Finished Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
1) Players are put into 2 teams - spies and the resistance.

2) Players take turns choosing who should go on an "endeavour". The team who WINS the most "endeavours" by the end of the game wins, except if The Resistance "win" but the spies assassinate the Merlin, they win instead.

3) Every round a different number of users must embark on an endeavour. In a standard 6 player game the setup will be as follows:
2 Spies
4 Resistance
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 3 | 4 |
Each number represents the amount of users who must embark on the endeavour.

4) Players vote on a setup they like. So, in a game of Bob, Steve, Julie, Dayton, Isabelle and Inca, one round would play like this:
1] Bob suggests for Bob and Dayton to go on the endeavour.
2] Bob votes "yes", while Steve, Julie, Dayton, Isabelle and Inca all vote "no". Bob and Dayton do not embark, and now Steve chooses a team.
3] Steve suggests for Steve and Inca to go on the endeavour.
4] Bob and Isabelle vote "no", while Steve, Julie, Dayton and Inca all vote "yes".
5] Steve and Inca vote either "success" or "fail". For the mission to succeed, all players must vote for "success". For the mission to fail, only one player has to vote "fail".

5) All votes must be sent to me, the host, via Private Message. This is all of the: Approve or Reject, Succeed or Fail and who to assasinate votes.

6) A successful mission gives the resistance that round, a failed mission gives it to the spies. The team which gets to 3 rounds in their favour wins. However, if the spies "lose", but still manage to assassinate the merlin, they will win.

7) There are also some roles, which I will introduce should Pokebeach get a good grasp on this game.

8) There are 8 places available for this game. This means that the mission numbers are | 3 | 4 | 4 | 5* | 5 |, where the * mission requires two fails for the spies to win.

9) All speech etc. MUST be stated in-thread. This means absolutely no PMing each other about this game. In other words, this is NOC.

10) No editing.

11) No liking.

12) No screenshotting.

13) No quoting the host over private messages.

What differentiates Avalon from The Resistance and what are the new roles for Game 3?
Well, there is a total of 8 players this time, and there are 5 resistance and 3 spies. However, on the resistance, randomly assigned, there will be a Merlin and a Percival and on the spies an Assasin and a Morgana.

The Merlin is resistance-affiliated and knows who the spies are from the start. Wow! That's over-powered, right? Well, he's also a bit of a feeble old fellow. You see, even if the resistance "win" (as in, get more successful endeavours than failed ones) they can still lose if the spies successfully target and assassinate the Merlin with their assassin role.

The Percival is also resistance-affiliated and knows who the Merlin is from the start. Well, half-knows. The Morgana is a spy-affiliated role who looks like a Merlin to the Percival, alongside the real Merlin. So let's say in a game there are 4 players - Dayton, Julie, Inca and Bob - where Dayton is Morgana, Julie is Merlin, Inca is Percival and Bob is regular resistance. To Inca, she will see both Dayton and Julie as merlins and she will have to try and figure out which of them is actually a spy and which is the real Merlin. Does this make sense?

Note: Sign Ups will stay open for only three days. Anyone can join in, but if you were in the last game you will be placed at a lower priority than those who didn't get a chance to play last time. This includes subs, but not Porygon-X because he had to leave immediately for nats last game. I encourage everyone to sign up, though, and if you don't get in you will be first priority as subs.
1) Porygon-X
2) Scorched Feathers
3) Drohn
4) PMJ
5) Teal
6) Cinesra
7) Kecleon-X
8) rev3rsor

Substitutes:
2)GM Draclord (back on 30th)
3) Keeper of Night

All roles are assigned at random, please do not request a certain ability.

I hope you enjoy this game! And remember, if you do NOT receive a Role PM after they have been sent out it means that you are in fact a regular resistance member! ^_^

Drohn

Wild War Dance
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Sign Ups

Approved the game. The new roles look interesting! Enjoy!

You can put me down as a substitute.

