebody wants to act like WW did last game).
However, at least with votes being in-thread before, we knew how close we were to moving on.

^that so much. There isn't any reason to not vote yes for the first mission.

I'll vote yes. blah blah blah not much to say

Reminders have been sent out to people if they have not yet voted. Please get it in ASAP guys!

I have all but one votes in. If the vote isn't submitted to me by 4 PM (roughly when the game started) I'll use one of my subs.

>Werewolf starts

>This game's activity level goes

flushing-toilet_zpsc5157d38.gif

Oh. This game's still going on? I'd forgotten all about it.

Kecleon-X said:
>Werewolf starts

>This game's activity level goes

flushing-toilet_zpsc5157d38.gif

Teal isn't here, but Drac said he'll be back Wednesday (which is today!) so I'll sub him in for the spot once I'm at a computer. Sorry for not telling you guys. i just wanted to give Teal a fair chance to reasd the thread a bit.

Sorry I have my flight to Finland (to my family) tomorrow so I have been too busy to care about any forum games. I voted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back