Celever

Wheeeee~
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Sign Ups

Oh yes, I urge EVERYONE to check the rules again. There have been some changes and additions since last game! :)

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く
RE: Avalon (The Resistance) -- Game 3 - Sign Ups Close on the 25th at 1 PM GMT

Ooh this should be interesting! In please (I don't mind if others join ahead of me, though, that's fine.)

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Hmm... to play or not to play? I guess I'm in.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

In please! I promise I won't leave for nats during this one. ;)

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer

Innn
finally I get to play this *looks up rules*

Celever

Wheeeee~

Scorched Feathers said:
Innn
finally I get to play this *looks up rules*

But the rules are in the OP! D:

They're adapted from the real rules for forum purposes, anyway. Great to have you in this game though! ^_^

Also, I forgot to mention this, but if a sufficient number of people (16) show interest in playing this, I will open another thread and host two games. Drohn already gave me permission to do this. In fact, he suggested it (or he did again, I put it as an idea in the first game on these forums :x). Otherwise it would be silly to have a certain number of people playing in a game when just as many people who want to aren't. So let's aim for 16 players! If there are 14 people I may host as two games of 7, too, as it is a similar set up really.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

In pls

Lugia123

In! Note that I will be out this Saturday to next Wednesday.

RaichuGirl

Australian National champion 2014

I'll sign up.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Still not happy that these games are extremely luck based. Doesn't even matter if all the missions go through if the spies roll the die right. -.-
Whatever. The least I can do is secure those perfect missions. In.

Why is Drac listed as a sub?

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer

I'll give it a shot.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Keeper of Night said:
Still not happy that these games are extremely luck based. Doesn't even matter if all the missions go through if the spies roll the die right. -.-

I feel like last game was an exception. Merlin's identity was pretty much 50/50 instead of being one in six.

There will be more players this game. That will make it harder for the spies to successfully hit Merlin.

Lugia123

If Drohn gets a spy role here I think he will become the new Twisted Turtwig.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

PMJ said:
Keeper of Night said:

I feel like last game was an exception. Merlin's identity was pretty much 50/50 instead of being one in six.

There will be more players this game. That will make it harder for the spies to successfully hit Merlin.

While I understand the point, it really just makes it harder to get it right, not impossible. There's still a chance of spies winning by sheer luck.

Celever

Wheeeee~

Keeper of Night said:

This is why I decided to make it 8-man. Without a dumb host error it should be a one-in-5 chance for the spies to hit Merlin if they don't even try and hunt for the right person, which aren't very good odds at all. The res has to try and deter them the whole game, too. Especially the percival, who knows two merlins, one being real. He has as much of a responsibility as the Merlon himself, which is another eeason why I think this can deter the luck-based issue. It's all dependant on how you play during the game to throw the spies off course.

With a percival this game will probably be harder for the spies.

And Drac won't be in town until after sign-ups closed but expressed interest, so I made him a sub.

Edit: There's twelve people who have signed up thus far. As such, two games will be very likely, if two more members sign up. The optimal number is 16, but actually it's 17 as Drac won't be here for a while.... 5 more people please? :eek:

I'll start the game once we get 17 people and keep drac there as a sub. If we get 16 the people in the second group with Drac will have their game suspended until next Wednesday (a week from now! D:) for him to return. If we get 15 people I'll start two immediate games of 7 playersw ith drac as a sub, 14 will have the same one group suspended thing.

Note: Drohn is only a sub because he wanted the largest amount of people to be able to play who hadn't already, so he wanted to be the lowest priority. He is available and wants to play!

Kecleon-X

124c41+

803.gif

New Resistance game?

Sign me up!

Celever

Wheeeee~

I'm probably going to be out when sign ups close (note the probably) but we are also only one slot away from being able to run 2 games! If one more person signs up, everyone can play! As I'll probably be missing sign ups deadline you have time to pester someone to join... If not I'll randomize the veteranary players to see who plays, and yhen e priority list will be randomized for substitutions. This is because priority on the order in which they signed up is stupid IMO because of timezones.

Status
Not open for further replies.